Originally Posted by JRHodges11

I like this look
sick.gif
terrible. He wearing reebok classics?
athletes and those lenses
smh.gif

terrible fit too.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Yo, RFX, i'm about to copp this suit, what do you think http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...g/PRDOVR~21351/21351.jsp

They look nice in the pic but I asked around SF and they say the suit fits similar to BR, to me that isn't slim or fitted enough but to some it may be.
I would say that the overall style isn't too traditional so the very slim lapel may go out of style in a few years. 

Suit looks very nice though but if you buy a more traditional suit, like what Nii has been wearing, then you migth still be wearing it 10 years from now.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Originally Posted by RFX45

I want this suit.
Damn.
eek.gif

This is mighty clean...

Me want. How much does this run and where can I get?
nerd.gif

If looking that good was as easy as asking how much and where to kop - everybody would look fresh to death.

Thats just a well tailored 3 piece suit in airforce blue, with black shoes. So you need to search for a 3 piece suit in airforce blue, get it tailored and buy some black shoes.

Or find a tailor.

NYC Sales Alert *
J.Crew Sample Sale @261 36th St
Bottoms $25 or 2 for $40
Polos $15 or 2 for $20
Sweaters $35
Shirts $30
Jack Purcells, Sperry sneakers $35

I didn't want to leave!
I got 4 shorts for $80 & a canvas bookbag for $35.
Ends Friday, I took some pics inside, be up within the hr.

I got that Hugo Boss on sale for $30 at Macys.
Not lately, maybe 2-3 years ago but Hugo Boss goes on deep discount at the end of the season.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Yo, RFX, i'm about to copp this suit, what do you think http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...g/PRDOVR~21351/21351.jsp

They look nice in the pic but I asked around SF and they say the suit fits similar to BR, to me that isn't slim or fitted enough but to some it may be.
I would say that the overall style isn't too traditional so the very slim lapel may go out of style in a few years. 

Suit looks very nice though but if you buy a more traditional suit, like what Nii has been wearing, then you migth still be wearing it 10 years from now.

Hmmm, I know what you're saying but I don't know what you're saying
nerd.gif
. I actually thought it looked like a suit that I could wear for years. I know that they are just pictures, but Banana's suits on the web look too boxy. I mean, I would get it all tailored anyway but that suit from JCREW is looking like it might fit me right off the shelf.

When it comes to suits, do they really go outta style tho? I mean besides the crazy colors/patterns etc it seems like the two piece doesn't change a whole lot
nerd.gif
. I was watching Trading Places and Eddie Murphy's suits (beside the wild trench coats and hats) were pretty close to what we wear now. They were slim and pretty much basic. I was like...hmmm

You can see a big difference in the JCrew suit to what Nii posts in here. The lapel being really slim is a dead giveaway.
erez

We can never know for sure what will be the style in the future but out of the two, the JCrew isn't traditional with the thicker lapel but body-wise, I would say they are both full bodied. I just think the lapel is too narrow/slim on the JCrew suit although the more fitted look probably won't go out of style.

Suits definitely go out of style, especialy the specific designs. I've seen old suit with a very low lapel, wide lapels too high/too low gorge, no vents, too long, etc... The Steve Harvey look was mainstream a decade ago, almost zoot suit like. Again, those are more fashion oriented, kind of todays very slim and extra short suits. There is no denying that the trend right now is slim silhouettes and I do like it but to a certain degree. Like with lapels, I wouldn't go too narrow as the JCrew, maybe add half an inch to inch to that, but I also wouldn't go to wide. Peak or notch lapel, personal choice but peak lapel has been out of the mainstream for a while, it is making a come back though but in slimmer lapels. I always have a hard time explaining it in writing, maybe Nii can chime in more. He can usually summarize my paragraph into one concise sentence. 

The trick is to stay with the classics and don't go for something that is too fashion oriented or trend influenced. 

J.Crew Sample Sale
Massive inventory, shorts were great @ 2 for $40, button downs/sweaters at $35, tees $10
blazers/outerwear $135, shoes/boots $105, Sperrys $65, Sperry sneakers/Jack Purcells $35
jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%281%20of%209%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%282%20of%209%29.jpg

jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%283%20of%209%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%284%20of%209%29.jpg

jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%285%20of%209%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%286%20of%209%29.jpg

jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%287%20of%209%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%288%20of%209%29.jpg

jcrewsamplesaleinside%20%289%20of%209%29.jpg
crew1.jpg

Pickups
jcrewsamplesale%20%2839%20of%2046%29.jpg

Seersucker
jcrewsamplesale%20%289%20of%2046%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesale%20%2811%20of%2046%29.jpg

My wife laughed when I put these on, never seen shorts so short on me.
Might leave them for a trip on an island.
jcrewsamplesale%20%2817%20of%2046%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesale%20%2823%20of%2046%29.jpg

pimp.gif

jcrewsamplesale%20%2824%20of%2046%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesale%20%2827%20of%2046%29.jpg

these looked better at the sale, look too much like swim trunks
jcrewsamplesale%20%2831%20of%2046%29.jpg

Bookbag $35
jcrewsamplesale%20%2833%20of%2046%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesale%20%2834%20of%2046%29.jpg

H&M $15 Henley & Paul Fredrick shirt at a luxury consignment shop
jcrewsamplesale%20%2845%20of%2046%29.jpg
jcrewsamplesale%20%2846%20of%2046%29.jpg

anybody try on or bought the extra slim fit Brook Brothers dress shirts?

If you wear 14 1/2 / 32, can you please post the chest and waist measurements?

Nice pick ups, seer sucker shorts looks nice.
I like the Sperry chukka boat shoes too.
And I would have stocked up on JPs if I were there.
laugh.gif

Rachel Johnson styles LeBron James, Chris Paul, OJ Mayo and Amare Stoudemire. Plus some actors too.

You can see a big difference in the JCrew suit to what Nii posts in here. The lapel being really slim is a dead giveaway.
erez

We can never know for sure what will be the style in the future but out of the two, the JCrew isn't traditional with the thicker lapel but body-wise, I would say they are both full bodied. I just think the lapel is too narrow/slim on the JCrew suit although the more fitted look probably won't go out of style.

Suits definitely go out of style, especialy the specific designs. I've seen old suit with a very low lapel, wide lapels too high/too low gorge, no vents, too long, etc... The Steve Harvey look was mainstream a decade ago, almost zoot suit like. Again, those are more fashion oriented, kind of todays very slim and extra short suits. There is no denying that the trend right now is slim silhouettes and I do like it but to a certain degree. Like with lapels, I wouldn't go too narrow as the JCrew, maybe add half an inch to inch to that, but I also wouldn't go to wide. Peak or notch lapel, personal choice but peak lapel has been out of the mainstream for a while, it is making a come back though but in slimmer lapels. I always have a hard time explaining it in writing, maybe Nii can chime in more. He can usually summarize my paragraph into one concise sentence. 

The trick is to stay with the classics and don't go for something that is too fashion oriented or trend influenced. 

Thanks for your help. I still think I will get it though
laugh.gif
, I just like it. If it goes out of style then it goes outta style
laugh.gif
. But on another note, what do you think of the price? Its looking like 6 bills for the jacket and pants. Then I was just gonna build around from there. You know, shoes, shirt, tie etc. There is also a 3 piece suit from express that I like (http://www.express.com/su...r_att_value=Email&Mrsaa=*&Mrsavf=*) but i dunno about that. The quality wouldn't be as good but I would save a couple bills and have 3 pieces
laugh.gif
. But I dunno, its not like I have a ton of money I just I have always favored quality over quanity.

^^ its your money - but for 600 dollars, you should be looking to buy Canali, Faconnable, mid range RL (PRL), Luciano Barbera, Pal Zileri, Zegna etc etc and/or considering a cheap bespoke number.

and also, why ask for feedback if your mind is already made up?

Back
Top Bottom