Dressing better

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

This is my favorite NT thread; I appreciate the advice and love seeing the new looks posted but when some people post there daily outfits I'm just wondering, what's the difference between this and the WDYWT threads?

In the WDYWT thread, 90-95% of the pics posted are just shoes, the title should really be changed to "WSAYWT." In this thread, we offer advice, criticism and help while providing some pics. You can qoute pics here and ask questions while in the other thread you might get banned for doing so. I am with Nii though, I doubt anyone there would care if you post dress shoes and boots. I didn't initially start posting pic int his thread but a few people PMed me to post some to encourage others and then Nii started posting more and more and I figured why not. It takes less than 5 minutes of my life to take pics and post so it's no big deal. 

Actually RFX45 thats how WDYWT threads were back then just pictures of the shoes, although I do agree this is one of my favorite threads on NT

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Nike Pepper Lows....the grey pair
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

20103921954579.jpg

20100309060721624.jpg

20100309060732907.jpg

20100309060841738.jpg

20100309061105859.jpg

When and where do these release??

These will look dope in the summer.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Actually RFX45 thats how WDYWT threads were back then just pictures of the shoes, although I do agree this is one of my favorite threads on NT

It still is, isn't it? When I get really bored and go inside the thread all I really see is just shoe fit pics and most are even just close up, which is cool especially when I see some rare sneakers.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by eeibaby

It still is, isn't it? When I get really bored and go inside the thread all I really see is just shoe fit pics and most are even just close up, which is cool especially when I see some rare sneakers.
Oh I didn't know that because when I used to constantly check they would have fit pics too, horrible but still

H&M is having a 15 bucks off jackets/blazers.. not sure if it applies to all H&Ms or how long...check it for yourself 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

20100309060721624.jpg

I'm wondering the same thing. I also wanted to ask if there was any other nice casually shoe like this nike makes. I remember they made a shoe a while back that was really nice. One was brown and one was black and they had white soles but I cant remember what it was called. Could anyone help with that?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

20100309060721624.jpg

I'm wondering the same thing. I also wanted to ask if there was any other nice casually shoe like this nike makes. I remember they made a shoe a while back that was really nice. One was brown and one was black and they had white soles but I cant remember what it was called. Could anyone help with that?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

great post on how to rock a suit many different ways (sorry if already posted):

http://www.thestyleblogge..._looks..html  
Good look, very interesting. Makes me wonder though, with the pants being worn as a separate, it is just the pics that make them look better? I'd imagine it might be a bit more difficult pulling it off in real life.

Actually not as hard .... I think the advice he (Jeff) is giving is very sound ... suits can be worn in various ways to expand one's wardrobe and i encourage that too.  

Here is the full 3 piece:

Here it is as a preppy fit (tasseled loafs, funky sox etc):

Here it is as a business casual fit:

I've rocked it as a weekender too before, but didnt take a picture that day ... i have thought about the contrasting vest in a solid chocolate brown, but i dont own one so have pulled it off. Have done similar fits with a couple other "loud" three pieces 

The pattern on your suit is more subtle though, the guy in the blog is a bit more gaudy?
I'm not sure if that is the word I am looking for but his suit definitely stands out more that yours.
I agree though, suit can be versatile and so many different fits can be made with suits as separates.

In the WDYWT thread, 90-95% of the pics posted are just shoes, the title should really be changed to "WSAYWT." In this thread, we offer advice, criticism and help while providing some pics. You can qoute pics here and ask questions while in the other thread you might get banned for doing so. I am with Nii though, I doubt anyone there would care if you post dress shoes and boots. I didn't initially start posting pic int his thread but a few people PMed me to post some to encourage others and then Nii started posting more and more and I figured why not. It takes less than 5 minutes of my life to take pics and post so it's no big deal. 

Originally Posted by niidawg3

This is pretty much the only thread i check on NT ... so maybe i shouldnt say this, but i doubt the crowd in WDYWT care much about the way i dress (considering the average age on NT). Maybe i am wrong.
Fair enough gentleman, post away
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Are white linen trousers or jeans a bad look for the summer?

I think spring and summer are the perfect time to wear them.

Which of the two brands would produce a better quality suit? I found them both for similiar price points at around ~$300 before alterations. I know the Boss retails for more, but I also tend to like how Ben Sherman fits (for casual clothes). I'm looking for a more modern/slim cut suit which I'm pretty sure the Ben Sherman is, but I'm wondering is the Boss is equivalent but better quality?

Hugo Boss Pasolini
930324_fpx.tif

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...t&utm_source=GoogleProduct&utm_medium=organic

OR

Ben Sherman King
LMX022JK-13.jpg

http://www.bensherman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_12051_-1_26501_75402_10551_24512

Ben Sherman have been making suits for a while but they have recently taken on the business of mtm suits. And I know they just barely started selling those suits in their UK website, so quality-wise, I am not sure yet how these new runs of suits are. Quality-wise, Hugo Boss might be a bit higher but I'd say very slightly.

If you are a smaller build, the Ben Sherman might be right for you, they have 3 fits (Camde, Kings & City) as you can tell and you are bound to find one that fits you well. In Hugo Boss, even their slim fit suits doesn't fit me right, extensive alterations would have been needed.

While Ben Sherman will fit better off the rack, one thing it has against it is that it's a bit too modern, real narrow lapels, shorter length, higher armholes, etc... which could become outdated, especially the real narrow lapels. Hugo Boss has a more classic design with a slightly wider lapel and not being cut too slim, etc...

Come to think of it, the Hugo Boss suit in the sub $300 price range (retail) will probably be similar in quality as Ben Sherman if not worst. It's probably Hugo Boss' diffusion line, which is probably of sub par quality. I'd rank that in the realm of Alfani and Sean John suits, quality wise.

Ben Sherman have been making suits for a while but they have recently taken on the business of mtm suits. And I know they just barely started selling those suits in their UK website, so quality-wise, I am not sure yet how these new runs of suits are. Quality-wise, Hugo Boss might be a bit higher but I'd say very slightly.

If you are a smaller build, the Ben Sherman might be right for you, they have 3 fits (Camde, Kings & City) as you can tell and you are bound to find one that fits you well. In Hugo Boss, even their slim fit suits doesn't fit me right, extensive alterations would have been needed.

While Ben Sherman will fit better off the rack, one thing it has against it is that it's a bit too modern, real narrow lapels, shorter length, higher armholes, etc... which could become outdated, especially the real narrow lapels. Hugo Boss has a more classic design with a slightly wider lapel and not being cut too slim, etc...

Come to think of it, the Hugo Boss suit in the sub $300 price range (retail) will probably be similar in quality as Ben Sherman if not worst. It's probably Hugo Boss' diffusion line, which is probably of sub par quality. I'd rank that in the realm of Alfani and Sean John suits, quality wise.
Thanks.  The Hugo Boss suit is actually $795 retail, but I found it online for $350 shipped.  The problem is I want to try it on before I go out and buy it.  I'm pretty sure the bloomies in SF has them in stock though.  I was planning on getting the suit tailored either way. so I guess I'll stick with the Hugo Boss especially considering it's my first suit.

Any other suggestion for a starter or first suit would be appreciated as well.  I just got a check from my side-business for $1,500 so I want to put $500 (cost of OTR + alterations) of that into a suit as I'm looking to start interviews for a real career in a couple of months

If a Nordstrom Rack is available, check them out. Z for Zegna is what I recommend for an entry level suit and when on sale, they could be had for around $400. Bloomingdales is actually a good place to check them out in, they often have them on sale. If you're in Bloomingdales, check out Conrliani as well, iirc you might be able to find one for a relatively good price when on sale. Hickey Freeman at Nordstrom Rack is also a good option, probably mid-way point in slimness between Ben Sherman and Hugo Boss. I like John Varvatos USA suits fit, but that is one of those brands where I will pay for the design and sacrifice quality, it won't fall apart but it isn't the best out there. In my area, JV is available at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom Rack and Macys.

For those looking for a good quality, staple navy blazer, check out http://andersonlittle.com/.
They seems like a pretty good company and so far, all they sell are navy blazers for $160 shipped.

Satisfaction guarranteed too so if you didn't like it, you can easily return them. 

I've emailed the owner back and forth and he's a cool guy.

Back
Top Bottom