Dressing better

I want to buy these shoes but I'm having trouble with the sizing I wear a size 11 but these whole "11 medium" thing is throwing me off

http://www.barneys.com/Sa...00451752,default,pd.html

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

I'm ashamed of myself for being 23 years old and not owning a suit...

Especially because I work in an office environment...

So I am planning on going out and purchasing one this weekend...

I have a new job opportunity coming up that I will be interviewing for probably sometime next week and I want to come correct...

My question for the dressing better experts is what color suit should I start out with??

Also I'm a slim dude so where would be some good places to find nice suits at a decent price???

First suit should always be navy or charcoal.
For slim fits off the rack and affordable, H&M and ZARA are good choices for $100-$300 price point.
Thick as Thieves for custom made is priced well in $450-$500 price point.
Z for Zegna on sale is good at $500-$800 price point.

Those are a few that fits slim. Check out NM Last Call, Nordstrom Rack or Saks off 5th and you might find some Hickey or Ben Sherman suits that fits well for around $300-$500.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

I'm ashamed of myself for being 23 years old and not owning a suit...

Especially because I work in an office environment...

So I am planning on going out and purchasing one this weekend...

I have a new job opportunity coming up that I will be interviewing for probably sometime next week and I want to come correct...

My question for the dressing better experts is what color suit should I start out with??

Also I'm a slim dude so where would be some good places to find nice suits at a decent price???
Make sure you get properly measured so that you know what size to buy. Even then, you'll probably need a little work done by a tailor to make it look great. No suit right off the rack is going to fit perfectly, at least IMO. Stick with a two button coat, it's timeless. One button is trendy right now, three is acceptable, but stay away from 4+.

Check out Express.com for suits. I own two suits and they're not necessarily slim-fitting, but they are pretty fitted. Jackets run $198-228 and pants are $98 so you'll be spending $300-330ish. There's tons of coupons for them on retailmenot.com, just look for them on the internet.

Thanks for the Advice RFX & KG...

I was thinking of going with a charcoal colored suit...

I will check those spots out this weekend...

This is the first time posting my fit. Here's what I wore today.

Levi's Shawl Sweatshirt
J. Crew Plaid Button Down
Gap Brown Reversible Belt
Levi's 511's
Clark's Desert Boots (beeswax for search reference)

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by niidawg3

GHANA IS THROUGH TO THE FINALS!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo getting drunk tonight ... lol.

Party hard brother i cant remeber the last time i saw Ghana in the finals

Ghana 4 titles Nigeria 2
Ghana v Nigeria: 25 wins, 16 losses, 12 draws

men lie, women lie ... numbers dont

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

speaking of watches, I need this
bp-06.jpg

I'm taking my camera to the shop on Saturday, talk to the owner, see if I can do a nice profile of the shop after I drop my paycheck
This.Watch.is.
eek.gif

100% sure its too expensive for my tastes but pricepoint?
embarassed.gif
Anyone know the name/style? I know it's Burberry thanks to RFX45

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

speaking of watches, I need this
bp-06.jpg

I'm taking my camera to the shop on Saturday, talk to the owner, see if I can do a nice profile of the shop after I drop my paycheck
This.Watch.is.
eek.gif

100% sure its too expensive for my tastes but pricepoint?
embarassed.gif
Anyone know the name/style? I know it's Burberry thanks to RFX45

The pics looks like it is from the recent fashion show so chances are it is not out yet but it does look like this watch with a different dial. The case, bezel, crown and hands are pretty similar.
This one is $595 with the leather band, my guess is the one int he pic above will be cheaper with the nato band and a less complicated dial. 

_5899222.jpg

I was looking through my Dad's old shoes the other day and stumbled upon these:

10r46eg.jpg

Just wondering what you guys thought about them. Luckily I wear the same size shoe as my Dad, so they happen to fit perfectly. They're made by E.T. Wright (made in the USA). Could I wear them with navy pants, or are they too light? Specifically, I'd like to wear them with a navy suit I just bought, in order to achieve this look:

brown-shoes-blue-suit-60508-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Well, it could be a problem if your feet are too narrow. I'd suggest measuring your feet on a brannock device just to see how narrow they are. A medium width will probably be fine, but I can't say for sure...

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Originally Posted by stepinitup

I want to buy these shoes but I'm having trouble with the sizing I wear a size 11 but these whole "11 medium" thing is throwing me off

http://www.barneys.com/Sa...00451752,default,pd.html

nerd.gif

Anybody?
I have pretty narrow feet and my desert boots are medium widths and they fit me fine. I think medium width in pretty much the standard for most shoes.

Alright thank you sir

I think I'm going to order them. Hopefully, they fit if not ill just double up on the socks.

[h1]I was watch Breakfast at Tiffanys over the weekend and I noticed that the norm in those days, even on casual occassions, are suits. Men wore suits on a daily basis, I wish that tradition holds true today...[/h1]
And with that said, Details presents:
[h1]
[/h1][h1]SHARP SUITS[/h1][h2]WHILE THE TIMES MAY CHANGE, THE APPEAL OF A WELL-TAILORED SUIT NEVER DOES. WE'VE SELECTED OUR FAVORITE LOOKS FROM THE COFFEE-TABLE TOME http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-Suits-Eric-Musgrave/dp/1862058520/www.amazon.com/Sharp-Suits-Eric-Musgrave/dp/1862058520_1";return">http://www.amazon.com/Sha...862058520_1";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true" style="text-decoration: none; ">SHARP SUITS, WHICH TRACKS THE HISTORY OF THE GARMENT OVER THE PAST 100 YEARS, AND ASKED THE AUTHOR, FASHION EXPERT ERIC MUSGRAVE, TO PROVIDE EXCLUSIVE COMMENTARY ON THE STORIES BEHIND THE STYLES.[/h2]
1940S SUIT

On either side of the Atlantic, under the wartime clothing restrictions, the turn-ups or cuffs would not have been allowed. Nor would the flaps on the pockets. Still, it's a superb example of how good a Donegal tweed can look.

1940sSuit_SSV.jpg

DEAN MARTIN AND FRANK SINATRA

Dino and Frankie arrive at Heathrow London in 1961. Wherever they are heading, it looks like fun. . .

DeanMartin_SSV.jpg

PATRICK MACNEE

Oddly enough, it's very hard to find good color pictures from the sixties cult series The Avengers, but I can tell you that this suit was a mole-brown color. Sharp-eyed readers will have noticed the lack of a breast pocket on this suit jacket.

PatrickMacnee_SSV.jpg

SEAN CONNERY

Let's hear it for Anthony Sinclair, the London tailor who created the Bond look in the early days. Sinclair was the tailor of Terence Young, who directed the first, second, and fourth James Bond movies (Dr. No, From Russia With Love, and Thunderball). Young decided that Sean Connery needed a bit of help to look cool.

SeanConnery_SSV.jpg

1964 HART SCHAFFNER MARX SUIT

A classic image from 1964, courtesy of Chicago-based Hart Schaffner Marx. It's a simple three-button affair, but who wouldn't want to look as good as this?

1964HartSchaffner_SSV.jpg

AQUASCUTUM SUIT

By 1964, considerable efforts were being made to promote menswear to, er, men. This fine photo for Aquascutum was shot in Cambridge, England.

Aquascutum_SSV.jpg

THREE-PIECE CHECKED SUITS

Hector Powe was one of the smaller British "multiple tailors"—retailers with a national chain of shops—but it still offered stylish 3-piece suits in 1964.

ThreePieceChecked_SSV.jpg

DON FIGUEROA

This Spanish aristocrat, Don Jaime de Mesia Figueroa, was photographed in about 1967 by Patrick, Lord Lichfield, a cousin of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. It takes some style to carry off this eight-button double-breasted suit.

Figueroa_SSV.jpg

TWO-BUTTON SUIT

We have the American brand Cricketeer to thank for this fine image from 1970. Nice juxtaposition of formal suit and relaxed rollneck sweater. . . It's 40 years old yet looks totally now!

TwoButton_SSV.jpg

BOLD CHECKED SUIT

Frustratingly, we know very little of this French confection from 1970, but I like the way that the buttons on the guy's sweater are about the same size as the squares at the centre of the check. It's a Woolmark image, so we must presume this fabulous fabric is wool.

BoldChecked_SSV.jpg

CHAUVET SUIT

A museum piece from 1970—a jacquard weave from a French entity called Chauvet (a fabric producer or a clothing manufacturer—does anyone know?). What a brilliant suit!

Chauvet_SSV.jpg

CARLO PALAZZI SUITS

Cooler, cooler, coolest! How long did it take to get the stripes on the right-hand suit to line up? These are suits from Italian designer Carlo Palazzi in 1975.

CarloPalazzi_SSV.jpg

PAUL WELLER

Paul Weller has been a men's style icon for 30-plus years. Here's the angry young man in the Jam way back in 1978, in a black suit that is a classic.

PaulWeller_SSV.jpg

Great post RFX. I wearing a suit on the daily, love it at times, hate it at others.  Come the summer I would much rather rock a white tee, my APCs and some neon green air max 95s or a polo and some Jordan IIIs. If I had long money though, I would kill it in Tom Ford all day errriday.

tom-ford-fw-09-fall-2009-lookbook-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom