Dressing better

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Rachel Johnson styles LeBron James, Chris Paul, OJ Mayo and Amare Stoudemire. Plus some actors too.

Thanks for the info ... i suspected Chris Paul had a stylist. LOL @ Amare. He must not be listening to the stylist.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

^^ its your money - but for 600 dollars, you should be looking to buy Canali, Faconnable, mid range RL (PRL), Luciano Barbera, Pal Zileri, Zegna etc etc and/or considering a cheap bespoke number.

and also, why ask for feedback if your mind is already made up?

Well it isn't completely made up. I just really wanted some insight. I honestly don't know much about suits and I learned something today. I didn't even know what lapels were until about 5 minutes ago
laugh.gif

And see, you just shed some more light so even though I was favoring the JCREW suit before,...now you have me wanting to look into these brands you speak of. So asking anyways was a good idea after all
pimp.gif

So these brands? Just google them
nerd.gif
? Never heard of them besides RL

Originally Posted by wohcttank

whats the best way to go about finding a good tailor in my area?

1. find a reputable mens store in your area ... they would most likely have an in-house tailor or can recommend you one.  
2. just do a google search and read reviews. maybe you might have to do some trial and error, with simpler stuff (cuffs, waist, lengthening of sleeves etc) to see if they are "the one" 
3. stop a well dressed man in the street and ask him. be prepared for a snub, since many men will share their wives before they will share their tailor (especially a good tailor
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by wohcttank

whats the best way to go about finding a good tailor in my area?
1. Talk to your local department store.
2. If you see someone that's sharply dressed, just stop and ask them. I'm sure it'll be a compliment.
3. Yelp is very helpful as well.

Nacho - nice pickups!! Not feeling the bag though.
Stay Lurkin: 1. find a Men's store ... 2. get yourself measured (shoulders, chest, sleeve are the main ones). 3. try on a ton of suits till you find the one that consistently gives you the fit you want. 4. go to your favorite hook up spot and buy on discount ... never buy high end suits at retail. 5. find a tailor you can trust and has proven track record and have him whip you a bespoke or Made to Measure (MTM) number.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

laugh.gif
Did that really just happen?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Almost dead on ... lol.

At least that means peeps are actually reading the thread. I feel like we almost need a FAQ section for some things ... "how do clarks fit, how do i find a good tailor, is this a good suit to buy" etc etc etc  

I know that I wouldn't have a problem telling someone who my tailor was if that's what you mean ^^^. I mean, your tailor does a great job why not help him/her out and get em' more people?

Nacho, those seersuckers and madras shorts are needed.

i would ask you to go back there for me but there's probably nothing left

Does anyone have the link to the video on the dress shoe care tips? I could of sworn I saw it in this thread, went back about 40 pages and don't see it =/.

Ty.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Finally broke my pair out.. There nice fit kinda loose and dirty pretty quickly (and i drive so thats bad)

29297_432113007585_602332585_5700456_6916749_n.jpg

29297_432113247585_602332585_5700458_539692_n.jpg
White laces on these would set them off.

What brand of shoes are those and does anyone have a link to them?

gentleman, im going to vegas this weekend. any suggestions to what to wear and how to dress up in the club? i heard you have to wear slacks? i don't wear slacks other than work so im kinda lost here...

alright, well prom is coming up in 2 weeks for me. i have a specific idea of what i'd like to wear and it's similar to p's fit in this picture:

14doa4m.jpg

i'm probably gonna go with the bowtie/v-neck look but i need help with the shoes. i'm thinking about a nice pair of loafers/drivers like Tod's (different color but same design):

Screen-shot-2010-02-15-at-9.54.21-AM.png

or maybe some nice slip ons like p has on in the fit above, but i'm open to any footwear recommendations for a fit like that. no boat shoes please.

Originally Posted by Slim

alright, well prom is coming up in 2 weeks for me. i have a specific idea of what i'd like to wear and it's similar to p's fit in this picture:

14doa4m.jpg

i'm probably gonna go with the bowtie/v-neck look but i need help with the shoes. i'm thinking about a nice pair of loafers/drivers like Tod's (different color but same design):

or maybe some nice slip ons like p has on in the fit above, but i'm open to any footwear recommendations for a fit like that. no boat shoes please.
da hell are you looking for loafers and drivers for?
laugh.gif
get some Oxfords kid.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by Slim

14doa4m.jpg

da hell are you looking for loafers and drivers for?
laugh.gif
get some Oxfords kid.
laugh.gif
 Thats what I was thinking as I read that

Back
Top Bottom