Dressing better

Thanks for all the comments on the last fit gents.

Today was the opposite of yesterday - no meetings at all. Just sat in my office and typed all day:

Probably the last time i might be able to wear this this season - its so damn heavy:

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

niidawg3 - take a pic of your closet, where do you fit all these clothes, under the couch?

actually doing a little restructuring now - but will def put up a pic in a couple weeks. a lot of people have PM'd me about it on SF... lolz.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I need help fellas. I have to dress business casual at my job. I can only wear polos on Fridays.

For the most part I have the same template. SLacks + Dress shirt. Most of the time it is black slacks. I wear a tie if I feel like it. I just need a new template. I don't really feel like wearing a dress blazer. I don't know, I need to start from the ground up.

I see some of you wearing something that is like an Old Navy Fleece but it is a sweater. 1/4 zipper.

I don't know what I am really asking for put if I can get some ideas I would appreciate it

1. invest in more pants ... preferably gray, navy and tan/brown. these are staples that go with most colors.
2. invest in some quality shirts. not the Express-night-out-partying shirts ... whites, blues, blue stripes, white stripes with good collars
3. get all these items tailored to fit you VERY well.
4. i know you dont like blazers, but invest in a couple - a navy and a khaki/charcoal. they will mix and match well with your pants.
5. since winter is damn near over (at least where i am) i'd hesitate to tell you to invest in sweaters and cardigans. but both of those can elevate your outfits ... be it 1/4 zipper, v-neck or cardigans.

i think this would be a great start for a business casual wardrobe. also when buying these items ... dont just go all cotton, or all wool ... mix and match fabrics ... a little tweed, a litte wool, a little cotton, a little silk etc etc.

I need help fellas. I have to dress business casual at my job. I can only wear polos on Fridays.

For the most part I have the same template. SLacks + Dress shirt. Most of the time it is black slacks. I wear a tie if I feel like it. I just need a new template. I don't really feel like wearing a dress blazer. I don't know, I need to start from the ground up.

I see some of you wearing something that is like an Old Navy Fleece but it is a sweater. 1/4 zipper.

I don't know what I am really asking for put if I can get some ideas I would appreciate it
A half zip? Like this:

698728_fpx.tif

Damn, another nice 3-piece suit. Looks great, I must say, somewhat disappointed you went with plain black socks though.
laugh.gif

I could imagine your closet looking like Paul Varjaks. I'm not sure many will get that reference.

Yep, Dre that is what I am talking about. What is that called?

niidawg3; thanks man. What about the summer. For the most part, I just wear polos all summer long. I can't get down with the short sleeve dress shirts. Always looked dumb to me. We have a very lenient dress code in the summers.

Seems like you don't have much option so my suggestion is focus on something first and then go from them. I usually go with the shoes first, diversify and don't be afraid to wear some unusual colors. I would get a tan pair of shoes or light brown suede, it's a good place to start and stand out a bit. Try and match the belt but this isn't the most necessary, if your pants fit well, some times no belt is needed and less is more.
Then follow Niidawgs advice...    
Then focus on sweaters, there are different styles out there. You can fill up your closet with kints alone. Then con-incide that with a more playful tie. Nothing with cartoon figures like the Simpsons, not that kind of playful but more colorful. Niidawg makes a good example of nice colored ties, it can compliment the outfit well and sometimes, it's the small details that count.

niidawg3; thanks man. What about the summer. For the most part, I just wear polos all summer long. I can't get down with the short sleeve dress shirts. Always looked dumb to me. We have a very lenient dress code in the summers.

Can you wear shorts? Most jobs won't let you but you did say yours is pretty lenient. If so, check out some of the looks I posted above. The shorts with henley look is nice, it can be substitued for a polo too if you already have some you'd want to wear. Light colored pants is also an option, I wear a lot of khaki/chinos in the spring/summer.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, another nice 3-piece suit. Looks great, I must say, somewhat disappointed you went with plain black socks though.
laugh.gif

I could imagine your closet looking like Paul Varjaks. I'm not sure many will get that reference.

actually brown socks ... and yeah - i thought of breaking out the fancy socks ... but i've been on a conservative streak lately. definitely will re-visit the fancy socks as spring comes along ... matter of fact - i lied, this was my socks from dinner this weekend with the wife ... lol. i guess i've been more conservative at work:

Nice PS Socks and awesome loafers.
I want to say Paul Smith but I'm going to guess Edward Green?

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

First pic post in this thread, I've been building my wardrobe for about a year, year and half now and will try to add to the thread regularly.
From the past three days.

erilqf.jpg

zjfkhz.jpg

some nice looks there. i think you're headed in the right direction with the elements i see. keep evolving and filling in with staples ... and then investing in some nice add-ons and you'll be straight.

Can you wear shorts? Most jobs won't let you but you did say yours is pretty lenient. If so, check out some of the looks I posted above. The shorts with henley look is nice, it can be substitued for a polo too if you already have some you'd want to wear. Light colored pants is also an option, I wear a lot of khaki/chinos in the spring/summer.

Ehh, some things I have a bias against because they just look dumb to me. I am not THAT open minded honestly. Especially when it comes to bright colors. I don't believe in having my sleeves long and my pants short (shorts). Nah we can't wear shorts here. Just pants.

I don't know, I am just a basic type to be honest. And the thing is, I have so many clothes just sitting in my closet. It takes me a while before I wear anything for the first time. Don't know why.

damn RFX - you been creeping in my closet ... lol.

You nailed it ... Sox by PS ... loafs by EG for RL.

Chinos doesn't necessarily have to be colorful, I'm pretty sure you have a pair of khakis. You can go with a lighter brown, maybe mid color of dark brown and khaki. Or you can go slightly lighter than navy without going too colorful. Match it up with white shirt or with a white shirt a different variations of stripes and you'll be good to go. Different colors of polos, green, red, yellow, etc... Those are pretty basic I think.

You can pretty much browse through most of the online stores like J Crew, Rugby.com, Polo.com, etc.. and see a look you can relate to.

Man I have polos for DAYS. I am cool with polos. I just feel stupid wearing the same template.

Winter: Slacks + shirt
Summer: Pants + Polo

Also how do you dudes know what you have worn? Do you put what you wear today in the front/back of your closet rack so you can know when you wore it?

Found an incredible men's only high-end consignment shop round the way, a lot of Canali, Zegna, Loro Piana.
Going to pickup a Canali suit for $100 & a Oscar De La Renta blazer with elbow patches for $30 that hopefully are still there on Saturday,
today, these were what I could afford, Polo Wingtips for $75, Made in England
20100126-IMG_6239.jpg

20100126-IMG_6242.jpg
20100126-IMG_6245.jpg

20100126-IMG_6236.jpg

a nice polish needed, brand new

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Found an incredible men's only high-end consignment shop round the way, a lot of Canali, Zegna, Loro Piana.
Going to pickup a Canali suit for $100 & a Oscar De La Renta blazer with elbow patches for $30 that hopefully are still there on Saturday,
today, these were what I could afford, Polo Wingtips for $75, Made in England

20100126-IMG_6236.jpg

a nice polish needed, brand new
damn Nacho - thats a MAJOR score. those are Edward Greens for RL (like the loafers i had on above). Those typically go for 500 ... deep discount will be 400.

is this consignment shop in NY? lol. make me catch a flight and come fight you over $+%.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow, those are very nice pick ups for $75! Looks great except for the laces but that is easy to fix.

Man I have polos for DAYS. I am cool with polos. I just feel stupid wearing the same template.

Winter: Slacks + shirt
Summer: Pants + Polo

Also how do you dudes know what you have worn? Do you put what you wear today in the front/back of your closet rack so you can know when you wore it?
I just remember, I try not to wear the same thing in the same week, actually it is more like not wear the same thing every 2 weeks, except for pants/jeans in casual outings. I don't think it is difficult to keep up with it unless I get hammered over the weekend and I have no idea what the hell is going on come Monday morning.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

damn RFX - you been creeping in my closet ... lol. 

You nailed it ... Sox by PS ... loafs by EG for RL.
WOOT! Do I win anything? 
laugh.gif
happy.gif

For real, thanks, 2 official stamps lol
funny they also had them in black 10D for $100
It's in Northern NJ, 10 mins from NYC, whenever in town let me know, store is meant for you, especially their suit collection & pants were incredible, all exquisite brands & fabrics, it all looked new, most expensive suit I saw was $200.
They only had maybe 11 pairs of shoes, standouts were the 2 polo wingtips, Canali driving mocs & these Gamos for $50, maybe worn once
0414306686170R_300x400.jpg

Hey, I have a black and white Gingham, and have been wanting to wear it forever, but I can't figure out what type of pants or denim to wear with it.

Any help? This is just for casual wear, but I'd love to hear all the different ways I could wear it.

Thanks..

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

PIGG+MONCLER+BUBBLE+GOOSE+FULL+BODY.jpg

this dog>>>your fit
i don't know what's more stupid: your comment or the fact that some one would buy clothes for their pet & take a picture of it.

Back
Top Bottom