Dressing better

I'd suggest you stay away from 4-button suits, get a two button.
Charcoal or Navy is the best colors for a first suit.
Khaki is nice but it is definitely not as versatile as charcoal or navy.
Both are acceptable in an interview but I think it depends on the job you are applying.
I would go for the charcoal or navy for the most part.

how about a dark brown?I'm settled for a grey-charcoal.

My field's highly competitive + applying for multinational companies and the government would automatically call for a suit interview. I think my current wardrobe can hold out on "typical" interviews but I'd like to prepare 1-2 suits for interviews just in case.

I never really find the need for a oversized bow tie so I never really looked but I did find one but it's in white @ Topman.
http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ategory_rn=134530&productId=1494739&langId=-1
If you are looking for a different color, maybe you can try the store in NY?

I think i've seen several celebrities wearing big bowties, OJ Mayo comes to mind for some reason.
I can see Dior or Marc Jacobs selling one but I am not really sure where else to look.
My other suggestion would be to look for vintage bowties, I could see oversized bowties being the style during the zoot suit days.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

how about a dark brown?I'm settled for a grey-charcoal.

My field's highly competitive + applying for multinational companies and the government would automatically call for a suit interview. I think my current wardrobe can hold out on "typical" interviews but I'd like to prepare 1-2 suits for interviews just in case.

I've seen some nice brown suits, but it just won't be as versatile as navy. I also love brown shoes with suits and I kind of find it difficult to wear brown shoes and belt with a brown suit. It could be pulled off but it will depend on your attitude and the of course the fit of the suit. I guess when it comes to brown suits, I would prefer it in heavier weight like herringbone but something like this is nice too.
brown-suit-blue-shirt.jpg

Brown windowpane is real nice, just check out some of Niidawgs windowpane suits, but I don't think it is a good idea to be one of your first 3-4 suits.
fw09_cl_m_1.jpg

^^For a lighter brown suit, like a khaki or sand color, you can definitely get away with a black belt and black shoes. I've done it before, thought it looked good, and got a number of compliments on the outfit.

Jonas Bros and the white guy who knocked up the little Kardashian are the best dressed people in mainstream media.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by EvansST

My gf keeps telling me my suit and tie combination's are too "plain" and that I need to match more with my skin tone.

What's yall opinion on that? Are we supposed to match suits, ties, etc. to our skin tone?

(I never heard that before btw)
shes cheating on u with niidawg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Airpenny1

I'm looking for some simple gingham shirts. Where can I get the best prices? Thanks in advance

check out BR - i stopped by today and they had ginghams in navy, brown, green and yellow.

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

never heard of this brand, but gave these two coats a shot.. can't go wrong with 9.99 wool coats!

http://www.tulle4us.com/t...s%20and%20coats/AM70015/
http://www.tulle4us.com/t...s%20and%20coats/AM70016/

How did you even find the men's stuff? looks suspect.

Designed for the young woman to facilitate an everyday fashionablewardrobe, Tulle delivers style that is hip, funky and feminine.
Weare committed to creating a young contemporary clothing line consistingof several fabrications, fun colors, quality production and innovativedesign detail.

Outerwear,sweaters, tops, pants, and skirts, Tulle offers sportswear thatenhances all multi-faceted, multi-tasking, playful, creative youngwomen.
Mix and match our imaginative pieces into any wardrobe and discover the pleasure of everyday fashion.
We have a great team, passionate and excited about the evolution of Tulle.
Come play with us and be sassy!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Those items are being sold at Jackthreads.com, their like Gilt.
I'm too lazy to check out what brands they have on sale at the moment.

Also, dude has style, if you disagree then he would have kicked your butt.

stars_44.jpg
where can i find similar sunglasses?

Back
Top Bottom