Dressing better

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

5dpdee.jpg

Wore this the other night before dinner...got a lot of compliments in Italian. I'm not sure if I can make the jump to grown man shoes just yet.

You pulled the fit off quite well. I will say tho, brown loafers/drivers would have completed the look. Are those jeans RL??

Thanks everyone, y'all have really put me on to some sporty/casual shoes that i've been looking for
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

5dpdee.jpg

Wore this the other night before dinner...got a lot of compliments in Italian. I'm not sure if I can make the jump to grown man shoes just yet.

You pulled the fit off quite well. I will say tho, brown loafers/drivers would have completed the look. Are those jeans RL??

Nah, Levi's 511. Thank for the love tho' everybody.

Originally Posted by ESCO i AM

Originally Posted by RFX45

ESCO, those AM's make more sense now. I wouldn't really wear it but it does work with the shirt, if it is like comign back from a practice or game.
And which Levis are those? 511's?
Levis Red Line.

Uniqlo jacket
2cymas3.jpg

that jacket is
pimp.gif
.. Where are these sold??

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

I love these shoes, had to get every color
About 100$ each

8e91673ce66e0ba725bdd68dd26803315eb44001.jpg

fd5269e3f3e2769f04aadf263f1ec734bef5c08e.jpg

Last Night

Banana Republic
CK Shirt
Perry Ellis Silk tie

f3216d33eb6407aa2d297895d240d80482039fb9.jpg

IMO I think you should stop buying square toed shoes. Them joints are out of style. I'm tired of seeing cats in the club with a louis scarf, glasses etc.but then their shoes are wack. Also, if you want to "bring your suit out" wear a white dress shirt with that same tie.

5dpdee.jpg

This is probably one of the better looks I have seen in this thread. I understand the whole "gotta look grown-up from head to toe"notion but seriously I feel that if your totally comfortable in what your wearing speaks so much more than looking the part.

I really need to step my denim game up though. I'm not really a baller by any means, and to me if I can find some nice jeans under $80 i'll be happy. I have so much boot-cut denim because I wear timb's alot that it gets on my nerves when I put on some clarks and because of the larger opening at thebottom the jeans cover alot of the shoe. I'll have to make the jump from boot-cut to straight fit or regular fit, cuz I can't roll with the skinnyfits.

And I really don't understand all the hate towards square-toed shoes. I can understand that it may not be in-style in the high-fashion respect but Ireally can't see myself wearing pointy shoes right now, maybe my attitude will change with time but right now mostly all of what I wear out tolounges/clubs are square front and I get along fine.

this may have been covered a few pages back but suggestions for nice belts to wear with jeans

this thread is making me get my grown man on.

i own plenty pairs of casual and dress shoes, slacks, buttondowns but i never wear em cuz its rare that i get to go somewhere to rock the stuff so i just stayin polo and keep it moving.

props to the ppl contributing to this thread tho, RFX45, good looks on everything, illuz, fire fit.

5dpdee.jpg

Yo are those polo shoes?
pimp.gif

Esco i am, any more info on the polo boots? Model name? Price?

Are they as high as a pair of standard Timberland construction boots (6") The only reason I ask for a comparison to Timbs is because those are the onlyboots I've worn. Thanks.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

I love these shoes, had to get every color
About 100$ each

8e91673ce66e0ba725bdd68dd26803315eb44001.jpg

fd5269e3f3e2769f04aadf263f1ec734bef5c08e.jpg

Last Night

Banana Republic
CK Shirt
Perry Ellis Silk tie

f3216d33eb6407aa2d297895d240d80482039fb9.jpg

IMO I think you should stop buying square toed shoes. Them joints are out of style. I'm tired of seeing cats in the club with a louis scarf, glasses etc. but then their shoes are wack. Also, if you want to "bring your suit out" wear a white dress shirt with that same tie.

yeah those shoes are wack...and to get the same style but different colors is a waste of money...you have to diversefy

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by pilo1990

Originally Posted by ESCO i AM

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

2cymas3.jpg

info on that jacket?

Uniqlo

where can i get this?

and price

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/ ...purchased a year and half ago for $99.

Esco i am, any more info on the polo boots? Model name? Price?

Are they as high as a pair of standard Timberland construction boots (6") The only reason I ask for a comparison to Timbs is because those are the only boots I've worn. Thanks.
Polo Ranger Boots-$150
They are slimmer than 6" in the toe box and a bit higher.

http://www.oaknyc.com/men/shoes/diesel-plum-kitten
A bit pricey, but some other nice boots.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

And I really don't understand all the hate towards square-toed shoes. I can understand that it may not be in-style in the high-fashion respect but I really can't see myself wearing pointy shoes right now, maybe my attitude will change with time but right now mostly all of what I wear out to lounges/clubs are square front and I get along fine.
Squared toed shoes and pointy shoes aren't really the only option when it comes to shoes. There is a middle ground and square toed shoes justrarely look good.
There's no hate for someone who likes them but it is not just in the high-fashion that it is not acceptable by most, it is generally un-acceptable.
I say stay with the classic rounded toe like the ones I posted a few pages back.

I would always buy new 501's whenever they got dirty instead of washing them because I always heard they got bad once you washed them. I finally washed mypair instead of throwing it away and wow they fit perfectly now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom