Dressing better

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Very nice donjuan513 and impalaballa187.
definitely

vdubsta

an old co-worker works there now, thought the employee discount was 35%?
Starts at 30% for everything. 50% for wear to work clothes. Then they have the 60's list, which is a compiled list of products in-store thatare 60% off unless noted(Can be used as gifts...The boots where on this list for 50% off).

new discount code for jcrew.com

25% off online orders of $150 or more...use the code GIFTS.

valid through December 6th...

-waystinthyme

impalaballa187...clean fit...dressy up top, casual on the bottom..u pulled it off well. props man. cardigan shirt and tie all coordinate very well imo

Jack Purcell introduces some clean kicks do out this month as part of the Converse Japan Collection. Coming in two solid colorways, and Step Into the"Dresscode 1/2″ outfit, featuring white leather, black patent leather and wingtip accents.
converse-jack-purcell-december-2009-1-540x279-500x258.jpg
converse-jack-purcell-december-2009-2-540x271.jpg
I got 2 Art of Shaving starter kitsoff slickdeals a few months ago. Something about shaving with a straight razor rockets your confidence. recommended & cheaper than disposable
tumblr_ku1q24LC541qa2j8co3_400.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Levis 511 trousers, no alterations done.

People were interested in the Sebago Lighthouse before, NeedSupply.com has them for $145.
Use the code: NOVSF to receive 15% discount. Free shipping on orders $100 or more.
sebago_lighthouseboot1_1.jpg

NeedSupply.com also has some nice slim fitting pants like Cheap Monday, Dunderdon and Life After Denim.
Worth a look.

Now THESE are official
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rcdp

impala I understand wanting to keep it young, but you would have looked much cleaner with a tucked in shirt.

agreed there, if you are gonna spend grown man money commit to keepin it classy. Also the lines of your jacket and cardi are too similar (esp the neckline)
that said- you have a lot of nice pieces to work with there, perhaps just not all together.

I think it's fine untuck, I would have opted for a more casual shirt & a knit tie. The shirt & tie remind me of Kenneth Cole/Express, 2 overpricedbrands I hate.

nice post at Valet today on Merino>>Cashmere

In Defense of Merino Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like cashmere. But those luxurious sweaters, with their silky softness, tend to feela bit precious. Not to mention that many a cashmere sweater (whether pricey or not) tend to pill. Which is why I'm more of a merino man. You won't finda better workhorse for your winter wardrobe. Lightweight yet still warm, hard-wearing while still extremely soft, a v-neck cut from a classic 12-gauge merinowill keep you looking sharp for the next ten winters if you treat it right. And with nary a tear, pill or stretched-out neck in sight, I might add. Perhapsthat's why J.Crew sells them in ten colors.

$48, at J.Crew
jcrewmeronasweater2.jpg

20 - 200 dollars depending on the place you go and how much you need done. Most work can be done for under 50 unless you are extremely particular, can getcloser to the 100+ range.

Originally Posted by damn its me

20 - 200 dollars depending on the place you go and how much you need done. Most work can be done for under 50 unless you are extremely particular, can get closer to the 100+ range.
Yeah, it's probably gonna hit me kid of hard in them pockets cause I'd need a lot of adjustment. I'm 5'8" weighing in at 140and it's a hand me down from someone who's about 5'10" 180/190.

You're probably better off buying a new one. From that height/weight difference, I say you're looking at a 3-4 size difference. You'd probably fitin a size 36 while the blazer will probably be size 40-42.

Originally Posted by SlamCity

eek.gif
I need that G-Star jacket.
Anyone know where I can find it?
My girl got it for me when she went abroad in Australia. They have a very similar (wool though) in the G-Star store on Broadway. The wool one ispretty pricey though.
Originally Posted by PersiaFly

impala that outfit is
eek.gif

How does the ON cardigan fit? Is it baggy in the midsection? Might have to cop tomorrow.
It's a bit roomy in the midsection. I wouldn't say baggy, but at $15 you can't really go wrong
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by rcdp

impala I understand wanting to keep it young, but you would have looked much cleaner with a tucked in shirt.

agreed there, if you are gonna spend grown man money commit to keepin it classy. Also the lines of your jacket and cardi are too similar (esp the neckline)
that said- you have a lot of nice pieces to work with there, perhaps just not all together.
Thanks for the advice, never thought about the necklines though... duly noted. I'm a 20 year old college student so I'm still learning theways of "Man Dress"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Has anyone had this problem with this type of shirt? The collar coming out in the middle?
Im going to have the buttons moved. That should do the trick right?
10ds7qh.jpg

from the angle of the picture it seems that the collar lengths don't match up, thus having the bulge. if it really bothers you just get your shirt pressed,should solve the problem. looks like an oxford also. i usually rock my oxfords wrinkled/fresh from the dryer and usually do a half-widsor knot w/o the collarsbuttoned down (your windsor knot looks small for some reason). or you can do an italian thick 4 in hand knot. but that's me. my oxfords never see an ironor dry cleaner. personal preference.

I swear I've never seen a men's cardigan at the ON by me.
Haven't been in there since a few weeks before Black Friday, might check it out tomorrow.

Those Janoski's (sp?) are nice. Gonna have to get those and the blues when they go on supersale.

Can anyone give me examples of shoes that are considered "business casual"

im lost when it comes to dress shoes.

Has anybody seen the DJ Khaled "Fed Up" video. I need to know what kinda blazer Usher had on, it was dope!

My cousin from Sweden wants to buy these two shirts from jcrew.com (click on the picture to go to the site).

But he's not sure which size to get. He is 6"6 and skinny (190 lbs) and he measured his sleeve length using the guidelines at J.Crew and got to almost38 inches. He usually wears XL but it all depends. Does anyone know if XL is gonna fit him? if XL is long enough he's good.

bought these Alife's today, been wanting some Wally's for awhile.
But these will suffice, especially for the $25 I paid for them.

14kec8p.jpg

Search for a pair of slim khaki/chino is over for me, for now. Here's the khakis I purchased from Gilt for $30 each.

Size 29 Hickey fits really well and the inseam isn't bad at around 31". I'm usually wear a 30" inseam but I might not need to bring this into be hemmed anymore. The pants are also very light without being too thin.
hickey10.jpg

Size 28 MJ by MJ fits me well too, not too slim/skin tight, very similar to the Hickey but very heavy cotton, almost workwear like chino. Inseam is pretty longat 35", needs to be hemmed and maybe tapered a bit because even though the opening is 7", by the time it reaches the 30" inseam, the opening isat about 8".
mj_fit10.jpg

Overall, I am very satisfied with both khakis for the price, I probably could have paid double and still be very happy with it. The Hickey is a lot lighter incolor than the MJ and the difference in weight will make both pretty versatile.

Stack Bundless- JCrew has a "Tall" section, its just that that shirt isn't included. He'll probably have to do the XL.I'm quite sure the sleeves will be a bit sure so he'll need to just roll the sleeves up.

NakoXL- It sounds like a lot but it can work in certain situations. I'd say just go for a vest instead.

Back
Top Bottom