Dressing better

Yes, the hoody is Paul Smith.
Also @ JCrew.com...

sale_main_alternate_v1_m56577569830561173.gif

Can anyone of you suggest a nice messenger bag?

I just saw 500 days of summer and I think I want to invest in one..

Originally Posted by prokid404

I got one from J.Crew last summer and it's still holding up pretty well.  This is the bag I use when I put a load of crap inside and I toss it around recklessly as well. 

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

GQMilan14.jpg

whooooooooooo

I love this right here
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
I am going to do that same fit. I haven't worn my jacket a lot.

what kind of pants and shoes do u wear with this?
I'm sure that man has the matching tweed pants and probably wore it with loafers or something of that nature.

However, the fit is pretty versatile...you can go with chinos or jeans.  I can even see it with jeans or chinos rolled up with Chucks or boat shoes (sockless of course).

Originally Posted by prokid404

I got a brown leather fossil one from TJMAX for 49 bucks. Its been great!

Crappy blackberry pic but eh...
Work today
Van Heusen shirt
Express Cardigan, Rocco Raw Denim (slim fit, low rise)
Black Skinny Tie
Black/White Janoskis
rtki2w.jpg

heads up my local cole haan outlet here in vegas had saddles in 2 different colors for around 48 bucks! 195 with 75% off! unfortunately didnt have the color i wanted in 9.5

im about to buy my first suit. im a student, so ill be using it for interviews and other career events mostly. I read that charcoal suits are best, as far as versatility goes.

I found a jcrew suit for a pretty decent price on sale. The only thing is, the color is "dark graphite". Is this basically the same as charcoal? They do have other suits whose colors are actually listed as "charcoal". Heres a picture of the "dark graphite" colored suit. Is this just the same as a charcoal suit in terms versatility?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...7241~15~~~~~~~/18614.jsp

Im also considering a banana republic suit. Is one better than the other in quality, for around the same price? What about the fit of BR suits vs jcrew? I have a pretty small frame, am around 5'9", 140-145 lbs, so bigger fits are definitely not good for me.

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

im about to buy my first suit. im a student, so ill be using it for interviews and other career events mostly. I read that charcoal suits are best, as far as versatility goes.

I found a jcrew suit for a pretty decent price on sale. The only thing is, the color is "dark graphite". Is this basically the same as charcoal? They do have other suits whose colors are actually listed as "charcoal". Heres a picture of the "dark graphite" colored suit. Is this just the same as a charcoal suit in terms versatility?

Im also considering a banana republic suit. Is one better than the other in quality, for around the same price? What about the fit of BR suits vs jcrew? I have a pretty small frame, am around 5'9", 140-145 lbs, so bigger fits are definitely not good for me.
I'd go with the JCrew suits. They are fitted and you could always go to the tailor and have them take it in at the waist if needed. Not much difference in quality with BR, but I'd give the edge to JCrew. BTW, that link is for the top only... you have to also get the pants separately.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

I'd go with the JCrew suits. They are fitted and you could always go to the tailor and have them take it in at the waist if needed. Not much difference in quality with BR, but I'd give the edge to JCrew. BTW, that link is for the top only... you have to also get the pants separately.
thanks for the advice. so is "dark graphite" pretty much the same as charcoal?

ya, ill probably go with jcrew. I've heard BR suits usually fit pretty boxy

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches?
nerd.gif

IMG_5699ps.jpg

anyone here have experience ironing wool coats? i bought this wool top coat and blazer online. Having been shipped in a box, they came in all wrinkled out and folded...

Originally Posted by wj4

I'm going to toy around with a new look this summer. I still have a few New Era fitteds left from my earlier days. I'm going to bend the brim andwear them 'normally' to go with my Marc Jacob t shirts, shorts that sit at the knee caps, and boat shoes or sandals.
laugh.gif

You'd be surprised how well a bent brim (not ALL the way bent) fitted looks nice with a peacoat/sweaters/layers. And for spring/summer outfits as well.

Simple NY fitted would do.

Originally Posted by magikmike

would LOVE to get some info on this blazer.  if not this one, any ideas where to get this style with the elbow patches?
nerd.gif

IMG_5699ps.jpg
yeah this jacket is tough

Back
Top Bottom