Dressing better

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Shoe recommendation for you guys. Just a pair of shoes that I personally love, just throw em on with shorts or something since its always hot down here. Bunch of different colorways available, called the nike sb janoski.

Yeah bro, Janoski's have been discussed before

yeah man janoski's are
pimp.gif
.. I'm waiting to find them for really cheap before I buy.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by Apples28

i wish i was a guy sometimes

Why? Women have a hell of a lot more options and help when it comes to fashion.

thats why. We have to manyyy options. I like simple and i can never find things i want sometimes because they be adding so much glitter and fluff. And let menot get into sizes.

thats why. We have to manyyy options. I like simple and i can never find things i want sometimes because they be adding so much glitter and fluff. And let me not get into sizes.

Women has so much more options though. There Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, etc... and the places that sell mens clothes like H&M and ZARA, the womenssection has like 4-5 times bigger department. Your options are practically unlimited and most of them are priced really cheap unlike mens clothes, especiallyif we are looking for something more slim. Women even has specialty sized stores like 1-3-5 for petite women and another stores for those who like to eat (nottrying to be rude or anything). Men barely has a big and tall stores and H&M and ZARA (and Uniqlo for those in NY) are the only options for smaller guysand there are barely any of those stores around.

Originally Posted by 55steep

Originally Posted by rcdp

need fit pics. I wear 514's and JCrew x Red Wings are about just as big, but I make them work.

Yeah, probably shoulda done that to begin with. I'd probably roll them up a bit more so I wouldn't have so much stacking, but you get the idea.

Sorry but I do not like the look much, maybe if it wasn't tucked or the jeans doesn't stack above the boots with a little cuff to break the transition,then it might work/look better.

If someone can find my CLARKS DESERT BOOTS for under $50 online, drop me a PM. I've been itching to get a SAND. BEIGE or FLINT.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

If someone can find my CLARKS DESERT BOOTS for under $50 online, drop me a PM. I've been itching to get a SAND. BEIGE or FLINT.

if anyone knows where i can find em for less than retail hit me up...

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

if anyone knows where i can find em for less than retail hit me up...

mee too, i need me a beeswax pair

I dont think you'll find DB online for less than $50. Even at Nordstrom Racks, they are $60.

Cheapest ive seen them is 20% off retail. Comes out to $70ish I think?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I dont think you'll find DB online for less than $50. Even at Nordstrom Racks, they are $60.

Cheapest ive seen them is 20% off retail. Comes out to $70ish I think?
David Z had em for 39.99

and believe me I'm checkin that website 25/8

and does anyone know on how Levis SILVER TAB jeans fit? Is it the same as the Regular red tabs?

Silver Tabs are huge, real baggy.
The Levis Red Line (unless I am thinking of something else) seems to take a few sizing which range from 510's to 501's, kind of like their Capital Eline.

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

nike-sb-stefanjanoski-2009-2-540x370.jpg
pimp.gif

where can i find these in NYC ????
If SB's are still only sold in skate shops then your local independent skate shop with a Nike SB account. I think there is a shop locator onthe Nike SB website. It's been a loooooonnngg time since I bought a pair of SB's but these might change that.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The Levis Red Line (unless I am thinking of something else) seems to take a few sizing which range from 510's to 501's, kind of like their Capital E line.
http://www1.macys.com/cat...=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Macys is saying "bootcut, slim fit" . Too bad no Canadian stores carry Silver Tabs so I can try them on...oh well. I dont know if I should buy these(just copped 501s and 527s with their 25% off + free ship code).

RFX, are there any BLACK RIGID 514s? Cant seem to find any.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

pimp.gif

If SB's are still only sold in skate shops then your local independent skate shop with a Nike SB account. I think there is a shop locator on the Nike SB website. It's been a loooooonnngg time since I bought a pair of SB's but these might change that.
You can try by going to that nike sportswear store that's on mercer street in lower manhattan

To my Dressing Better NT'ers who live in places with cold winters:

I'm heading up to NY (I stay down in Miami, born and raised, aka I freeze when it gets around 40-45) next week to visit fam and I don't want to buy anoverly expensive coat, but I don't want to freeze while I'm up there.

I'm open to any suggestions, I'm looking for a coat that is at the right balance between style+warmth and PRICEPOINT. The cheaper the better, since Iknow I am not going to use it at all once I come back down to Miami. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by one11archerave

pimp.gif

If SB's are still only sold in skate shops then your local independent skate shop with a Nike SB account. I think there is a shop locator on the Nike SB website. It's been a loooooonnngg time since I bought a pair of SB's but these might change that.
You can try by going to that nike sportswear store that's on mercer street in lower manhattan
Best bet would be online though.

The Levis Red Line (unless I am thinking of something else) seems to take a few sizing which range from 510's to 501's, kind of like their Capital E line.

Macys is saying "bootcut, slim fit" . Too bad no Canadian stores carry Silver Tabs so I can try them on...oh well. I dont know if I should buy these (just copped 501s and 527s with their 25% off + free ship code).

RFX, are there any BLACK RIGID 514s? Cant seem to find any.
I'd steer clear of anything that says bootcut. I don't know of any situation where bootcut jeans look good.

As far as black rigid 514's... what do you mean by rigid? There are no raw denim 514's other than the Imprints.

thats why. We have to manyyy options. I like simple and i can never find things i want sometimes because they be adding so much glitter and fluff. And let me not get into sizes.

Women has so much more options though. There Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, etc... and the places that sell mens clothes like H&M and ZARA, the womens section has like 4-5 times bigger department. Your options are practically unlimited and most of them are priced really cheap unlike mens clothes, especially if we are looking for something more slim. Women even has specialty sized stores like 1-3-5 for petite women and another stores for those who like to eat (not trying to be rude or anything). Men barely has a big and tall stores and H&M and ZARA (and Uniqlo for those in NY) are the only options for smaller guys and there are barely any of those stores around.

You win. I am happy I am a woman hear me roar. I just find it easier for a man to dress well then it is for a woman. We have bust and butts among other thingsto worry about.

psst, you can also try going to Niketown NYC or any of those small sneaker stores with an sb account (like someone said previously)

4173019866_1d18d0f7d5.jpg

4173019910_ea9e5e3c0d.jpg

APC striped coat, GAP shirt, UNIQLO chinos, Clarks Desert Boots

The APC coat fits great everywhere except the shoulders and it's not like I have very broad shoulders. I don't like the GAP shirt. It didn'toccur to me until recently just how difficult it is to find a seemingly simple solid colored slim fit shirt. For example, this GAP shirt fits great as far assleeves and the body goes. It's surprisingly fitted for such a cheap shirt. What I can't deal with though is the collar. It doesn't hold it'sshape after a single wash. I really need to find a brand that makes good solid colored slim fitting shirts. The UNIQLO chinos fit great after being hemmed.

I don't have a tripod anymore
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom