Dressing better

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

this weekend i'm gonna stock up on a few ties

Working man.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

nt im lookin for some shoes to wear..all i have are sneakers and ever since i upgraded my wardrobe to slim fit jeans/slim buttonups/cord blazers/vests..etc i need some shoes to rock with

as of now im rockin the purcell converse and some low top creative recs..and im trying to move on to a more classy look..

i live in a warmer/arid climate..so i cant rock most of the boots in here..plus im not a big fan of boots to begin with....especially the bulky ones

any body know what kinda kicks i can pull off for a casual yet well dressed look..
ive seen ppl suggest saddle shoes and desert boots..but im not really feeling those either..i need somethin sleek looking..

any suggestions? where to cop? ( i know this has probably been asked before..forgive me)
If you got a couple $$$
common-desert.jpg

What shoes are these? These are perfect!

I really like common projects but the price and the serial # on every shoe or w/e are terrible. i have 2 or 3 pairs of vans that are really similar in style toCPs for $40-50 each

11309ChurchStWeb1.jpg

This pic is from The Sartorialist.

Although the picture is of a woman, the concept still holds true. I've been looking for something to convince me brown would work with a primarily blackoutfit. I'd been pretty cautious to stay away from combining the two even when following the belt/shoe rule. I don't know why but I just never feltcomfortable/confident about that mix.

nice pickups RFX45, drop some info on price, BR has one in for $200, feels like a cloud, shirt's arm length a bit long

some sales

Macys' One Day Sale ($10 off $25 coupon) 12/8 and 12/9
coupon pdf
no exclusion on apparel (ideal for Levis & Polo)

American Eagle AE 25% Off entire purchase and FS 12/8 only online sweet!
AE has buy 1 top get 1 50% off, then you can combine that with this coupon code: 56296478 for another 25% off your entire order. There is also free shipping.All of these deals end 12/8 at 11:59pm!
(trench coat came in yesterday, they canceled the medium but the large fits great, pics soon)

J.Crew
been in their Manhattan & NJ stores, nice button downs for $19.99, chinos for 19.99 (too baggy for me), sweaters reduced as well

H&M
selected button downs 50% off from 24.95 to $12
styles are all striped & pretty basic, but if you need slim fitting shirts you can't go wrong

Thrift store find - Allen Edmonds Cognac 10.5 $25
5nucg7.jpg

whats a typical price a tailor would charge to have a shirt's width taken in.

i have a few casual button down shirts that are just a little too wide on me, b/c im 6'4 but pretty damn skinny....

just lookin for a estimated price per shirt....

great info in here, thanks.

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

i have a few casual button down shirts that are just a little too wide on me, b/c im 6'4 but pretty damn skinny....

approximately 15 for the sides and 10-15 for the sleeves.

good looks on the codes Nacho ... might have to stop by Lenox tonight and look around.

RFX - nice pickups

I hate this 40 degree Bay Area weather, but at least I get a chance to wear all my sweaters, jackets, and scarves all together

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

American Eagle AE 25% Off entire purchase and FS 12/8 only online sweet!
AE has buy 1 top get 1 50% off, then you can combine that with this coupon code: 56296478 for another 25% off your entire order. There is also free shipping. All of these deals end 12/8 at 11:59pm!
Good looking out on the discount. You cant go wrong when the boots come out to $45. I wanted to buy both the black and the brown woodsman bootsbut only settled on the black. Both would have came out to $105 shipped but Wifeys bday and Christmas = no loot.

It is 40 degrees here in SoCal too, just glad the rain stopped for a day or two and then it is coming back.

From the Sartorialist, simple but I like.
1049FrenchJD3344Web.jpg

This pic reminds me, I might have to get the sleeves on my herringbone slimmed down a bit.
GQdec12380Web.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

good looks on the codes Nacho ... might have to stop by Lenox tonight and look around.

RFX - nice pickups
How much do darts typically run?

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Originally Posted by niidawg3

RFX - nice pickups
How much do darts typically run?

Darts is pretty much another way of tapering the shirt except instead of taking it from the side, they just pinch the back. Price should be the same or closeto how much taking the sides in cost.

Back
Top Bottom