Dressing better

Let me tell you, my UNIQLO chinos were the best pair of pants I had, excellent fit, wore them so much, the creases started to set in like raw denim. Theystarted to get a little raggedy so i tried to clean em up but failed and had to part with them. Bought a different pair but it was a different style, and thefit was completely horrible. i was so disappointed.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Let me tell you, my UNIQLO chinos were the best pair of pants I had, excellent fit, wore them so much, the creases started to set in like raw denim. They started to get a little raggedy so i tried to clean em up but failed and had to part with them. Bought a different pair but it was a different style, and the fit was completely horrible. i was so disappointed.
I don't know what kind these are but they fit great. I picked up a pair in grey and blue. If they were tapered a tiny bit more, they would beperfect but I can work with these.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

nike-sb-stefanjanoski-2009-2-540x370.jpg
pimp.gif

where can i find these in NYC ????
If SB's are still only sold in skate shops then your local independent skate shop with a Nike SB account. I think there is a shop locator on the Nike SB website. It's been a loooooonnngg time since I bought a pair of SB's but these might change that.
You can try by going to that nike sportswear store that's on mercer street in lower manhattan
Best bet would be online though.
link?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by RFX45

Silver Tabs are huge, real baggy.
The Levis Red Line (unless I am thinking of something else) seems to take a few sizing which range from 510's to 501's, kind of like their Capital E line.
http://www1.macys.com/cat...=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Macys is saying "bootcut, slim fit" . Too bad no Canadian stores carry Silver Tabs so I can try them on...oh well. I dont know if I should buy these (just copped 501s and 527s with their 25% off + free ship code).

RFX, are there any BLACK RIGID 514s? Cant seem to find any.
I'd steer clear of anything that says bootcut. I don't know of any situation where bootcut jeans look good.

As far as black rigid 514's... what do you mean by rigid? There are no raw denim 514's other than the Imprints.
- to each his own about boot cut jeans. Im personally disgusted by males who wear SKINNY jeans but whatever floats on their boat. I stay withstraight, boot cut and rarely slim since I have athletic legs.

- rigids aren't really raw, a step lower than that in terms of texture , I cant really explain it but cultpop explains it here:

http://www.styleforum.net...e/index.php/t-12968.html

RFX, try asking for one when you're out at the mall. I have an Iconic Rigid 501 right now which you can probably spot @ regular Levis retailers

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

pimp.gif

If SB's are still only sold in skate shops then your local independent skate shop with a Nike SB account. I think there is a shop locator on the Nike SB website. It's been a loooooonnngg time since I bought a pair of SB's but these might change that.
You can try by going to that nike sportswear store that's on mercer street in lower manhattan
link?
Thatcolorway will release in April but here is what ccs has: link

Silver Tabs are huge, real baggy.
The Levis Red Line (unless I am thinking of something else) seems to take a few sizing which range from 510's to 501's, kind of like their Capital E line.

Macys is saying "bootcut, slim fit" . Too bad no Canadian stores carry Silver Tabs so I can try them on...oh well. I dont know if I should buy these (just copped 501s and 527s with their 25% off + free ship code).

RFX, are there any BLACK RIGID 514s? Cant seem to find any.
I'd steer clear of anything that says bootcut. I don't know of any situation where bootcut jeans look good.

As far as black rigid 514's... what do you mean by rigid? There are no raw denim 514's other than the Imprints.
- to each his own about boot cut jeans. Im personally disgusted by males who wear SKINNY jeans but whatever floats on their boat. I stay with straight, boot cut and rarely slim since I have athletic legs.

- rigids aren't really raw, a step lower than that in terms of texture , I cant really explain it but cultpop explains it here:

http://www.styleforum.net...e/index.php/t-12968.html

RFX, try asking for one when you're out at the mall. I have an Iconic Rigid 501 right now which you can probably spot @ regular Levis retailers
It's not even about skinny or not skinny. Boot cut jeans are, for the most part, just straight leg jeans with flares. You're right aboutto each his own but in my opinion, boot cut jeans look terrible with any kind of footwear. I don't know of a single situation where an outfit would nothave looked better had the person worn straight or slim jeans instead.

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

pimp.gif

link?
Those haven't released yet

Peacoat looks decent but if it were actually cut like that it would be good but chances are it is very boxy.

Also, Urban Outfitters 20% off discount with the code: GIFTED.
urban_10.jpg

4173019866_1d18d0f7d5.jpg

4173019910_ea9e5e3c0d.jpg

APC striped coat, GAP shirt, UNIQLO chinos, Clarks Desert Boots

The APC coat fits great everywhere except the shoulders and it's not like I have very broad shoulders. I don't like the GAP shirt. It didn't occur to me until recently just how difficult it is to find a seemingly simple solid colored slim fit shirt. For example, this GAP shirt fits great as far as sleeves and the body goes. It's surprisingly fitted for such a cheap shirt. What I can't deal with though is the collar. It doesn't hold it's shape after a single wash. I really need to find a brand that makes good solid colored slim fitting shirts. The UNIQLO chinos fit great after being hemmed.

I don't have a tripod anymore
laugh.gif
Nice fit

BN: I've been looking at that color of DB's. Do you think they work/have you worn them with dark denim, slim/straight fit? Also, how resistant/durableare these? If I sprayed them with something to protect them from the snow/sleet, would they hold up as a winter boot? Thanks!

Good outfit, Boy Noize. How does it feel to have short hair now?
laugh.gif
I'm in the process of growing mine out and it's taking forever.

For those who wants Clarks DB's for less than retail....Banana Republic is having a 40% off 1 full price item on the 14th. You can go in and ask forseveral coupons. The bigger BR stores sell Clarks DB's. There you go.

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

BN: I've been looking at that color of DB's. Do you think they work/have you worn them with dark denim, slim/straight fit? Also, how resistant/durable are these? If I sprayed them with something to protect them from the snow/sleet, would they hold up as a winter boot? Thanks!
I have worn them with dark denim both skinny and straight. I think they work. The main thing with the DB's, and for boots in general IMO, isyou don't want your pants to cover too much of it. So with my regular trousers, I have them hemmed to a point where it just hangs over the shoes. Forjeans, I usually cuff them with boots. These DB's are pretty versatile. I wear them with a lot and they're pretty comfortable too. As for howresistant/durable they are... I'm not too sure. I've never worn them in anything but clear weather. I'm sure they make something to protect suedefrom water but I also heard from others in this thread that DB's aren't a good option for the rain since the crepe sole offers no traction. They areprobably not a good winter boot. If you wanted a winter boot for a place where there is actual rain or snow, I'd probably say go look for something withrubber bottom instead.

Originally Posted by wj4

Good outfit, Boy Noize. How does it feel to have short hair now?
laugh.gif
I'm in the process of growing mine out and it's taking forever.

For those who wants Clarks DB's for less than retail....Banana Republic is having a 40% off 1 full price item on the 14th. You can go in and ask for several coupons. The bigger BR stores sell Clarks DB's. There you go.
Short hair is weird. It's the first time in a long time I've gotten it cut this short. It just had to drop to 35-40 degrees too rightafter I got it cut
laugh.gif

Anyone wear, or heard of, Marc (New York)? Good brand?

Also, can you alter a trench coat? I'm thinking sure, you can probably alter most articles of clothing to get them slimmer/smaller.

it was for a Co op position, and I've worked there before and saw how everyone else dressed so i'm like whatev.
i took the hoody off once I sat down though so it was just a shirt and tie really

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Really discouraged to post pics until I get an actual camera. but yeah I have an interview today

irregardless of what type of job it was, you sure don't think much of your self worth by that outfit.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Anyone wear, or heard of, Marc (New York)? Good brand?

Also, can you alter a trench coat? I'm thinking sure, you can probably alter most articles of clothing to get them slimmer/smaller.

Marc NY is ok, great outerwear usually, nothing slim though but usually goes on sale for deep discounts.
And yes, depending on the tailors capabilities, almost anything could be altered but of course with some limitations. Like a 42L suit can't be altered tofit like a 38R.

Peacoat looks decent but if it were actually cut like that it would be good but chances are it is very boxy.

Also, Urban Outfitters 20% off discount with the code: GIFTED.

Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom