Dressing better

Originally Posted by KenJi714

sick.gif
shave your arm dude
sick.gif
shave your vag dude

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Link for those shoes at the top of the page?
!

I just got back from a mini vacation and spent every day in my then new Sperrys. Very nice, casual, and versatile shoes.

for those who shop at macy's...
i went there today and picked up some Vintage Red shirts..they fit pretty slim and are tapered nicely to fit ur body..especially for slim athletic frame..
they were reduced to 19.99 from 70
seem like decent good quality..much slimmer then RL or Gap, dkny, etc..

edit:
i just checked the website..they have some up on the macys.com but they have weird designs on em..some are legit tho..priced at 14.99-25.99..they are def morecasual tho..

I'm looking for a new jacket and these staple designs jackets are so nice...

b3ml8o.jpg

1yaa02.jpg

Problem is they are from last season...anyone know if these are still available??

any body familiar with Jean/pant alterations?!?!
i kinda got a situation on my hand...

i have two pairs of jeans i bought that were too long and i needed them to be hemmed..i tried doing it myself but i accidentally took off too much..i stillhave the bottoms that i cut off..
can a tailor fix this?
can he re-attatch the og hem and make it look ok? plz help

and yes i knw i should have let a pro do it..but i was curious lol

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

how is the fit on those sperrys?
Size down .5-1 full size from your Nike. Depending on if you want to wear socks with them or not, and if so what kind of socks, ie regularwhite/black socks or thinner casual/dress socks.

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

i have two pairs of jeans i bought that were too long and i needed them to be hemmed..i tried doing it myself but i accidentally took off too much..i still have the bottoms that i cut off..
can a tailor fix this?

Hahaha...

I admire your sense of adventure, but I don't think a tailor will be able to fix it...

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

i have two pairs of jeans i bought that were too long and i needed them to be hemmed..i tried doing it myself but i accidentally took off too much..i still have the bottoms that i cut off..
can a tailor fix this?

If you have a little more than enough to get to your inseam (eg, if you have 31, and your inseam is 30), the tailor can attach the clothe back or use anotherclothe beneath the hem, which will be invisible to outsiders. If length left is now less than you inseam (29, with a 30 inseam eg) then i doubt. Wont hurt tostop by a tailor to see.

Originally Posted by RFX45

It is all about how the clothes fit, i cannot stress that enough.

Anyways, you need to start with some khaki's or chino's, nothing baggy and no boot cut.
Darker chino's are versatile as well.
Real dark jeans, with a tapered bottom works too.

You need some non-bulky casual shoe, ie: Jack Purcell's or Stan Smith's. I particularly like how versatile Clarks Desert boot are.
Shoes_iA44981.jpg

Get some brown shoes, enough said.

Invest in a quality white dress shirt and blue oxford. Trust me, it will get a lot of wear and just plain awesome.
Striped sportshirts couldn't hurt either. Do not forget to tuck it in when appropriate.

Some V-Neck sweaters or a cardigan, take a pick.

A navy sportcoat is optional. Pea coats are a good option for cold weathers too.

A nice belt to match the shoes wouldn't hurt either, although at times, a beltless chino could look real good.

Don't forget the nice socks.
a9xa-800e-f08-s-16996.jpg
a9xa-800e-f18-e-16913.jpg
a8xa-800e-f08-e-15309.jpg

Some nice knitted ties to keep it casual.
a9xa-ktie-strp1-l-17954.jpg
a9xa-ktie-mstrp-l-17502.jpg
a9xa-ktie-sspt-n-17506.jpg

I intentionally left out polo's to change it up a bit.
Time to move up a bit from polos, trust me.

This guy just took pics of my closet.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dont eff w/ boots tho, been meaning to change that but wouldnt know where to start. those polo boots dont work for me either.

im gonna go broke messin w/ gilt again

I am not "cool" so this might be why I am asking this question

What would you wear those socks with that RFX posted? Just wondering how that can seriously be pulled off.

might be a stupid question but does anyone know if jack purcells can be cleaned? the ones i have are pretty scuffed on the midsoles and vulcanized portion upfront and was just wondering if anyone knows a cleaning product or method.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am not "cool" so this might be why I am asking this question

What would you wear those socks with that RFX posted? Just wondering how that can seriously be pulled off.

nerd.gif

I am not asking because I would ever do it, I just want to know how that can be pulled off in a non Kanye, "Look at me, I have on funny socks" typeof way.

idk looks like its just to add some color to your fit....or to let everyone know you have Paul Smith socks

niidawg,
the jeans come all the way down to the bottom of my feet but i like a little stacking in my jeans..maybe like 1 inch ...
i could still rock them..but it fits more like a dress pant

idk ill go see if the tailor can fix n let u guys know haha

Those socks aren't exactly to say "I am wearing Paul Smith" since most people probably doesn't even know who or what Paul Smith is.
BR also makes socks of similar pattern and color so the general public will probably associate it with BR more than with PS.

The purpose of the sock is to have fun, give your fit a little color. I must admit, I was a firm believer of matching socks with the trousers and I stillfollow that rule most of the time especially on formal events but having those socks gives you an option to somewhat express yourself. It's hard to explainbut you really do no have to match it with your tie or pocket square or your shirt, it's just to give life to the boring old white or black socks.

Wow, havent checked in since last year.

Does anyone know where I can get some peacoat coats online? and that ships overseas? Im looking for a short-#*% length, in navy, black or grey.

Nii, your fits are on point
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by brrraptors

Frye makes some very well built extremely comfortable boots, here is my go-to winter pair this year. pics taken after about 3-4months of 3-4days/week wear. they are a tiny shade darker than they are now because they were just cleaned and sprayed with a waterproofer :

another everyday beater pair that i've abused for almost 4yrs:

Wow, great pictures!

Have you got the shoes resoled or repaired? (Asking since you've had them for years).

Frye is a very good brand. They're slightly less than Red Wings too I believe.
no i've never had it resoled, but i did change the insole couple once and its due again. the outsole is quite hard on those, which is the onlything i dislike because if you were on your feet a lot you'd feel it the day after, so it hasn't worn away quite yet.

frye is very under-rated imo. the leather on that in just 4months of use has gotten softer and very comfortable, and their insole/outsole is insanelycomfortable for me.

I3, there was a NICE Penguin navy peacoat on sale on gilt.com for $88. It sold out so I bought another, then they went back on sale. I was pissed.

Back
Top Bottom