Dressing better

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

CheGTR wrote:

_MG_2655.jpg
what jacket is this?

nerd.gif

If your date is int he evening, the second shirt won't work too well.
The pink one is nice, I'd go with that with those two choices.
As for the pants, it looks good but I am not too sure about the pattern and how it will work with the striped shirt.
Will the pants fit you though? I'd try and get it early and get it hemmed for a better fit, maybe bring the shirt in to get is fit better?

A tie and jacket/sport coat will pull it all together, maybe a sweater so that later in the night when your date is cold you can put the jacket on her and you won't be left freezing.
Of course I'd suggest a brown shoes and brown belt.
It will really depend on the rest of your clothes to see how it will work.

Originally Posted by RFX45

If your date is int he evening, the second shirt won't work too well.
The pink one is nice, I'd go with that with those two choices.
As for the pants, it looks good but I am not too sure about the pattern and how it will work with the striped shirt.
Will the pants fit you though? I'd try and get it early and get it hemmed for a better fit, maybe bring the shirt in to get is fit better?

A tie and jacket/sport coat will pull it all together, maybe a sweater so that later in the night when your date is cold you can put the jacket on her and you won't be left freezing.
Of course I'd suggest a brown shoes and brown belt.
It will really depend on the rest of your clothes to see how it will work.

Do you think the pattern on these pants will look better? And what shade of brown is good? Like these? http://bananarepublic.gap...id=588165&scid=588165012And yeah they will fit me from the jump. I've never had to have anything altered from Banana

I think the shirt is too business oriented and isn't necessarily best in the evening.
Check out Ushers fit at the Grammys a few pages back, everything looked good but the shirt didn't work too well for an evening event.

As for the shoes, I think any shade of brown will do as long as it's not tan or lighter.

I think the shirt is too business oriented and isn't necessarily best in the evening.
Check out Ushers fit at the Grammys a few pages back, everything looked good but the shirt didn't work too well for an evening event.

As for the shoes, I think any shade of brown will do as long as it's not tan or lighter.

Damn, I never really put to much thought into it. Thanks for all your help though. Looks like I can't do too much wrong with the fit at this point
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

If your date is int he evening, the second shirt won't work too well

And what do you mean by this exactly?

It is also because the pattern resembles the plaid patterns of the pants too much. You generally want to go contrast: striped pants, solid shirt and vice versa. If you want to go both striped, then you have to make sure that the stripes are not similar in size. Plaid pants will generally look better with a solid shirt or a thin striped shirt.

Everyone looking for gingham shirts, check out JCrew, they got plenty of colors in stock.
erez
erez
erez
erez

My gf keeps telling me my suit and tie combination's are too "plain" and that I need to match more with my skin tone.

What's yall opinion on that? Are we supposed to match suits, ties, etc. to our skin tone?

(I never heard that before btw)

Originally Posted by EvansST

My gf keeps telling me my suit and tie combination's are too "plain" and that I need to match more with my skin tone.

What's yall opinion on that? Are we supposed to match suits, ties, etc. to our skin tone?

(I never heard that before btw)
shes cheating on u with niidawg

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by CheGTR

_MG_2655.jpg
what jacket is this?

All the clothing is by Life/after/Denim...i believe Urban may carry some of their items as well as Nordtroms.
The Jacket is the Life After Denim "M65 H-Bone Military Jacket" in Charcoal...also comes in a Wool Plaid (black).

YoUNg bR3aD:  The black cardigan is the Life After Denim "Air Force Cardigan" in Black, also comes in a grey (similar color to the jkt above)

I'm mad I didnt double up and get this cardigan too...didnt have enough $$$
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
...kinda. all together paid only about $112 (shipping included in that)
span><a%20target=
https://www.jackthreads.com/data/products/_MG_2635.jpg" alt="image">
I forget the name of this cardigan...but i love the pockets. if anyone knows of good cardis with those side-slit pockets. Hit me!
pimp.gif

All gotten off of JACKTHREADS.com! FREE signups! This was my first purchase there, definitely will be back...much more affordable indie labels than Gilt, if that matters.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

So what you guys planning on for valentines? MAN, I'm gonna pickup my fit this Friday and its gonna be ill. I'm gonna blow this girls mind away
pimp.gif

I'm at work (like always) so I can't post pics but I'm thinking about this shirt http://bananarepublic.gap...d=44870&vid=1&pid=719754

and these pants (I love charcoal) http://bananarepublic.gap...d=34724&vid=1&pid=664251
pimp.gif

Any suggestions on ties?

**EDIT**
Or this shirt http://bananarepublic.gap...id=664805&scid=664805002

Personally I like all the clothing you selected...but not together. They look like a business casual work outfit that way.
...Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the pink shirt. but the blue geo-check shirt is verrrry nice.
Anyway, solid pants would work better i feel. brown belt & shoes is a good look too for gray pants. the baby blue shirt would look good with browns and grey pants.
However depends on what you're trying to do. Fancy evening dinner, you may need a jacket...daytime.more relazed affair, the blue geo-check would b smooth
pimp.gif
I'm clearly just a fan of that blue shirt homie haha
pimp.gif

p.s: FOR the post i made earlier, like an hour after i purchased that life/after/denim gear...they took that vendor off/sale ended
ohwell.gif
, sorry guys. Plenty sizes were left too, surprisingly. only medium in the jkt was sold out.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I liked John Legends outfit, I'll post a picture when I can find one
27zaerq.jpg
I thought it was a regular v neck sweater
laugh.gif

Question:

Is that suit considered too small on him or just right? Reason I ask if because most of my suits are a 38, but i decided to try on a 36 the other day..and the sleeves and length fit great. the only thing of my concern was when i buttoned it, it caused the jacket to crease significantly (like the picture above). Is that a good look? Or does that just mean the jacket is too small?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think its too small its probably slim cut suit that's one size or half a size smaller than it should be on him.

Two more from the Grammys:

I like the color of your dads shoe but I am not particularly keen on the look.
Color-wise, i really see no reason why you can't wear it with a navy suit.
The suit you posted isn't really navy, it's not dark enough but even if your suit is darker, I think the burgundy leather will be a nice compliment.
Again, I just do not like the shoes overall other than the color.
Really? I thought the shoes were pretty timeless, but to each his own. Thanks for the advice, and I think I'm going to try them with a navy suit.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Need some tips

will be finishing school in a couple months and need some tips on what brand of suits i should be looking to get

i went to Holts and nothing off the rack could fit me (most of the brands were European)

my specs are
Chest is 46
waist is 36
biggest problem is my arms are 20
any suggestion

Originally Posted by AC4Three

I like the color of your dads shoe but I am not particularly keen on the look.
Color-wise, i really see no reason why you can't wear it with a navy suit.
The suit you posted isn't really navy, it's not dark enough but even if your suit is darker, I think the burgundy leather will be a nice compliment.
Again, I just do not like the shoes overall other than the color.
Really? I thought the shoes were pretty timeless, but to each his own. Thanks for the advice, and I think I'm going to try them with a navy suit.

I am not too fond of the top-stitch design, reminds me of Clarks Weavers design/style.
It is just not something I like in a dress shoe, espcially with a suit.

Need some tips

will be finishing school in a couple months and need some tips on what brand of suits i should be looking to get

i went to Holts and nothing off the rack could fit me (most of the brands were European)

my specs are
Chest is 46
waist is 36
biggest problem is my arms are 20
any suggestion

I think you will need more measurements like shoulders and torso.
Here's a guide from TaT on how to measure for a custom suit.
http://www.thickasthievesla.com/selfMeasure.html
I always suggest going with the best fitting suit by the shoulders because it'll be the hardest and most expensive to fix/alter.

I'll be graduating soon and I'm in need of a new suit or two.

standard two button or can I go up to 4 buttons?

I'd like to pick up a grey and a khaki coloured one for neutrality (both colours are acceptable during an interview right?)

Back
Top Bottom