Dressing better

real quick before i order those ae boots ... hows the size true or should i go down a size?

I missed my chance to buy some Cockpit stuff off Gilt today. Does anyone know what stores carry this brand? (I'd rather try the stuff on, but if you knowof online places, I'll take those too).

Thanks in advance.

Neiman Marcus in my area carries Cockpit.
Nordstrom Rack in my area also has a few pieces.
I believe cockpitusa.com is their main website/e-store.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

g1 camera = ftl but...

260q1kn.jpg

Monday in the office...

Polo Coat/Belt, BR Scarf, Perry Ellis Slacks, Kenneth Cole Shirt, CK Tie

tie rest right above your belt buckle

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I don't know why but I just never felt comfortable/confident about that mix.

gotta learn to break the rules to be fashionable. if you're not confident with what you're wearing, it'll show greatly through your outfit. when iwear black/brown, i tend to do it with denim. my jeans are jet black and the brown shoes i use are a lighter shade, almost caramel. i'll usually wear ashirt (typically plaid of a dark shade) to compliment the shoes. i usually don't do the matching-belt-to-shoe look when it comes to brown.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

whats a typical price a tailor would charge to have a shirt's width taken in.

i have a few casual button down shirts that are just a little too wide on me, b/c im 6'4 but pretty damn skinny....

just lookin for a estimated price per shirt....

great info in here, thanks.

approximately 15 for the sides and 10-15 for the sleeves.

good looks on the codes Nacho ... might have to stop by Lenox tonight and look around.

RFX - nice pickups
How much do darts typically run?

Darts is pretty much another way of tapering the shirt except instead of taking it from the side, they just pinch the back. Price should be the same or close to how much taking the sides in cost.

Check out my pics a few pgs back - I got some darts done.. makes a million dollar difference. I should have got the sleeves narrowed too, but eh, next time.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

thinking about getting some of these...
any pics of folks rockin em? im trying to do these right.
any brands that make really slick ones? i like the suede alot...

rock with jeans? and if so,what denim?
bass-burlington-saddle-shoes-10.jpg
977323-p-DETAILED.jpg

Saddle shoes are great. Own a pair, which I typically rock more casually, with dark rinse denim or khakis ..

cool,thanks...
so i'm not a huge DENIM fanatic,but my bro has some APC's and i think that style/color/whatever would be sharp with somethin like this... ya?am i goingthe right way?

Originally Posted by chickfileezy

Are the clarks desert boots true to size? If a guy wears a 9-9.5 will an 8.5 be too small?
Clarks DB's run one size larger. If you normally wear a 9, get an 8. You could probably even fit a 7.5.

Shoe recommendation for you guys. Just a pair of shoes that I personally love, just throw em on with shorts or something since its always hot down here. Bunchof different colorways available, called the nike sb janoski.

nike-sb-stefan-janoski-obsidian-leather-2.jpg

nike-sb-stefanjanoski-2009-7-540x384.jpg

nike-sb-stefanjanoski-2009-2-540x370.jpg

204682009105271747397278_L-570x449.jpg

I just copped these boots and now I'm having second thoughts. I normally rock Kicking Mule 1980's or other slim, straight leg denim and untuckedbutton ups. What do you guys think? This is the fist pair of 6 inches I've ever owned and the damn things are MASSIVE, but I like them a lot too, so do youguys think these are gonna be too big to wear with slimmer denim?

need fit pics. I wear 514's and JCrew x Red Wings are about just as big, but I make them work.

can I get some opinions on this? I'm on the fence about it and could use an outsiders perspective.

Z9429500000-IRG

Originally Posted by rcdp

need fit pics. I wear 514's and JCrew x Red Wings are about just as big, but I make them work.

Yeah, probably shoulda done that to begin with. I'd probably roll them up a bit more so I wouldn't have so much stacking, but you get the idea.

Since you asked for opinions, 55steep, I think that looks terrible, as you probably suspected. IMO it should always be: big, clunky footwear = baggy/loose fitpants; sleek/low profile footwear = slim pants. It looks equally bad when I see someone wearing baggy jeans with some low profile shoes that are being drownedby all the denim.

rafs that jacket is pretty ill. As long as it's super pricey I would def rock.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 55steep

I just copped these boots and now I'm having second thoughts. I normally rock Kicking Mule 1980's or other slim, straight leg denim and untucked button ups. What do you guys think? This is the fist pair of 6 inches I've ever owned and the damn things are MASSIVE, but I like them a lot too, so do you guys think these are gonna be too big to wear with slimmer denim?
Link to these please?

Originally Posted by 55steep

Originally Posted by rcdp

Yeah, probably shoulda done that to begin with. I'd probably roll them up a bit more so I wouldn't have so much stacking, but you get the idea.
I actually don't think that's a bad look with the indigo denim. Depending on what you wear on top, I think that works. Those grey jeans onthe other hand will never go with those boots. Just doesn't look right at all.

Back
Top Bottom