Dressing better

does anybody here have the khaki levi's 511?
3860685003_a66feae7aa.jpg

if so, how do you like them?

I have a pair and I like it a lot. Mine is heavy weight and thick like jeans but not as stiff.

I'm really liking chambray shirts now, but where can I find some at a decent price? over 80 is too much for a shirt

i like the levis 511 khakis. i needed a pair of khakis for events where wearing jeans is dressing too casual, but all the stores i went to either had thetypical wide @#$ khakis for $30 or the well fitted ones for around 70+. the 511s were perfect for me as they were only $45 when I got them, and they lookreally good with an untucked button-up shirt. im not too crazy about the leg opening but overall it doesnt fit too tight, id say its actually looser than thedenim version.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

can't find old navy cardigans online
nerd.gif
. the ones at gap suck and BR is waaaay to expensive..
did you try J Crew? they normally have good sales on them

Nice, I am thinking of picking up a pair this coming week but I've only seen them at Urban so far. Where did you guys get them? (besides online)

Fellas.. got my shirt back a few days ago, here is the result. They ended up darting it, as they said it would be a tighter fit. I really now need some shoes,and the pants are just rolled up inside an inch or so. My silver tie bar is also on the way..

Dang, I3..I didn't know you were Asian.
laugh.gif
The fit looks good, man.

Thomas Crown-that's a really casual looking fit, good job. Almost like it can be an ad for J. Crew.

For those interested, BR is having a bunch of sales in December, some of which include 40% off one full price and 25% off total purchase over $100. My momstopped by to get some stuff and came back with a stack of coupons.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

any one know where i can get some good deals on knit ties and on desert boots ??
nerd.gif
Urban Outfitter has knit ties that are pretty affordable. I only have 4, all are from J. Crew. All were on sale, around $15-20 a pop.

Desert boots, browse back and see if those AE's are still up for grab.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I'm really liking chambray shirts now, but where can I find some at a decent price? over 80 is too much for a shirt
I picked one up at GAP for about $30. They had two styles if I remember. It's nothing special in terms of chambray but I, too, didn't feelcomfortable dropping over $80 on a shirt that I wasn't sure I was going to like. Honestly though, after having worn this chambray shirt a few times, Ithink it'd be worth it to pick up a nice one because, not that the GAP one is bad, it's just chambray is really awesome.
laugh.gif

I3 that shirt fits perfectly.
pimp.gif

And I actually love the way "darting" looks on the back of shirts, assuming that's what you're referring to. Nothing better than trying on anewly tailored shirt.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I picked one up at GAP for about $30. They had two styles if I remember. It's nothing special in terms of chambray but I, too, didn't feel comfortable dropping over $80 on a shirt that I wasn't sure I was going to like. Honestly though, after having worn this chambray shirt a few times, I think it'd be worth it to pick up a nice one because, not that the GAP one is bad, it's just chambray is really awesome.
laugh.gif
gap has the khaki one left but that's not the type I want. I dont think they still carry the other.
maybe I'll get the J Crew one for christmas

4156807369_ab91977021_o.jpg

Zara leather jacket, CdG PLAY tee, APC jeans, APC/Nike All Court

My best purchase this year was the Zara jacket. The fit is perfect on it.

Better pic of the shoes. Nike's version of the Jack Purcell tennis sneaker basically.

APC-Nike-All-Court-White-Black-6.jpg

Nice fit Boyz Noise. Aye, help me out on buying some APC's. If I want them to fit like Levis 511's, which kind should I be buying? Thanks.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Nice fit Boyz Noise. Aye, help me out on buying some APC's. If I want them to fit like Levis 511's, which kind should I be buying? Thanks.
I tried to put on 511's and I couldn't do it. It was way too slim for me. With that being said, you're probably going to want to tryout the New Cures. They're skinnier in the leg than New Standards. Also keep in mind that with APC's you need to size down two from your true waistsize because they stretch out like crazy after the first week or two of wear. If you can't button them all the way to the top the first few days,you're doing it right.

Back
Top Bottom