Dressing better

sorry i know its been asked but whats that website for cheap ties again?
also anyone know of any sub-$50 knit ties?

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I love hats...Can't wait to pull this out again this summer

My jean jacket

I got that same fedora bro. from target right?
smokin.gif
Yep, Went to grab some sock and found a gem. Gets hella compliments.
pimp.gif
indeed

headed down to Miami for a week...anyone wanna put together a fit for me...both daytime and night life
since i've got the physique for it, i usually keep it simple with a fitted tee (not the d-bag UFC kind 
laugh.gif
) and chinos/cords and some loafers/boats

i actually wanted to try the miami look though...linens and such 
laugh.gif
.....any ideas or suggestestions

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

headed down to Miami for a week...anyone wanna put together a fit for me...both daytime and night life
since i've got the physique for it, i usually keep it simple with a fitted tee (not the d-bag UFC kind 
laugh.gif
) and chinos/cords and some loafers/boats

i actually wanted to try the miami look though...linens and such 
laugh.gif
.....any ideas or suggestestions
No socks.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

sorry i know its been asked but whats that website for cheap ties again?
also anyone know of any sub-$50 knit ties?

Macys. Alfani and Club Room knit ties are at $25 a pop. Tons of colors to choose from too.

The $15 off jacket at H&M is a pretty good deal. I need to raid other H&Ms though to find my size but I found a barracuda type jacket for $35 in waxed navy cotton. It should be $20 after the $15 off and should be a pretty good deal. Found a size 34R light grey blazer and had to snatch it up right away, a size 34 appears once in a blue moon and it surprisngly fits me better than the 36R.
laugh.gif

Tonight...

ps_cag14.jpg

I've seen more than several pairs of Allen Edmond dress shoes at the local Nordy Rack for about $150...great price for great shoes. Just a FYI.

Just got my schedule for J.Crew next week. I'll be working rollout, which is basically putting out our new line. I'll let you guys know if we get anything good:smile:

Forgot I saw some Frye boots at Nordy Rack as well. They look nearly identical to the Red Wings I bought and returned at J. Crew except they were A LOT lighter and feel less bulkier on your feet.

When buying a suit, what if I need a different size pants from what size the jacket would be? I know some stores let you mix and max, but some stores only allow you to buy the set as is

Originally Posted by rcdp

When buying a suit, what if I need a different size pants from what size the jacket would be? I know some stores let you mix and max, but some stores only allow you to buy the set as is

you can buy suit seperates, but if you do that buy the top and bottom from the same label because even though its say black, different label or designers will use a slightly different shade. It can be noticeable.

Thanks, I knew to buy the same brand no matter what cuz matching colors is near impossible.  I have the casual and semi-casual game down imo,I just never had to buy a suit until recently.

Originally Posted by rcdp

More than often, there is an inch or so of extra fabric in the inner back area of the pants that allows you to take in or let out without a problem.

This is how it was when I bought my Hugo Boss suit.  This is also how A.P.C. does their slacks, in size small, medium, or large.  You're suppose to get the inseams hemmed to your body and the width area as well.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

No good report on sales.
However, excellent slim fit dress shirts discovered!
Brand : Alara
Found at Saks Off for $60 & Century 21 in NYC metro for $40
Haven't tried the Extra Slim by BB yet, but this is the mix of fit & quality I've found so far.  This is after the interview so it's wrinkled.
vpinterview-2.jpg
vpinterview-3.jpg

vpinterview-4.jpg
vpinterview-7.jpg

vpinterview-6.jpg

no longer virgin, pounded by Manhattan cement
vpinterview-8.jpg

Thanks for the good luck.  Interview went phenomenal, drank a Naked Protein juice & banana and confident as Ben Affleck in Boiler Room.
pimp.gif

Just a personal preference, but that shirt may look a lot better if you got it tailored or darted/takin in from the sides.  Esp. if your not wearing a blazer.
Every shirt I wear with dress pants, or tucked in anyway needs to be somewhat tight or fitted, I can't handle the extra material flapping around.

I3 - going to the tailor becomes very addicting. And I agree with you. I visit my tailor on the regular.

out of curiousity are we allowed to sell/buy in this thread? i got some boots that the rest of NT wouldnt like, but ppl in this thread might dig for sale... just wondering... i guess pics would of helped
ohwell.gif

Can anyone recommend me a  tailor in the bay area? (around SF)

I am looking for someone who has a modern sense of style and skills of course. (the very best)

Thanks

A tailor can take-in a suit jacket at the sides, correct? I just got a new suit from Brooks Brothers and although the salesman said it looks fine, it still feels 'boxy' through the torso, and I like a snugger fit (this, to me, is the difference between American and European suits). If I take it back to them will they be able to alter it, because I don't think the jacket itself is too big?

Originally Posted by JDB1523

A tailor can take-in a suit jacket at the sides, correct? I just got a new suit from Brooks Brothers and although the salesman said it looks fine, it still feels 'boxy' through the torso, and I like a snugger fit (this, to me, is the difference between American and European suits). If I take it back to them will they be able to alter it, because I don't think the jacket itself is too big?
Just make sure it fits in the shoulders. If so, the rest can be taken care of by a tailor.

Originally Posted by quik1987

So many of y'all gonna be rocking jean jackets and denim shirts?

since winter 2008 i now own 5 and im thinking about a 6th ..... I love denim/chambray shirts ....... cant wait for J Crew to recieve the green chambray ....

as far as Jean jackets go im too tall for them, ive purchased maybe 3 on ebay since 07 and they are all too short on me
mad.gif

This is my favorite NT thread; I appreciate the advice and love seeing the new looks posted but when some people post there daily outfits I'm just wondering, what's the difference between this and the WDYWT threads?

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

This is my favorite NT thread; I appreciate the advice and love seeing the new looks posted but when some people post there daily outfits I'm just wondering, what's the difference between this and the WDYWT threads?

This is pretty much the only thread i check on NT ... so maybe i shouldnt say this, but i doubt the crowd in WDYWT care much about the way i dress (considering the average age on NT). Maybe i am wrong.

With that said ... here is a Casual Friday fit ... feelin' springy
grin.gif

Full Shot:

Deets:

Full Shot:

Back
Top Bottom