Dressing better

hey i got some militaryish boots, do i rock them with the pants breaking over them or tucked in?

I've never been a fan of tucking pants into boots, but thats just me.

x4ivdy.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Saturday... and yes my pants have pleats.

Since I was dressed, I wanted to try in the new H&M blazer I got.
Fits perfect, sleeves just needs shortening.

RFX - where are the pleats? i see a flat front pants with a sharp crease ... but no pleats.

Have any of you guys gotten a fully tailored suit?

I'm going to treat myself to a grad present come April and I was thinking about getting something custom done.

I'm just hoping to get some tips in terms of what I should be looking for in terms of materials. My friend who I'm going through said this will be doneout in Japan.

He recommended doing a silk-cashmere blend.

Thoughts. Thanks.

I like how people say that pleated and/or cuffed dress pants are out.

If you have a corporate job, go walk around where the big wheels work......see what they wear......thats right, pleated and cuffed haha

Originally Posted by manamazing55

If you have a corporate job, go walk around where the big wheels work......see what they wear......thats right, pleated and cuffed haha
Out meaning not fashionable. Most corporate big wigs don't care for fashionable; they're more likely to wear traditional looking suits andworkwear ie. pleats and cuffs, traditional fitting shirts as opposed to fitted.

You see too much of them nowadays, the only thing i would buy right now with epaulets would be a trench coat. Blazers, shirts, sweaters etc= avoid. I think part of dressing better is having clothes that will look just as good now as they will in 5 years. That to me means buying minimalist classics that fit your individual body type well.
Epaulets are nothing new. Just like skinny ties, they've been around for a longggg time.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

RFX - where are the pleats? i see a flat front pants with a sharp crease ... but no pleats.

You know what, you are correct once again. Not sure what I was thinking there. I've just always associated the crease with pleats that I completely forgotit is supposed to go all the way up to the waist.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Out meaning not fashionable. Most corporate big wigs don't care for fashionable; they're more likely to wear traditional looking suits and workwear ie. pleats and cuffs, traditional fitting shirts as opposed to fitted.

youre correct. My point is, its not like you look dumb if you wear them, because they are very much "in" in corporate america.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

I'm going to treat myself to a grad present come April and I was thinking about getting something custom done.

I'm just hoping to get some tips in terms of what I should be looking for in terms of materials. My friend who I'm going through said this will be done out in Japan.

Thoughts. Thanks.

Niidawg might be able to help you better with the material but I would go with wool, maybe 120 wool?
At least that is what I would choose for a first bespoke suit.

Originally Posted by wj4

You see too much of them nowadays, the only thing i would buy right now
with epaulets would be a trench coat. Blazers, shirts, sweaters etc=
avoid. I think
part of dressing better is having clothes that will look just as good
now as they will in 5 years. That to me means buying minimalist
classics that fit your
individual body type well.
Epaulets are nothing new. Just like skinny ties, they've been around for a longggg time.

i still think epaulets are great. it can get overboard tho when you see em on shirts or w.e where they shouldn't be...
8891tony_sinclair2.jpg
...always in moderation i say.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

You know what, you are correct once again. Not sure what I was thinking there. I've just always associated the crease with pleats that I completely forgot it is supposed to go all the way up to the waist.

No worries RFX ... i actually thought i was the one missing something.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

I'm just hoping to get some tips in terms of what I should be looking for in terms of materials. My friend who I'm going through said this will be done out in Japan.

Thoughts. Thanks.

Niidawg might be able to help you better with the material but I would go with wool, maybe 120 wool?
At least that is what I would choose for a first bespoke suit.

Super 120s is a great suggestion. Is this a suit you are trying to wear all year round? Would this be your first bespoke (custom) suit?

For a first suit - i think it makes sense to get a 4 season woolen suit. Silk/cashmere will come out buttery ... very nice ... however the problem with it isthat it wont be durable. It should be like a 4th or 5th suit to get ... not a work horse suit.

Outside of Super 120s wool, i'd also recommend silk/wool blend or a wool/mohair blend.

wj4 that collar would bother me. I try to stick with button down collar or a sweater with a tighter V when I'mwearing a V-neck sweater.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

wj4 that collar would bother me. I try to stick with button down collar or a sweater with a tighter V when I'm wearing a V-neck sweater.

+1

Originally Posted by wj4

Wore one of the v-neck sweaters I got at BR a couple of days ago. Even though it was hand washed, it seems to have shrunk a bit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...e3CqQ/s1600/IMG_1605.JPG

i just got a sweater from J crew. Lambs wool i think.
after one wash that thing shrunk a whole size. i'm just gonna give it to Goodwill
but I was highly upset. someone should of told me not to put it in the washing machine

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by wj4

Wore one of the v-neck sweaters I got at BR a couple of days ago. Even though it was hand washed, it seems to have shrunk a bit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...e3CqQ/s1600/IMG_1605.JPG

i just got a sweater from J crew. Lambs wool i think.
after one wash that thing shrunk a whole size. i'm just gonna give it to Goodwill
but I was highly upset. someone should of told me not to put it in the washing machine
you shouldve known. all wool is dry clean only

Back
Top Bottom