Dressing better

here's the pics of the 511's i picked up...i usually wear 30x32...bumped it to 32x32 and i think they're perfect...not painted on tight but not baggy either...great deals on em at kohls/jcpenny too.  there was only one pair i wanted that i couldn't find in my size, but i'll get em eventually.

http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/sellinstuff4231988/?action=view&current=001-12.jpghttp://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/sellinstuff4231988/?action=view&current=003-13.jpghttp://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/sellinstuff4231988/?action=view&current=007-11.jpghttp://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/sellinstuff4231988/?action=view&current=004-13.jpg

Damn, you went on a shopping spree with the 511's.
laugh.gif

How much were they are Kohls/JC Penney?
I hate that all coupons do not work on Levis at Macys anymore.

awon, I belive those are Fossil boots.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya
You're lucky.  Here in San Fran, I can't find any kind of 511s in regular styles.  The only ones they have in dark washes come with pre-made whiskers or honeycombs.  All I want is plain indigo 511s and I'm having the hardest time finding that.  Probably gunna head to downtown soon to find hopefully.

Originally Posted by rcdp

You're lucky.  Here in San Fran, I can't find any kind of 511s in regular styles.  The only ones they have in dark washes come with pre-made whiskers or honeycombs.  All I want is plain indigo 511s and I'm having the hardest time finding that.  Probably gunna head to downtown soon to find hopefully.
dont go to macys. look up the nearest Pac Sun or Tillys, they usually have dark 511s without any fading/whiskering

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

dont go to macys. look up the nearest Pac Sun or Tillys, they usually have dark 511s without any fading/whiskering

Or Urban Outfitters, although I did get my dark 511's at Macys.

Picked up a knit tie today for $24 a little expensive but it was 50% off.

anyway where is the best place to get a cheap tie bar? nothing fancy.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Thanks for the tip. Hit up Tilly's and got a pair for 37 shipped after i found 20% off coupon code.

Originally Posted by RFX45

J Crews New Ginghams
erez
looking for this shirt for a while but the price tag is a little to expensive.
anyone know where u can get a better deal on a similar shirt  
nerd.gif

Question....

I heard that Nordstrom have tailors on hand. Will they tailor any garments outside their stores? I know I'm thinking about getting a suit from nordstrom rack and taking it to a tailor at the reg nordstrom.

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

Originally Posted by RFX45

J Crews New Ginghams
looking for this shirt for a while but the price tag is a little to expensive.
anyone know where u can get a better deal on a similar shirt  
nerd.gif
Probably Old Navy/Gap.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Picked up a knit tie today for $24 a little expensive but it was 50% off.

anyway where is the best place to get a cheap tie bar? nothing fancy.
thetiebar.com

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Question....

I heard that Nordstrom have tailors on hand. Will they tailor any garments outside their stores? I know I'm thinking about getting a suit from nordstrom rack and taking it to a tailor at the reg nordstrom.

the rack has tailors on hand (in my area atleast), if they don't they will send it to a regular nordstroms for you

Well the 511's are supposed to be $54 regular...

but there was a buy one get one 50% off, so I got 2 pair at Penney's for $66
pimp.gif

then i went over to Kohl's and they were $36.99 a pop, so pretty good deals overall.

I wouldn't hit up Urban unless it's your last resort cuz they'll be $54 there.

And yep, those are Fossil Sidwing boots...I believe Shoemall.com has em on the lowwwwww right now.

Picked up my first suit today as well...Calvin Klein at TJ Maxx for $149.99
pimp.gif

It needs some work, but I'll post pics of the suit tomorrow.

man i'm trying to dress a little better than i already am

my lineup

-shoes
3 jordans
8 sb dunks
1 sperry top-sider

shirts
-about 26 T shirts from regular BDG v necks to a few A&F shirts
-about 14 RL polos

pants
-2 pairs of levis
-2 pairs of Calvin Klein
-some extra pants

--Granite I live in Florida, I don't have to many good jackets.
but that is what I'm trying to expand from

where do I start? button ups?

(pics if necessary)

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

man i'm trying to dress a little better than i already am

my lineup

-shoes
3 jordans
8 sb dunks
1 sperry top-sider

shirts
-about 26 T shirts from regular BDG v necks to a few A&F shirts
-about 14 RL polos

pants
-2 pairs of levis
-2 pairs of Calvin Klein
-some extra pants

--Granite I live in Florida, I don't have to many good jackets.
but that is what I'm trying to expand from

where do I start? button ups?

(pics if necessary)
Hey,

Niidawg, who's a regular contributor in here, posted this as a list of basics/starters to begin dressing better. It's not exclusive, but I think it's a good summary and it's helped me.

niidawg3 wrote:
Originally Posted by bluedeniro

i was gonna make a thread but i see that there are some true to thegame cats in here. How do i make the comfortable transition to dressingbetter, i know how to dress , i clean up nice for job interviews andwork, but when work is done im back to street wear. Im not asking whatto wear like pick me a outfit (II), its more like where to start so Ican learn my style on what fits right to my personality. For examplewhen you guys first started was it clarks and blazers, cardigans andboat shoes , polo and dressed shoes. slacks vs jeans ? , is new erasstill a go? (please say yes) and last department or online storesstores that sell all dope items? is there any sites or blogs that caterto Dressing better?

lotsof good questions most of which have unfortunately been addressed inprevious pages. but i'll throw out the list i gave to someone who askedthe question a while back again:

- well fitting white shirt
- well fitting blue shirt
- well fitting khaki pants
- well fitting dark rinse jeans
- well fitting navy blazer
- ties to match your style, personality and weather
-leather soled shoes - no aldos, no kenneth coles. invest in a good pairor two - they will last you a while and will have better resale value
- well fitting charcoal or navy suit
- pair of low profile sneakers ... jack purcells, alife, adidas stan smiths, claes ... something like that

thiscan form the basis of ANY wardrobe. they are staples that everyoneneeds irrespective of how you dress. then you can start adding thepieces ... pocket squares, denim jackets, suede or leather chukkas etcetc etc.

for a work day you can wear a white shirt, khakipants and throw on a blazer with a tie. you would look better than 90%of the population if the fit and color coordination is spot on. the fora night out, you can loosen the tie ... and depending on the weather,take off the jacket and roll up the sleeves of the shirt. mix and matchall of the above and you will be good.

Note to the newcomers to the game...don't get stuff just because it's on sale.  That was my mistake, I got so much crap because it was on sale and 'too cheap to pass up'.  I just cleaned out my closet and SMH at the stuff I bought that never got worn.

If it's something that you know you're going to be wearing it in a rotation, spring up the money and get it.  Spending $100 to get something that gets regular wears > spending $40 for something that was 70% off that will never see day light out of your closet.

Originally Posted by wj4

Note to the newcomers to the game...don't get stuff just because it's on sale.  That was my mistake, I got so much crap because it was on sale and 'too cheap to pass up'.  I just cleaned out my closet and SMH at the stuff I bought that never got worn.

If it's something that you know you're going to be wearing it in a rotation, spring up the money and get it.  Spending $100 to get something that gets regular wears > spending $40 for something that was 70% off that will never see day light out of your closet.
I know how you feel.  Old Navy button us feel like public restroom paper towels.  I only wear 1 of the 3 I have and no where near regular rotation

Originally Posted by wj4

I know how you feel.  Old Navy button us feel like public restroom paper towels.  I only wear 1 of the 3 I have and no where near regular rotation

laugh.gif

For my case, I used to be a sucker for the on sale racks at Macy's. Example: I bought a lot of bad fitting INC button up shirts because they were $15. The sleeves were too short and the top button on the collar couldn't even close. As a result, I never got around to wear any of them. I would trade them all for 1 good fitting shirt from J. Crew or something that would get worn 1-2 times a month.

Also for those who have the same issue as I do with Levi 511 being too tight and 514 being too baggy, I hear the Capitol E "Matchstick' is the perfect compromise. Going to Nordy tomorrow to try on some.

Originally Posted by wj4

QFT

i got a handful of ill-fitting clothes sitting around waiting to be worn
smh.gif

i either gotta take them to the tailor or give them to a thrift store

looking for some suggestions on casual spring/summer shoes. have a pair of boat shoes already, so i'm good with those.

thanks

Originally Posted by CJ003

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Question....

the rack has tailors on hand (in my area atleast), if they don't they will send it to a regular nordstroms for you
Yep.  Nordy Rack has their own tailors.  I've had great experience with both Nordy and Nordy Rack from past experience when it comes to altering. 

You need to show the receipt to get the work done though so they know you didn't buy the garment from say, Marshalls, and try to get them to alter it.

Back
Top Bottom