Dressing better

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by knightngale

I know this has been asked a ton of times but if I wear size 9 in converse, what size should I go for in clarks desert boots? same size? down or up?

thanks in advance
Size down 1. I'd say you could get away with 1.5.

Careful, my All-Stars ran almost as big/huge as my DBs. I wear a 14 in sneakers, 13 in loafers and dress shoes, and I rock a 12/12.5 in DBs and Chuck Taylors.I would say go down a full size from your basketball shoe size, maybe even 1.5 down if you like a tighter fit or don't plan on wearing thick socks.

I found a navy blue H&M coat at a thrift store for $15. No wear, tear, or missing buttons. Just a little bit of lint and wrinkled but a trip to the drycleaners should be all it needs.

Also bought another sweater at Zara. This cold weather is really making me want more sweaters lol.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I know this has been asked a ton of times but if I wear size 9 in converse, what size should I go for in clarks desert boots? same size? down or up?

thanks in advance

Careful, my All-Stars ran almost as big/huge as my DBs. I wear a 14 in sneakers, 13 in loafers and dress shoes, and I rock a 12/12.5 in DBs and Chuck Taylors. I would say go down a full size from your basketball shoe size, maybe even 1.5 down if you like a tighter fit or don't plan on wearing thick socks.
I guess the best way would be to just go try them on. I wear a 10-10.5 in Converse and wear a 9 in Clarks desert boots. I could easily fit an 8.5though.

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

manamazing55, im liking the loafers. info?
u finna rockem wit jeans?
im gonna try! They are extremely comfortable. Hopefully theyll hold up for a while.

Got them on ae.com, on sale for $35 or so a pair. I had a discount online too. Not bad.

Looks like more people are beginning to post fits ... Good for the thread!!

Fits for the week:

Today - last day before month long vacation!!!

Thursday:

Wednesday:

Tuesday:

Monday ... Team Event ... Casual Wear:

Nice fits as always. Wednesday is especially
pimp.gif
. I think the grey suit/white shirt/black tie combo is the sickest possible fit in many situations if pulledoff correctly. Kudos.

I need options for work. I have to keep it non-casual Mon-Thursdays.

I am tired of wearing a dress shirt and dress pants 4 days of the week. What are some options for me to mix it up.

Also I need some soft brown shoes to wear with Khaki colored shoes because I usually wear khakis on Fridays, but I only have black shoes.

I know there are 500 posts here but if someone can help me out I would appreciate it.

niidawg - I love wednesday's outfit. I'm partial to the black/white/grey monochromatic look so I was pretty much instantly drawn to that
laugh.gif
I'ddefinitely emulate that look in the future when I'm at the point where suits become a part of my wardrobe. That last casual wear pic is great too. Love howthat tiny bit of the checkered shirt showing complements the rest of the outfit.

thanks in advance
thanks

Nice fits Niidawg and I am jealous of your month long vacation.

New Sebago Fairhaven x La MJC
It looks great but the price is 150 Euros, which equates to about $200-$220 USD.
sebago-lamjc-fairhaven-shoes-1.jpg
sebago-lamjc-fairhaven-shoes-4-540x389.jpg

sebago-lamjc-fairhaven-shoes-2-540x394.jpg
untitl14.jpg

thanks in advance
thanks
i would go with your size in converse.. converse runs 1-1.5 size big than nikes, same with desert boots. i wear a 12 in nike.. 11 in converse and11 in deserts

I just suggest trying it on because everyone has a weird foot.
Like me, I wear a 9.5-10 in Nikes/Jordans but a 10 in Chucks/JPs and a 9D in Clarks DB.
Then an 8EE in Alden Indy and most Allen Edmonds.

So really, the best advice is to try it on, it shouldn't be that hard considering the shoes are easy to find.
If there isn't a Clarks store near you, chances are Macys, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, BR, etc... carries it.

Originally Posted by kidposite

Originally Posted by acrobum

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

BN: I've been looking at that color of DB's. Do you think they work/have you worn them with dark denim, slim/straight fit? Also, how resistant/durable are these? If I sprayed them with something to protect them from the snow/sleet, would they hold up as a winter boot? Thanks!
dont use them for winter your feet will get wet real quick. not very good traction either
they're called desert boots

there usually isnt any precipitation in the desert

therefore they probably wont be good for winter use
wink.gif

I think people just thought they were for winter because of the word boots

sorry but what's APC? and do they sell those online? im kinda new here but im pretty much destroying my wardrobe for some new style

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

sorry but what's APC? and do they sell those online? im kinda new here but im pretty much destroying my wardrobe for some new style
APC is a French brand. They are known for their minimalist designs with a focus on the details. Their jeans are very popular but there's muchmore to the brand then just that.

APC has an online store at http://apc.fr and there are several other online stores that carrytheir stuff.

Originally Posted by Drama23

2lufd3q.jpg

might be late but does old navy still have these? the online store doesnt..

at this point i'd say no. i just bought it over a week ago and it wasn't online. i prolly got lucky. went into old navy few days ago and didn'teven see them on the floor.

heads up to all tho, take an extra 30% off clearance @ AE.com....starts today and ends the 15.

EDIT

opinions on these ?
0212_4631_278.jpg

im leaning on clarks, but these are dumb cheap although they don't look as classy as clarks..
nerd.gif

Go with Clarks.

I ordered two pairs of the AE desert boots and they aren't too comfortable. Also the side of the shoes that cover the ankle aren't as flexible asClarks.

IMO the Clarks dbs are definitely the way to go. Don't go cheap on yourself. Just cop the real thing.

get the Clarks, i have those but ive only worn them like once. I barely wear any of the DB's i got from AE though i just bought them because they werecheap

Also not sure if the deal is still going on if anyone has a Clarks Bostanian outlet check them out. They had a Buy 1 get 1 half off on Black Friday, I found athe Beeswax DB in my size but I didn't buy

What's the best websiite to order Clark's Desert boots? SPECIFICALLY the Beeswax or Nubucks. I need a website that ships internationally as well(living in Canada. Thanks in advance NT!

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

What's the best websiite to order Clark's Desert boots? SPECIFICALLY the Beeswax or Nubucks. I need a website that ships internationally as well (living in Canada. Thanks in advance NT!
Not sure about the shipping policy, but Nordstrom.com, zappos.com, and Clarks' site sell them.

I <3 my Clarks DB's.

Beeswax!

though I do want to try to pick up some grey ones if I can find some

Spoiler [+]
clarks%20orginals%20desert%20boot%20traditional%20tan%20grey-thumb-430x280.jpg

35081316.jpg

clarks-wallabee-dessert-boot-grey.jpg

any of these will do! someone point me in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom