Dressing better

Originally Posted by starscream211

Originally Posted by quik1987

2jes1s9.jpg

nice, i actually wore that same outfit like 3 days ago!
is that a gshock?
sick.gif
if so, killed the whole fit.

^
laugh.gif
, i definitely felt the same way. The watch just absolutely does not work with what the outfit is trying to do/say. Them G-watches just look way too kiddy for my tastes. I'll take a leather analog over digi and metal any day...with every outfit. its the little things.

I'm curious to try one of these Nooka watches tho...i like the modern-contemporary appeal. Like an old Frank Lloyd Wright sketch, that completely fits today's scenery....no?

med.jpg

pimp.gif
 I'm loving all grey everything lately...

NachoBroadway wrote:
For real, thanks, 2 official stamps lol
funny they also had them in black 10D for $100
It's in Northern NJ, 10 mins from NYC, whenever in town let me know, store is meant for you, especially their suit collection & pants were incredible, all exquisite brands & fabrics, it all looked new, most expensive suit I saw was $200.
They only had maybe 11 pairs of shoes, standouts were the 2 polo wingtips, Canali driving mocs & these Gamos for $50, maybe worn once
0414306686170R_300x400.jpg

NACHOBRAODWAY...for real, are you purposely trying to NOT mention the name of this high-end consigment store?? Share the wealth my dude. Twice, you left its name out. Detail detail details! They wont get wiped out overnight, i promise
wink.gif

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

speaking of watches, I need this
bp-06.jpg

I'm taking my camera to the shop on Saturday, talk to the owner, see if I can do a nice profile of the shop after I drop my paycheck

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

bp-06.jpg

I'm taking my camera to the shop on Saturday, talk to the owner, see if I can do a nice profile of the shop after I drop my paycheck

pimp.gif
...to the watch. And your saturday plans. 
I like brown watches way too much.

Originally Posted by CheGTR

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by niidawg3

magikmike wrote:

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches?
nerd.gif

IMG_5699ps.jpg

i dont know who makes that exact one, but Polo carried a similar model couple years ago. i have one with brown patches instead of grey that i got from Polo. Ticket pocket, working cuffs and purple velvet underneath the color.

I see some popping up on the bay everynow and then ... you can create a search and check regularly to see if one pops up.   
My first thought when i saw that jacket was Thick As Thieves custom...looks very TAT, i think.
thickasthieves.com
Originally Posted by wj4

PS how
do you guys feel about blazers being a bit too short? I tried on a
blazer that looks cool, but the length doesn't entire cover my butt so
I'm kinda 50/50 on it.

I'd prefer that than the opposite. I have a suit, with perfect pants, the blazer fits nice, but just seems a tad too long. Covers damn near my whole butt. I could pull it off, my girl thought so, but to me I cant get over it...so yeah imo, it shouldnt cover ur ENTIRE butt. Then again, i have a big butt
embarassed.gif
(uhh, no H?)
laugh.gif
, i wanted to post a pic to get a 2nd opinion, but I'd feel too much like a female asking "how her butt looks in____"
grin.gif

Can suit tails be shortened by a tailor?? feel like id ask em, get a stoneface, then an expensive price for the work...

Yes, Thick as Thieves can make those for you. I was actually talking to Jason of TaT and was about to order a tweed jacket until I found the Burberry one that fit me almost perfectly. I still plan to order from him sometime this year, I'm thinking maybe a khaki suit for the spring/summer. My friend is getting married in June and depending where it will be held, I'd like to use it as an excuse to get a custom suit. 
happy.gif

As for the suit being shortened, it is definitely possible. As usual, I wouldn't get it shortened to the extreme, maybe an inch or two is max. I don't think it'll be too expensive either, it is jus tlike shortening the sleeves but in a bigger dimension. It's funny because at Nordstrom, I asked how much some of their tailoring were and they quoted me $15 to shorten the sleevs but only $12 to taper the torso on a blazer. I was surprised as my tailor usually charges $20-$25 for waist/torso suppression. Hemming the pants were $10 though so it is expensive but not out of the stretch since my tailor charges $7.

I actually prefer my blazer/sport coat not to cover my entire butt, maybe halfway or a 3rd being covered is ideal for me. Thom Brown started the short suit fad a few years ago but I think the look has stayed and adapted a bit on the current style. 

laugh.gif
I need almost exactly the same thing for the same reason...BUT i'm best man at the wedding and my brother wants linen suits (only he(the groom) wears a jacket, we're all in vests)
I want mine to be fitted though, because those tailors at suit-rental places suck and make stupid boxy *%% business Jos.A.Bank type suits
eyes.gif
Um, if you're in good with jason, could you PM me some info to get some TAT too?
grin.gif

And Agreed, I dont like the jacket covering my butt...at least half, but not more than a 3rd. And I'm tall (6'1, 185), but still, it just looks way better...dont like the "this was my dads suit" look/feel of a long blazer.

you guys do realize something very similar to this can be found at your local thrift store

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by doosta45

2jes1s9.jpg

is that a gshock?
sick.gif
I noticed that too. I'm not a fan of G-Shock watches in general, but with that outfit?
sick.gif
So if it wasn't a G-Shock, and any other random brand, it would be fine?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

2jes1s9.jpg

is that a gshock?
sick.gif
I noticed that too. I'm not a fan of G-Shock watches in general, but with that outfit?
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I'm pretty sure it's the type of watch thats the problem.

i.e. a g-shock = plastic digital watch.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

2jes1s9.jpg

is that a gshock?
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly. And G-Shocks happen to be a particularly offensive model of plastic, digital watches.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

2jes1s9.jpg

is that a gshock?
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly. And G-Shocks happen to be a particularly offensive model of plastic, digital watches.

sometimes i swear u guys are just like the

drunkoldchicks.png

I'm ashamed of myself for being 23 years old and not owning a suit...

Especially because I work in an office environment...

So I am planning on going out and purchasing one this weekend...

I have a new job opportunity coming up that I will be interviewing for probably sometime next week and I want to come correct...

My question for the dressing better experts is what color suit should I start out with??

Also I'm a slim dude so where would be some good places to find nice suits at a decent price???

bp-06.jpg

This.Watch.is.
eek.gif

100% sure its too expensive for my tastes but pricepoint?
embarassed.gif

Thats a nice watch.

Nacho - cant wait for the pics of the store ... lol

Rivalry Thursday ... Two HUGE African Derbies ... Gha vs Nigeria ... and Egypt vs Algeria ...

514's are nice I just hate the huge leg opening, almost creates a flare.

IMO you should try on 511 sized up, I normally wear a 33-34 and I tried on the 36 and they fit just like 514's but with a smaller leg opening.

Which looks better in my opinion

Hm...that's one think that mindly bothered me about my 514's...might have to try this...

Originally Posted by miamib30514

bp-06.jpg

This.Watch.is.
eek.gif

100% sure its too expensive for my tastes but pricepoint?
embarassed.gif

Watch is Burberry, probably around $350-$500 range.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by magikmike

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches? 
nerd.gif

i dont know who makes that exact one, but Polo carried a similar model couple years ago. i have one with brown patches instead of grey that i got from Polo. Ticket pocket, working cuffs and purple velvet underneath the color.

I see some popping up on the bay everynow and then ... you can create a search and check regularly to see if one pops up.   
My first thought when i saw that jacket was Thick As Thieves custom...looks very TAT, i think.
thickasthieves.com
Originally Posted by wj4

PS how do you guys feel about blazers being a bit too short? I tried on a blazer that looks cool, but the length doesn't entire cover my butt so I'm kinda 50/50 on it.

I'd prefer that than the opposite. I have a suit, with perfect pants, the blazer fits nice, but just seems a tad too long. Covers damn near my whole butt. I could pull it off, my girl thought so, but to me I cant get over it...so yeah imo, it shouldnt cover ur ENTIRE butt. Then again, i have a big butt 
embarassed.gif
 (uhh, no H?) 
laugh.gif
, i wanted to post a pic to get a 2nd opinion, but I'd feel too much like a female asking "how her butt looks in____"
grin.gif

Can suit tails be shortened by a tailor?? feel like id ask em, get a stoneface, then an expensive price for the work...

Yes, Thick as Thieves can make those for you. I was actually talking to Jason of TaT and was about to order a tweed jacket until I found the Burberry one that fit me almost perfectly. I still plan to order from him sometime this year, I'm thinking maybe a khaki suit for the spring/summer. My friend is getting married in June and depending where it will be held, I'd like to use it as an excuse to get a custom suit. 
happy.gif

As for the suit being shortened, it is definitely possible. As usual, I wouldn't get it shortened to the extreme, maybe an inch or two is max. I don't think it'll be too expensive either, it is jus tlike shortening the sleeves but in a bigger dimension. It's funny because at Nordstrom, I asked how much some of their tailoring were and they quoted me $15 to shorten the sleevs but only $12 to taper the torso on a blazer. I was surprised as my tailor usually charges $20-$25 for waist/torso suppression. Hemming the pants were $10 though so it is expensive but not out of the stretch since my tailor charges $7.

I actually prefer my blazer/sport coat not to cover my entire butt, maybe halfway or a 3rd being covered is ideal for me. Thom Brown started the short suit fad a few years ago but I think the look has stayed and adapted a bit on the current style. 

laugh.gif
 I need almost exactly the same thing for the same reason...BUT i'm best man at the wedding and my brother wants linen suits (only he(the groom) wears a jacket, we're all in vests)
I want mine to be fitted though, because those tailors at suit-rental places suck and make stupid boxy %!# business Jos.A.Bank type suits
eyes.gif

Um, if you're in good with jason, could you PM me some info to get some TAT too? 
grin.gif

And Agreed, I dont like the jacket covering my butt...at least half, but not more than a 3rd. And I'm tall (6'1, 185), but still, it just looks way better...dont like the "this was my dads suit" look/feel of a long blazer.

Last I heard from Jason is he was going to London for Christmas but I believe he is back now. Just e-mail him @ [email protected] and he will be able to help you out. He is very helpful to first time customers and will help you out with your measurements. My only suggestion is signing up at Styleforum.net because SF members get a discount, the price has gone up but I believe a whole suit is still $450-$475 depending on the material and options you choose. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

514s are the perfect fit for me

mine just started shrinking 
frown.gif
 they're starting to get to tight for my liking
Did you wash them? Either way, it'll stretch back out to the way it was after a wear or two.

Anyone here wear a trench coat ever? I saw a gorgeous beige one at H&M the other day. Not sure how much wear I'll get out of it, however...

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Anyone here wear a trench coat ever? I saw a gorgeous beige one at H&M the other day. Not sure how much wear I'll get out of it, however...

Living in SoCal pretty much prohibits me from wearing a trench coat, I wish I could wear on though. I think I saw the trench coat you are talking about.
I am tempted to buy one in case I go to NY or London in the future but I'm still not sure I could pull the trigger and have it sit in my closet for years.

GHANA IS THROUGH TO THE FINALS!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo getting drunk tonight ... lol.

Party hard brother i cant remeber the last time i saw Ghana in the finals

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I have a black H&M Trench coat that I wear a good amount...
It may be the same one you saw just in black...
I love it...
Fits great and for the price I paid it was well worth it...

Back
Top Bottom