Dressing better

The suits this guy wears on White Collar are
pimp.gif

Was it a prerequisite to have a massive manly jawline to be a part of that runway show? geez.

Off topic, does anyone else think it is easy to get into modeling. I mean, they look for all kinds of looks, right?

^^^^^ They look for that jawline, or other dramatic features in your face. Hence why a lot of models aren't really that good looking.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Off topic, does anyone else think it is easy to get into modeling. I mean, they look for all kinds of looks, right?
You have to have nice skin, be between 5'11-6'2, and in shape and you should have a shot.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

You have to have nice skin, be between 5'11-6'2, and in shape and you should have a shot.
I got the height & I'm very critical of my skin, meaning I think it needs work, but others tell me they like it. I'm thin unlike themodels pictured above. I would probably pass on other runways in the wight department.

*thoughts-a-brewing*

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I got the height & I'm very critical of my skin, meaning I think it needs work, but others tell me they like it. I'm thin unlike the models pictured above. I would probably pass on other runways in the wight department.

*thoughts-a-brewing*

Trust me bro. Them models are thin. These cameras ALWAYS stretch them TRUST. If they are 6 foot then they are 170 soaking wet no romo
nerd.gif

Although most of those models are skinny, they also tend to be ripped, having body fat of 5% or higher and you probably won't qualify.
I actually think most of them look thinner than they really are.

Back to fits, damn rain got me dressing all bummed out.
Simple hoody and jeans.

Also, I finally got my BB Finally extra slim fit shirts (2 out of 3 shirts) and the fit isn't as bad as I expected.
In size 14.5/32, the collar and sleeve length practically perfect. The fit isn't bad at all, P2P is 19" and tapers to 18" in the torso. If thetorso tapered to 17"-17.5", it would have been better. The chest isn't bad at 19" because the really high arm hole somewhat pulls it a bitfor a tighter look but slightly bunches up in the back, not necessarily bad I guess, gives room for a mroe comfortable movement. The arm holes are extremelyhigh though. The length is fine, perfect for tucking in.

Overall, it's not bad for the price I paid (around $35-$45 each) and if I really need to make it fit better, I'd probably just have it darted for abetter fit in the torso.
bb_110.jpg

bb_210.jpg

RFx, i like the fit on ur shirt man..i look at ur fit pics to get a better idea on how to fit my clothes..especially shirts (dress, sport)

it looks like ur shirt fits perfectly..not too tight..enough room for movement. bc i dont think button ups look good when they are fitted like muscleshirts..imo..

Thanks, although I like my shirts a tad more fitted than that, I do not really wear them skin tight.

Also, someone was looking for some saddle shoes with a red brick sole for less than $300?
Barneys Coop has these for $170.
http://www.barneys.com/Saddle Shoe/500451727,default,pd.html

Navy and grey looks nice and I am not sure you can find one for a better price than that unless you wait til it goes on sale.

Yo I need to step my belt game up, anyone have any suggestions for some nice belts at reasonable prices? Reasonable to me is about 30 bucks tops. I always seebelts I like but can't justify dropped $50 plus bucks.

Leather goods isn't really something I would go cheap with to be honest. FOr around $70, you can get a great leather belt from Tanner goods that could lasta lifetime and would just look better in time. For around $30, you are better off going to TJ Maxx or Marshalla nd get a Polo or Timberland belt, for $30 youcan actually get two since most of thsoe belts are $12-$15 each. I mean there is nothing wrong with them, I used to buy from there too but most of the time,they rip apart by the buckle in less than a year (or the leather starts to peel after a year) of wear.

Speaking of belts, I actually bought these from Brooks Brothers along with the shirts, it was on sale for $65-$70 each.
I am not sure if I want to keep it though, quality looks good and the overall look is nice but they mislead me.
BB described it as 1.5" but it only about 1.1" (yes it is a big difference when it comes to belts) so it looks dressier because it is thinner yet itlooks casual with the contrast stitching.
The tan color ones matches my Indy so I'm tempted to keep it... decisions... decisions...
bb10.jpg

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Thinking about getting my first full suit from Banana Republic with some of my tax return money. What do you guys think about this
nerd.gif
http://bananarepublic.gap...id=5376&oid=OUT17007

Is that pretty steep for a suit? And are there otjer places were I could get something similar that is a little cheaper and still ahs great quailty? Thanks
I'd also like to hear NT's opinion of Banana Republic suits. I bought one just recently because it was on a very good sale, but Ihaven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or not. The fit of the pants is excellent, and the jacket is pretty good as well (but will obviously needto be tailored).

Of course, Banana Republic suits are relatively cheap in an absolute sense. At the same time, they are fairly expensive when you consider their directcompetition.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Thinking about getting my first full suit from Banana Republic with some of my tax return money. What do you guys think about this
nerd.gif

Is that pretty steep for a suit? And are there otjer places were I could get something similar that is a little cheaper and still ahs great quailty? Thanks
I'd also like to hear NT's opinion of Banana Republic suits. I bought one just recently because it was on a very good sale, but I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or not. The fit of the pants is excellent, and the jacket is pretty good as well (but will obviously need to be tailored).

Of course, Banana Republic suits are relatively cheap in an absolute sense. At the same time, they are fairly expensive when you consider their direct competition.

I dont think any man could make a wrong decision in BR, however with their suits i would never drop regular price in BR on a suit....Their suits go for halfthe price online if you are patient. Dont be scared to look in department stores you will find some steals in there. Material and a good tailor is the key to agreat fitting suit.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Michael Blastian dropping that heat for Spring 2010

7.jpg
13.jpg

the best looks IMO - going to rip them off this spring, since i have all the elements.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Although most of those models are skinny, they also tend to be ripped, having body fat of 5% or higher and you probably won't qualify.

Simple hoody and jeans.

My dude, where's that hoody from?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by AC4Three

nerd.gif

I'd also like to hear NT's opinion of Banana Republic suits. I bought one just recently because it was on a very good sale, but I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or not. The fit of the pants is excellent, and the jacket is pretty good as well (but will obviously need to be tailored).

Of course, Banana Republic suits are relatively cheap in an absolute sense. At the same time, they are fairly expensive when you consider their direct competition.

I dont think any man could make a wrong decision in BR, however with their suits i would never drop regular price in BR on a suit....Their suits go for half the price online if you are patient. Dont be scared to look in department stores you will find some steals in there. Material and a good tailor is the key to a great fitting suit.

thats a bop.
go to nordstrom rack and ask them where the nqc suits at. sometimes youll find canali/armani/hickey etc suits for that price, or cheaper.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by RFX45

Simple hoody and jeans.

My dude, where's that hoody from?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom