Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

This could be very interesting but up to this day, I haven't found a BR suit that fit me right compared to H&M.
I'm corssing my finger that I hope they do not adapt the sack suit shape of the 60'-70's and have it slightly more modern like the show.
H&M is a good buy though, as long as you do not expect it to last for a couple of years.
If you have an event that you need a suit 3-4 times a year, H&M is a perfect buy and it fits great.

I bought some dress shirts from H&M six months ago...wear them every week and wash them myself, hang to dry, and they're no worse/better than the $100shirts from BR, CK, KC etc etc. I just picked up a cotton navy blazer and the quality looks just as good as a cotton blazer from BR. Granted, I haven'tworn it day in day out, but it was $69 (a third of the BR jacket) and certainly isn't a third of the quality.

That said, the pants at H&M are a no go...a dude can't be athletic and wear their pants, evidently.

My experience with all of these midrange brands/retailers, as far as quality and fitment goes, is they're all really close. I have buttons fall off my$180 BR slacks as fast as my $60 Gap Khakis, CK twill pants, Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors dress pants...its all the same IMO. Its about finding the best valueand fit.

I usually find polyester lighter than wool and some suits are made of it.
It is a material that tends to gets shiny quick and that is it's downside.
The "shine" I am talking about is hard to describe but it is usually a sheen that occurs in certain parts of the suit that becomes noticeable as tiem goes on.
It happens to almost all suits but with polyester, it tends to happen faster/more frequently.
Maybe Niidawg could explain into detail what I am talking about.

Quality is also usually lesser on polyester suits.

wj4, the material tag would probably be inside the pocket when it arrives. i doubt your suit is 100% polyester though. If anything, it would be a polyesterblend (maybe with cotton, wool or silk). Considering you say it feels very light and sheeny i am leaning towards silk or wool.

rfx and confocal are both right - polyester suits fade quickly and gain a sheen. also they are terrible for warm weather since as confocal pointed out, theyare unbreathable. the sheen rfx speaks of though is different from the sheen you probably saw on your new suit. that sheen is probably from the silk/wool inthe blend. the "polyester sheen" is plain horrible and makes particular portions of your suit look like an iron has been set on it for a while. i amhunting down a pic on google...

I knew Niidawg would be able to explain it better. The "look like an iron has been set on it for a while" description is about what I was trying tosay. It only stays on one spot and becomes quite noticeable. Yeah, it happens to all suits but polyester is more prone to it from. Considering his suit is HugoBoss, it will most likely be blend of polyester and another material.

Murkn3m, what is "not too expensive"? There are a lot of price ranges and I prices differ between people so it would help if you have a price inmind.

I knew Niidawg would be able to explain it better. The "look like an iron has been set on it for a while" description is about what I was trying to say. It only stays on one spot and becomes quite noticeable. Yeah, it happens to all suits but polyester is more prone to it from. Considering his suit is Hugo Boss, it will most likely be blend of polyester and another material.

Murkn3m, what is "not too expensive"? There are a lot of price ranges and I prices differ between people so it would help if you have a price in mind.
around 50-150

Originally Posted by infamousod

no, this is where the mature NTers talk about mature things, loser.

god so much maturity!!!

Originally Posted by wj4

Went to the Hugo Boss store to pick up my suit. Decided to take this picture in the dressing room just 'cause.
laugh.gif
Too hot to wear a dress shirt today.
30liicz.jpg

cool dude, but me personally i would never be caught dead in stuff like this. again, just stating my opinion....most girls would laugh at this and never giveme the time of day...those shorts aren't too bad, they could be a littttttle longer but the pastel coloring is just hilarious. i'm all for trying outdifferent colors but some of you cats take it too far. get your richard simmons on PLAYA, PLAYAS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my boys think your look is mad 'mature' too. word!

recreationgolfmesaba-country-club0.jpg

too many of you lose sight of your youth when trying to dress better. smh.

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

I knew Niidawg would be able to explain it better. The "look like an iron has been set on it for a while" description is about what I was trying to say. It only stays on one spot and becomes quite noticeable. Yeah, it happens to all suits but polyester is more prone to it from. Considering his suit is Hugo Boss, it will most likely be blend of polyester and another material.

Murkn3m, what is "not too expensive"? There are a lot of price ranges and I prices differ between people so it would help if you have a price in mind.
around 50-150

ColeHaan maybe a good place to start for that price range. I believe they still have a 20% off sale in their website and store now.
These CK aren't that bad for $140.
pl694242-01p01v01.jpg
pl694242-00p01v01.jpg

Check out Nordstrom Rack if you have one near you, you will surely find something you like in your budget.

To those looking for bucks, Pirperlime.com has some for cheap.
These Bass are only $60 and looks very similar to the one Ty was wearing.
pl592536-01viv01.jpg
pl592536-00viv01.jpg

These CK's aren't bad for $80 either:
pl639772-01p01v01.jpg
pl639772-00p01v01.jpg

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

just got these from BR for 24.99, with a $15 off & free shipping code I found from a deal website.
3rd world pimping in effect.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
@ "a deal website" like _s dont know. but yea dudes was beastin for them 15 off codes. i refreshed for a smooth 10 mins or so at work and gave up on that 15.

give me the info dont hold on
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gnarmyroly

Originally Posted by infamousod

no, this is where the mature NTers talk about mature things, loser.

god so much maturity!!!

Originally Posted by wj4

Went to the Hugo Boss store to pick up my suit. Decided to take this picture in the dressing room just 'cause.
laugh.gif
Too hot to wear a dress shirt today.
30liicz.jpg

cool dude, but me personally i would never be caught dead in stuff like this. again, just stating my opinion....most girls would laugh at this and never give me the time of day...those shorts aren't too bad, they could be a littttttle longer but the pastel coloring is just hilarious. i'm all for trying out different colors but some of you cats take it too far. get your richard simmons on PLAYA, PLAYAS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my boys think your look is mad 'mature' too. word!

recreationgolfmesaba-country-club0.jpg

too many of you lose sight of your youth when trying to dress better. smh.
I wouldn't wear those sandals, wouldn't tuck in a polo shirt, and I'd try to make it look a little more casual, have rthe shirt alittle wrinkled maybe, etc.

But there's nothing wrong with pastel shorts....summer time staple. Also I'm not crazy about the way the shirt is cut or the material, it looks toofine gauge/possibly a polyester orpr other synthetic fabric, I prefer mesh cotton like in a Polo (RL) polo, but a white polo shirt is great with those kinds ofshorts.

Looks nothing like a golf outfit, that's a reach.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

As far as quality goes, and designs which do you guys prefer?
H&M or Banana Republic?
It's not even on the same level. BR stuff is superior. Of course pricier too.
Pricier...how? A rung or two above the Gap? Like $120 for a button up expensive?
And do they only sell Burberry Polo shirts at the Burberry Store?

Originally Posted by NEXTEL CUP

Originally Posted by wj4

H&M or Banana Republic?
Pricier...how? A rung or two above the Gap? Like $120 for a button up expensive?

Yes that much pricier.

You can find Burberry polo's at any high end retail store...Bloomingdales, Nieman Marcus, Barney's ect...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by wj4

H&M or Banana Republic?

Yes that much pricier.

You can find Burberry polo's at any high end retail store...Bloomingdales, Nieman Marcus, Barney's ect...
I looked on the website and their pants didn't look like they costed that much, like $60-70.
I'm going to go double check

EDIT: Yeah their stuff isn't that bad pricewise. What other brands would you guys suggest that are similar to this?

Originally Posted by wj4

H&M or Banana Republic?

Yes that much pricier.

I looked on the website and their pants didn't look like they costed that much, like $60-70.
I'm going to go double check
He was reffering to H&Ms pricing. A shirt at hm is costing you 29.99. At least last time i was there.. BR your paying maybe 55-60 for ashirt.

You can buy pants at H&M ranging from $15-$30 though.
I believe even their most expensive suit pants are only $55 while BR's starts at $50 and could go up to $140-$150 a pair.
During their sale last week, some s/s button ups were going for $5 and pants for around $8.

I am pretty sure there top stuff is mid hundreds, as far as the button ups I remember them being pretty pricey.

I am pretty sure there top stuff is mid hundreds, as far as the button ups I remember them being pretty pricey.

H&M? Or BR?
BR has their monogram line, which is supposed to be better quality but also more expensive.
H&M, as far as I know, doesn't really have any tiers lines other than their collabs with designers, which sells out in an instant.

H&M? Or BR?
BR has their monogram line, which is supposed to be better quality but also more expensive.
H&M, as far as I know, doesn't really have any tiers lines other than their collabs with designers, which sells out in an instant.

I am only talking about BR.

I believe even their most expensive suit pants are only $55 while BR's starts at $50 and could go up to $140-$150 a pair.
During their sale last week, some s/s button ups were going for $5 and pants for around $8.
Yeah for a pair of suit pants that is not that bad, I wouldn't mind paying that. How long would it last you though?
and
laugh.gif
kix I'm not seeing these $150 shirts you talking about. Maybe I have to go to the store.

Yeah for a pair of suit pants that is not that bad, I wouldn't mind paying that. How long would it last you though?
and
laugh.gif
kix I'm not seeing these $150 shirts you talking about. Maybe I have to go to the store.

They would last a while or long enough I guess as long as it isn't worn everyday. When buying H&M, you are paying for the fit and price, not quality.
But H&M really does look more expensive than it really is when worn.

and
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
that is because there aren't any did I say that
nerd.gif
Here are some of the 125$ I was talking about though Here

Any suggestions on what kinda shirt could go with this vest?? (maybe even the tie, I think it matches) vest is brown btw..
3c72539e305b53f74e305b7c596e4512d04364f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom