Dressing better

Hey guys can you give me some ideas for an outfit for valentine's day!! I'm trying to go for my grown men look this year!

My local Dillard's had an extra 30% off Final Sale items until 9 last night. I picked up 2 Ralph Lauren dress shirts for $28 each (an OK deal, I've seen cheaper, but 80% off is 80% off) and a fall jacket that's fleece-lined for $60. The total was around $120, which I considered pretty good for a $165 jacket and $170 worth of shirts.

Busting out with the 3-piece suit lately, it is 3-piece suit week? 
Very nice, 2 more days to go. 

And Jack Purcell brigning out the boat shoe for the spring/summer 2010.

converse-spring-2010-jack-purcell-5-540x296.jpg
converse-spring-2010-jack-purcell-8-540x272.jpg
converse-spring-2010-jack-purcell-7-540x288.jpg

I never heard of Ted Baker but these are some nice shoes on Gilt.

http://www.giltman.com/s/tbshoes

I ordered the Black Chelsea Boots. I'm tempted to pick up a pair of the leather stitched loafers but I want to first check out the quality and fitting of my boots when they arrive.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Opinions on these wingtips

http://www.auctiva.com/ho...ats=0,0,0,0&format=0

I am not a fan of longwings (the brogueing goes all the way to the back of the shoe) however, i know a lot of people who LOVE them, so i think its more a personal preference. They are a very servicable shoe ... but nothing spectacular. So my opinion will be based more on the price than anything else.

Thanks for the input, I'm still new to this so could you show me some wingtips where the brogueing doesn't go all the way to the back of the shoe

I'm planning to go to a wedding this March is there a certain color to wear for a winter wedding?  Its a toss up between a khaki, navy or grey let me know guys

Sample of wingtip without the brogue going around.
a1suqc.jpg

As for a winter wedding, a khaki suit might not be suited especially if the reception leads up to the evening.

I see khaki suit as more of a spring/summer color, I think you'd be better with a navy or charcoal suit.

For March though, depending where you are located, I think a khaki suit is acceptable, the way the weather have been going I wouldn't consider March a winter wedding.

Thanks a lot RFX, I can see the difference now about the wingtips. Also its going to be in NYC so I'll just get a navy or charcoal suit
laugh.gif

Good thing H & M just got a new stock of Suits too

Oh so your in NYC so your choices are unlimited.
Check out Uniqlo too, I think the new +J line is coming out with a few new items soon.

saw some bruno magli slip on loafers at marshalls for $129. tag says reg price is 250. can't verify, since i don't know the model. said lironep and m03051 on the box but googling those terms doesn't come up with anything.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Busting out with the 3-piece suit lately, it is 3-piece suit week? 
Very nice, 2 more days to go. 

And Jack Purcell brigning out the boat shoe for the spring/summer 2010.
yeah - the cold weather kinda got me going, and then i said why not. unfortunately it would end tomorrow, since Friday is jeans day at work ... i would look like a tool rolling in in a 3 piece. maybe i can find a 3 piece denim suit ...
roll.gif
roll.gif

the jack purcell's are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 i can see myself freaking out the orange/navy/green with a rugby polo.

You need yourself one of these for casual fridays!
Selvedge too! 
laugh.gif

3pc%20denim%20leisure%20suit.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

i'd be shopping my resume around early - if i show up to work like ol' dude.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

First pic post in this thread, I've been building my wardrobe for about a year, year and half now and will try to add to the thread regularly.
From the past three days.

erilqf.jpg

zjfkhz.jpg

some nice looks there. i think you're headed in the right direction with the elements i see. keep evolving and filling in with staples ... and then investing in some nice add-ons and you'll be straight. 

Thanks for the tips niidawg. I'm not ready for your level yet lol, still have three years of law school before I begin to rock the three piece suites on a consistent basis, amazing wardrobe you have btw...

Oh so your in NYC so your choices are unlimited.
Check out Uniqlo too, I think the new +J line is coming out with a few new items soon.
Actually I'm from Philly making a trip to NYC, I wish I was there so I could hit up uniqlo

Back
Top Bottom