Dressing better

I have a seersucker vest from J. Crew do you honestly think the vest and shorts could be rocked together or should I just opt for the seersucker pants?

A resounding hell no to jeans and sweater with loafers to prom.
Go for a tux like this... it's awesome! I wish I wore something like this to my prom(s).
chris-pine-met-ball-elizabeth-banks-02.jpg

If I could go again, I think I would even go in a well fitting suit to prom. You'd look better than 90% of the kids there

i'm not going to wear jeans to prom, cuz.. i'd obviously substitute the jeans for some non-denim pants. i was thinking about a tux or a suit but i'd rather do something different because everybody there will have on a suit or a tux. thanks for the input, though.. i still have some time to make my final decision.

RFX or Niidawg

How do ya'll feel about wearing black with brown?

I'm thinking about wearing brown damier punchys with a black tshirt....I'm thinking grey raw denim give the fit some balance?

Originally Posted by Slim

i'm not going to wear jeans to prom, cuz.. i'd obviously substitute the jeans for some non-denim pants. i was thinking about a tux or a suit but i'd rather do something different because everybody there will have on a suit or a tux. thanks for the input, though.. i still have some time to make my final decision.
...and you want to be the only dude there without a tux?

Just found this on cheapandstingy...Brooks Brothers has a new Coupon - 25% off all orders use Coupon Code Friend1A at check-out (excludes men's Cordovan shoes, Made-to-Measure and Special Order purchases) (ends 5/10)

a tux isn't mandatory. i can wear whatever i please and i'm not really concerned with fitting in. i'm known as the best dressed student in the school and i'll be fine.. i was just asking for footwear recommendations. you guys shouldn't be so afraid to be a little different.. i'm not walking in there like a high school senior prototype in a typical rented tuxedo. that's a waste of money.

a tux isn't mandatory. i can wear whatever i please and i'm not really concerned with fitting in. i'm known as the best dressed student in the school and i'll be fine.. i was just asking for footwear recommendations. you guys shouldn't be so afraid to be a little different.. i'm not walking in there like a high school senior prototype in a typical rented tuxedo. that's a waste of money.

Because it's a tradition.. but you do Mr. best dressed in your school. Post pictures of your prom fit when you have it all together. 

It's not even about being afraid of being a little different. Going to prom in a sweater and loafers is a big difference. There are places that you just have to wear certain things, like a job interview, funeral or wedding. You can't just go strolling to a corporate job interview in shorts and flip-flops so that you can be different. It doens't work that way. I am all about the small details but seriously, a Mens Wearhouse sack tux is better than wearing a sweater to prom, doesn't matter if you're George Clooney or Brad Pitt to these people, wear a tux. Again, it's prom not a sweet 16 party.
Now if you are willing to change your mind and actually wear a tux, let us know but if you want to stick to your guns, then you might not get too much help. It's the prom, for msot people this is the only time they can wear a tux along with their wedding, you should take advantage of it. Be different by getting a midnight blue and well fitting tux, add accessories that other won't like pocket squares and wear a bowtie (most people wear ties now) and let people remember as the sharp dude at the prom not the guy who wore a sweater because he thinks he's too cool for it or that he just couldn't afford it. 

whatever i end up doing, i'll make sure i post the pictures in this thread. i may not go with my original outfit but i doubt i'm buying a tux.. there's no originality in that,

I can vouch for everyone in this forum you will regret it...5, 10, years later you will be known not as the "Best Dressed" But as the kid who couldn’t afford a tux. LOL do you have a date???? I doubt it and are you gonna ride your bike to the prom as well?

Also why are you in the dressing better forum trying purposely to dress worse?  
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Shaze804

RFX or Niidawg

How do ya'll feel about wearing black with brown?

I'm thinking about wearing brown damier punchys with a black tshirt....I'm thinking grey raw denim give the fit some balance?

I think if it is as simple as a black tee, it should be no problem. People know how I feel anput black button ups(down) but with a simple tee, there really isn't too much rule to that. Then again, I have never been an expert in color coordination so take my advice with a grain of salt.

i doubt i'm buying a tux.. there's no originality in that,

There's no originality in what you're trying to do either. Sweater over a button down shirt isn't ground breaking, you'll just look like you're coming from your office job with a a business-casual dress code.

Originally Posted by Aze201

i doubt i'm buying a tux.. there's no originality in that,

There's no originality in what you're trying to do either. Sweater over a button down shirt isn't ground breaking, you'll just look like you're coming from your office job with a a business-casual dress code.

I agree, there isn't anything original to that. I used to wear that to spring/winter formals, plus I could go to the mall and see at least 5-10 people wearing the exact same thing. Not original at all.

laugh.gif
I forgot how original and different people want to be in highschool. It is prom, anything but a suit or a tux would not be a good move. There is no better feeling then looking that good. You can be "original" by the tux you get. I would just highly suggest you don't do what you're going to do.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

gentleman, im going to vegas this weekend. any suggestions to what to wear and how to dress up in the club? i heard you have to wear slacks? i don't wear slacks other than work so im kinda lost here...
no dress code in Vegas, just dont wear and sneakers.....Yo SLIM get a TUX my dude.

lil dude wants to be original and stand out.

well guess what, Craig Sager and Don Cherry got some ideas for ya:

15-craig-sager1.jpg

743598881.jpg
cherryroses.bennett.jpg

Back
Top Bottom