Dressing better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what's wrong with a shirt, tie, and cords?
only wore the hoody cause its cold.

Nothing wrong with it, I think we just assumed you wore the hoody with the white shirt to the interview. I also didn't see the tie in your pick so Ithought you just went as is.

Although I think Tom Hansen did pull off the shirt and tie with a hoody, slacks and sneakers casual look well, minus the sneakers of course.

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

BN: I've been looking at that color of DB's. Do you think they work/have you worn them with dark denim, slim/straight fit? Also, how resistant/durable are these? If I sprayed them with something to protect them from the snow/sleet, would they hold up as a winter boot? Thanks!
dont use them for winter your feet will get wet real quick. not very good traction either

Originally Posted by acrobum

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

BN: I've been looking at that color of DB's. Do you think they work/have you worn them with dark denim, slim/straight fit? Also, how resistant/durable are these? If I sprayed them with something to protect them from the snow/sleet, would they hold up as a winter boot? Thanks!
dont use them for winter your feet will get wet real quick. not very good traction either
they're called desert boots

there usually isnt any precipitation in the desert

therefore they probably wont be good for winter use
wink.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what's wrong with a shirt, tie, and cords?
only wore the hoody cause its cold.

when i interview someone, first impressions count. cords and desert boots should be left for casual affairs vs a pair of dress slacks & proper dress shoes(AT LEAST) for an interview. it's a mind boggler when someone comes in interviewing for a 45k/yr job looking like they are there to make $10/hr. but ifit's not a problem with you my opinion has no relevance.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Can anyone direct me to a Clark Desert Boot style shoe but with a flat bottom rather than a raised heel?

The American Eagle have more of a flat sole though. Not particularly comfortable though, I'm gellin in mine. Worth it for the <$25 I paid.

any suggestions on products to buy for cleaning/caring for/maintaining my boots NT?

here's what i have...

Wolverine Montgomery
newdandyism-wolverine-heritage-collection.jpg

John Varvatos
2zr02nm.jpg

Buy one of those shoe care kit that they sell at Nordstrom or even Macys.
It should include a soft horse-hair brush, I recommend giving the shoe a quick brush every time you remove them.
I do not polish my shoe much but a quick wipe or leather lotion/cleaner to clean them up and moisturize the leather.
The leather cleaner/conditioner is also necessary before polishing.
Do not use one of those quick shine was/polish.
You can also spray those water repellent if you live in a place that rains a lot.

Be careful though, those JV boots are meant to be dull and worn and using some cleaners/conditioner and polish will make it shiny destroying the distressedlook.
Try to go with a neutral polish too so that the distressed look doesn't go away with a brown polish.

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

any suggestions on products to buy for cleaning/caring for/maintaining my boots NT?

here's what i have...

Wolverine Montgomery
John Varvatos
great boots hammerdown

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

nt im lookin for some shoes to wear..all i have are sneakers and ever since i upgraded my wardrobe to slim fit jeans/slim buttonups/cord blazers/vests..etc i need some shoes to rock with

as of now im rockin the purcell converse and some low top creative recs..and im trying to move on to a more classy look..

i live in a warmer/arid climate..so i cant rock most of the boots in here..plus im not a big fan of boots to begin with....especially the bulky ones

any body know what kinda kicks i can pull off for a casual yet well dressed look..
ive seen ppl suggest saddle shoes and desert boots..but im not really feeling those either..i need somethin sleek looking..

any suggestions? where to cop? ( i know this has probably been asked before..forgive me)
If you got a couple $$$
common-desert.jpg

What shoes are these? These are perfect!

Really what are these?

here's what i have...

John Varvatos

Is the color accurate on the picture? I ask because I got the same ones in "dark brown" but they're more of a dark burgundy which I really like,and not as dull. Here's mine. Not the best pic, but it kind of shows the difference in color.

Either way, great boots.

can more people post pics of them rockin desert boots... im thinkin bout coppin a paid but they seemed really thin... but in pics they look great

Originally Posted by SFN 155

here's what i have...

John Varvatos

Is the color accurate on the picture? I ask because I got the same ones in "dark brown" but they're more of a dark burgundy which I really like, and not as dull. Here's mine. Not the best pic, but it kind of shows the difference in color.

Either way, great boots.
colors accurate on mine

mine don't have a burgandy tint...just a dull dark brown

surprisingly the John Varvatos are more comfortable than the Wolverine's so far

i'm hoping that after the Wolverine's break in they'll be a little more comfortable...they initially felt really comfortable but after walkingaround they dig into the back of my foot

Originally Posted by Apples28

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

i wish i was a guy sometimes

Why? Women have a hell of a lot more options and help when it comes to fashion.

thats why. We have to manyyy options. I like simple and i can never find things i want sometimes because they be adding so much glitter and fluff. And let me not get into sizes.

Women has so much more options though. There Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, etc... and the places that sell mens clothes like H&M and ZARA, the womens section has like 4-5 times bigger department. Your options are practically unlimited and most of them are priced really cheap unlike mens clothes, especially if we are looking for something more slim. Women even has specialty sized stores like 1-3-5 for petite women and another stores for those who like to eat (not trying to be rude or anything). Men barely has a big and tall stores and H&M and ZARA (and Uniqlo for those in NY) are the only options for smaller guys and there are barely any of those stores around.

You win. I am happy I am a woman hear me roar. I just find it easier for a man to dress well then it is for a woman. We have bust and butts among other things to worry about.
Yep. I agree with you Apples.

I know this has been asked a ton of times but if I wear size 9 in converse, what size should I go for in clarks desert boots? same size? down or up?

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by knightngale

I know this has been asked a ton of times but if I wear size 9 in converse, what size should I go for in clarks desert boots? same size? down or up?

thanks in advance
Size down 1. I'd say you could get away with 1.5.

Back
Top Bottom