Dressing better

Even if I had the money ain't no way in hell im rocking a suit everyday (unless required by my job)

Same goes for jordans, nikes, and this streetwear stuff. I need variety and comfort, and suits usually don't fit the latter.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by niidawg3

GHANA IS THROUGH TO THE FINALS!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo getting drunk tonight ... lol.

Party hard brother i cant remeber the last time i saw Ghana in the finals

Ghana 4 titles Nigeria 2
Ghana v Nigeria: 25 wins, 16 losses, 12 draws

men lie, women lie ... numbers dont

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

514's are nice I just hate the huge leg opening, almost creates a flare.

IMO you should try on 511 sized up, I normally wear a 33-34 and I tried on the 36 and they fit just like 514's but with a smaller leg opening.

Which looks better in my opinion

Hm...that's one think that mindly bothered me about my 514's...might have to try this...
I bought my first pair of 511's last week, one size up, and I was thoroughly satisfied.  I will not being going to 514's now because of the aforementioned problems with the leg openings.  

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Great post RFX. I wearing a suit on the daily, love it at times, hate it at others.  Come the summer I would much rather rock a white tee, my APCs and some neon green air max 95s or a polo and some Jordan IIIs. If I had long money though, I would kill it in Tom Ford all day errriday.

tom-ford-fw-09-fall-2009-lookbook-4.jpg
Damn those suits are nice. I just pick up a Thierry Mugler suit and it fits great. How much do Tom Ford suits run?

I've been wearing 514's but I wish they were tapered rather than straight leg. I can't wear certain shoes because of the leg opening.

I'm going to try on a pair of 511's and size up to see if it fits the way I like.

I really like how the Levi's 520 slouch skinny jeans fit because they fit like the 514's but with a tapered leg opening. Too bad they got discontinued.

I only really wear 511's now as well but on certain occasions, especially when wearing boots, the 511 looks too weird and slim so I have to wear 514's.
For a more relaxed look, the 514's still work, I just cuff them a bit to break the look and it won't look too straight leg.
I also get it 2 inches longer than my inseam so that there is some stacking, which enhances the look of jeans for the most part.
Of course, everything in moderation.

pimp.gif
 double monks niidawg.  unfortunately i have single monks, usually wear them unstrapped & sockless
1iepzb.jpg

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Will a tailor be able to make a 40 suit into a 38 suit?
is it possible?  yes.  worth it?  no.  you're massively reconstructing the jacket's frame.  the tailor will have to adjust the back seam (costly), waist, shoulders and possibly the fused and/or floating panels of the chest.  don't forget, the sleeves can only be taken in so much as to match the original arm hole.  you're better off buying a suit that fits and slightly altering it from there.  unless it's a Caraceni or quality bespoke suit, i wouldn't even bother taking it down 2 sizes.  shoulder pads are the least of your concerns.  those can be easily removed or replaced.

so everyone understands that posing your pics online gives unwritten consent for that image to be copied & posted elsewhere on the internet, right?

Ok, with that out the way, I was browsing the SF WDYWT thread, and came across this outfit that I want to just straight jack from head to toe, maybe a different scarf.

bgtt0m.jpg

Jeans are Acne Max & the jacket is Zara (I believe). Pants might be too tight for some here & even over there, but I love the fit. Hopefully they will fit me the same. I need to find these in NYC.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Will a tailor be able to make a 40 suit into a 38 suit?
is it possible?  yes.  worth it?  no.  you're massively reconstructing the jacket's frame.  the tailor will have to adjust the back seam (costly), waist, shoulders and possibly the fused and/or floating panels of the chest.  don't forget, the sleeves can only be taken in so much as to match the original arm hole.  you're better off buying a suit that fits and slightly altering it from there.  unless it's a Caraceni or quality bespoke suit, i wouldn't even bother taking it down 2 sizes.  shoulder pads are the least of your concerns.  those can be easily removed or replaced.
couldnt have said it better.

I've gotten really good tips and advice here.
pimp.gif

We should set up a list of Websites that have good deals and specials. I will post some tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom