Dressing better

Originally Posted by magikmike

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches?
nerd.gif

IMG_5699ps.jpg

i dont know who makes that exact one, but Polo carried a similar model couple years ago. i have one with brown patches instead of grey that i got from Polo. Ticket pocket, working cuffs and purple velvet underneath the color.

I see some popping up on the bay everynow and then ... you can create a search and check regularly to see if one pops up.   

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

im about to buy my first suit. im a student, so ill be using it for interviews and other career events mostly. I read that charcoal suits are best, as far as versatility goes.

I found a jcrew suit for a pretty decent price on sale. The only thing is, the color is "dark graphite". Is this basically the same as charcoal? They do have other suits whose colors are actually listed as "charcoal". Heres a picture of the "dark graphite" colored suit. Is this just the same as a charcoal suit in terms versatility?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...7241~15~~~~~~~/18614.jsp

Im also considering a banana republic suit. Is one better than the other in quality, for around the same price? What about the fit of BR suits vs jcrew? I have a pretty small frame, am around 5'9", 140-145 lbs, so bigger fits are definitely not good for me.
I'd go with the JCrew suits. They are fitted and you could always go to the tailor and have them take it in at the waist if needed. Not much difference in quality with BR, but I'd give the edge to JCrew. BTW, that link is for the top only... you have to also get the pants separately.
thanks for the advice. so is "dark graphite" pretty much the same as charcoal?

ya, ill probably go with jcrew. I've heard BR suits usually fit pretty boxy
is a "dark graphite" suit the same as a "charcoal" suit/will it be the same in terms of functionality? Im fixing to buy it today so i'd like to know for sure. thanks!

Levi's 511 british trouser's (the one RFX recommends) are on sale on urbanoutfitter's website for $39.99
if you go to a brick and mortar store they'll price match from the website. I bought a pair today, they look real clean.

any suggestions on a nice casual everyday shoe? I would like to start wearing something else besides sneakers.

Originally Posted by cbass625

any suggestions on a nice casual everyday shoe? I would like to start wearing something else besides sneakers.

Bucks are the best, most versatile pair of casual shoes you'll ever own.
Or you can just get the Clarks Desert Boots. 

How do you all feel about wearing J's/Nikes with these outfits? im very very picky and have YET to see a pair of kicks in this thread i like.... But i like a ton of the outfits, i have no "dressing better" type shoes to wear with the outfits..

Most Jordans and Nikes are real bulky and doesn't really work well with more fitting clothes but there are some Nikes/Jordans that work.
AJI's work pretty well as it isn't bulky and somewhat low-profile. The same goes for Dunks, just pick the ones without the over the top colors.
The new Nike CLassic Hi's are pretty nice and would work well with fitted clothes.
nike-sportswear-sweet-classic-high-1.jpg
nike-sportswear-sweet-classic-high-2.jpg

nike-sportswear-sweet-classic-high-3.jpg

I know it's from Gucci so it is very expensive but it is one of the collection from fashion week that is actually normal.
00100m.jpg
00090m.jpg
00160m.jpg

00200m.jpg
00130m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00020m.jpg
00320m.jpg
00300m.jpg

Paul Smith

00090m.jpg
00130m.jpg
00270m.jpg

00250m.jpg
00450m.jpg
00290m.jpg

Originally Posted by magikmike

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches?
nerd.gif

IMG_5699ps.jpg
Thats a fly little jacket right there...

REALLY busy day ... Meetings out the ying yang ... all across the city (opportunity for some "in the wild" shots):

And then grabbed some sushi after work:

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Where in the city did you stop?

It looks like this place off of Ponce de Leon...

What do you do btw, NiDawg?
thats centennial park isnt it?

or are u talking about the sushi place?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

roll.gif
roll.gif
I meant which Sushi spot was that...and what does NiDawg do for a living...

my sentence structure fails me...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

roll.gif
roll.gif
I meant which Sushi spot was that...and what does NiDawg do for a living...

my sentence structure fails me...
laugh.gif
ahh ok
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes - thats Centennial Park ... right opposite my office. I work for Uncle Ted. 

And the sushi place is called Zuma in Virginia Highlands.

PS how do you guys feel about blazers being a bit too short? I tried on a blazer that looks cool, but the length doesn't entire cover my butt so I'm kinda 50/50 on it.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes - thats Centennial Park ... right opposite my office. I work for Uncle Ted. 

And the sushi place is called Zuma in Virginia Highlands.

I might check that out then...

me and my friends visit this bar called The Cavern quite often...

Originally Posted by wj4

PS how do you guys feel about blazers being a bit too short? I tried on a blazer that looks cool, but the length doesn't entire cover my butt so I'm kinda 50/50 on it.
depends on your height. I'm short (5 '8 ) so when I have clothes covering most of my back pocket area I feel like I look even shorter, so I usually get jackets that are smaller.

Back
Top Bottom