Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Vancity74

orig.jpg

Who makes these? Or something similar...

Check out Trickers. They make a similar pair of boots. About 150 pounds.

I think that pic is from the Ted Baker sale from GILT today, don't qoute me on that though.
I wish they sold Trickers, Loake, Grenson, etc... readily at a store in SoCal or just U.S. in general.

ANd htose blue suede boat shoes with the red brick sole looks great. Damn, I might pull the trigger on those if I see them in the store.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Vancity74 wrote:

orig.jpg

Who makes these? Or something similar...

Check out Trickers. They make a similar pair of boots. About 150 pounds.

I think that pic is from the Ted Baker sale from GILT today, don't qoute me on that though.
I wish they sold Trickers, Loake, Grenson, etc... readily at a store in SoCal or just U.S. in general.

ANd htose blue suede boat shoes with the red brick sole looks great. Damn, I might pull the trigger on those if I see them in the store.

That pic is from the Gilt sale, but like usual Gilt uses a pic of a product they aren't selling...

Ahhh, I see. But as Niidawg suggested, trickers has a similar pair, the same with the brands I mentioned.
Browse around http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ and you'll see some nice boots, although the pics in that website does suck.

The closest you can probably get to a boot like that that are sold and made in the U.S. are Aldens.It's very pricey though.

today, pic is ehhhh... doesn't do the fit justice. I need to learn some better photography techniques lol.
243p0td.jpg

Drake wears a lot of Red Wings so it might be the Gentleman's Traveler.
It is hard to tell from the small pic and I can't see clearly if the soles are white because of the water he is stepping on.
If it has a white sole, it could also be some Red Wing Classic Lifestyle.

For a similar looking boots, check out Paul Smith Ricards, Alden AF89, Fiorentini & Baker Eternity, Fiorentini & Baker Bolan, Paul Smith Buster and Wings & Horn Daytona.

Thanks to RFX for the consistent recommendations on 514's. I tried them on for the first time today, and they fit PERFECTLY. I bought 2 pairs. I'm finally starting to discover my personal 'grown up' style. I'm not into khakis/chinos/slacks much, and I'm still a bit iffy on the dress shoes/boots, but I'll stay rocking the dark denim and low profile sneaks. Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by yancancook90

^ something about the pants irks me

Yea, they need to be more slimmer imo. 
Yo, when do those Jack Purcell boat shoes drop? Any specific release date to be on the look out?
nerd.gif

I think it's the angle of the pic, I'm a slim dude but these actually fit me pretty well and their the slimmest I can get - Banana Republic Vintage Khakis. It may have been the belt also, the loopholes are irregularly small, had to force my belt through. 

Originally Posted by Chennylou

Just started workin at Abercrombie & Fitch ppls...love the fit of their clothes...wat u guys think??

Don't mean to knock the hustle, but Abercrombie & Fitch was the steez about two years ago. Aside from that they have a very relaxed fit that is comfortable in the warmer months.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Just started workin at Abercrombie & Fitch ppls...love the fit of their clothes...wat u guys think??

Don't mean to knock the hustle, but Abercrombie & Fitch was the steez about two years ago. Aside from that they have a very relaxed fit that is comfortable in the warmer months.

Did you just say A&F has a relaxed fit (meaning loose)?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously? The jeans and the pants?

Relaxed doesn't necessarily mean loose either.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a skinny dude and all of the shirts fit me snug like I'm a young hulk hogan or sumthin lol...AnF is just a side job by the way need a new car lol

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by CheGTR

Originally Posted by magikmike

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches?
nerd.gif

IMG_5699ps.jpg

i dont know who makes that exact one, but Polo carried a similar model couple years ago. i have one with brown patches instead of grey that i got from Polo. Ticket pocket, working cuffs and purple velvet underneath the color.

I see some popping up on the bay everynow and then ... you can create a search and check regularly to see if one pops up.   
My first thought when i saw that jacket was Thick As Thieves custom...looks very TAT, i think.
thickasthieves.com
Originally Posted by wj4

PS howdo you guys feel about blazers being a bit too short? I tried on ablazer that looks cool, but the length doesn't entire cover my butt soI'm kinda 50/50 on it.

I'd prefer that than the opposite. I have a suit, with perfect pants, the blazer fits nice, but just seems a tad too long. Covers damn near my whole butt. I could pull it off, my girl thought so, but to me I cant get over it...so yeah imo, it shouldnt cover ur ENTIRE butt. Then again, i have a big butt
embarassed.gif
(uhh, no H?)
laugh.gif
, i wanted to post a pic to get a 2nd opinion, but I'd feel too much like a female asking "how her butt looks in____"
grin.gif

Can suit tails be shortened by a tailor?? feel like id ask em, get a stoneface, then an expensive price for the work...

Yes, Thick as Thieves can make those for you. I was actually talking to Jason of TaT and was about to order a tweed jacket until I found the Burberry one that fit me almost perfectly. I still plan to order from him sometime this year, I'm thinking maybe a khaki suit for the spring/summer. My friend is getting married in June and depending where it will be held, I'd like to use it as an excuse to get a custom suit. 
happy.gif

As for the suit being shortened, it is definitely possible. As usual, I wouldn't get it shortened to the extreme, maybe an inch or two is max. I don't think it'll be too expensive either, it is jus tlike shortening the sleeves but in a bigger dimension. It's funny because at Nordstrom, I asked how much some of their tailoring were and they quoted me $15 to shorten the sleevs but only $12 to taper the torso on a blazer. I was surprised as my tailor usually charges $20-$25 for waist/torso suppression. Hemming the pants were $10 though so it is expensive but not out of the stretch since my tailor charges $7.

I actually prefer my blazer/sport coat not to cover my entire butt, maybe halfway or a 3rd being covered is ideal for me. Thom Brown started the short suit fad a few years ago but I think the look has stayed and adapted a bit on the current style. 

laugh.gif
I need almost exactly the same thing for the same reason...BUT i'm best man at the wedding and my brother wants linen suits (only he(the groom) wears a jacket, we're all in vests)
I want mine to be fitted though, because those tailors at suit-rental places suck and make stupid boxy %!# business Jos.A.Bank type suits
eyes.gif
Um, if you're in good with jason, could you PM me some info to get some TAT too?
grin.gif

And Agreed, I dont like the jacket covering my butt...at least half, but not more than a 3rd. And I'm tall (6'1, 185), but still, it just looks way better...dont like the "this was my dads suit" look/feel of a long blazer.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Thanks to RFX for the consistent recommendations on 514's. I tried them on for the first time today, and they fit PERFECTLY. I bought 2 pairs. I'm finally starting to discover my personal 'grown up' style. I'm not into khakis/chinos/slacks much, and I'm still a bit iffy on the dress shoes/boots, but I'll stay rocking the dark denim and low profile sneaks. Thanks for all the tips, guys.
514's are nice I just hate the huge leg opening, almost creates a flare.

IMO you should try on 511 sized up, I normally wear a 33-34 and I tried on the 36 and they fit just like 514's but with a smaller leg opening.

Which looks better in my opinion

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a skinny dude and all of the shirts fit me snug like I'm a young hulk hogan or sumthin lol...AnF is just a side job by the way need a new car lol
Stack up pimpin'

Back
Top Bottom