Dressing better

true but those are the places i like the most
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I've always wanted a trench coat, sadly it will look ridiculous wearing it in SoCal.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I've always wanted a trench coat, sadly it will look ridiculous wearing it in SoCal.
Yeah, I think the coldest I've ever seen it gets here is in the low 40s.
laugh.gif

I'm going out to eat for my friend's birthday at a nice restaurant and I want to look nice, but casual.
I have a solid dark blue tie that I really like. Working around that, would a light pink shirt, khakis, and black shoes work?

3 days out the week im at weddings, receptions, anniversaries, & parties working.
So this thread is actually quite helpful. (i dont worry about how i dress, i got the uniform to rock black slacks & blue dress shirt)

A few new pick-ups, including the long-awaited Rugby shirts.
2yxhtg6.jpg

161m9dy.jpg

Overall, not bad. The Rugby are pretty slim, even though I got it in size Small. Quality isn't bad either since I got them for $25-$35 each, with $25 offthe order and free shipping.
The only problem I have, is that it is too damn long. Perfect for tucking in I guess, but I was hoping on wearing this untucked.
I can't complain for the price though.

Bonus pic:
It was that time of the year when I buy new socks: Banana Republic, Gold Toe and Paul Smith!
One of the Gold Toe set is cashmere, damn do they feel good!
20zbf50.jpg

I found another great shoe, especially for Spring, this time from Grenson.
Grenson Canvas Shoe
grenson-canvas-oxford-shoes.jpg

image4xl.jpg

So is tapering Standard fitting jeans good or no. Or how about straight leg? I dont bother buying relaxed or boot cut
sick.gif

I only ask because what RFX said about tapering Chinos, i think it looks better so im wondering how it is with jeans.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

the richest men in the world walk around in jeans and a comfortable button up... you guys are tools.

It has nothing to do with money. You want to be a billionaire and walk around looking like Bill Gates, then good for you.
Dressing up well shouldn't hinder someone from being successful.
It's not like we are telling everyone here to buy Armani or Versace.

RFX where did you get those ben sherman plaids at? While in vegas over christmas I was thinking about getting them but not at retail

Macys had them for around $45. I actually monitor Macys for Ben Sherman's alone, currently waiting for some BS polo's to go on sale.
Some nice s/s plaid shirts from BS for spring too, looking forward to Macys reducing them.
Although Loehmann's (a high-end Marshalls) carry Ben Sherman leftovers so you mgiht find some there.
BenSherman.com's US E-Store had them on sale for $40 (or less) too.

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

someone put me onto a good pair of brown ankles, perhaps something like this:

renderImage.image

What's your price range? Alden and Loake are great choices, but could get pricey.
Check out Endless.com and Zappos.com for a great selection.
I say a brown Chukka or Chelsea boot are perfect for everyday wear.
You can also refer to this thread: http://niketalk.com/topic/87723?page=1
happy.gif

I wear outfits like this on a normal basis, but this was at a formal. Wore a Orchid dress shirt from express, tan burberry tie, and some dark sevens. Withgucci shoes(black leather, white sole) and a white belt.
14ipuo8.jpg

Took it down so it doesn't get flamed:tongue:

Jeans and Ties = the corniest look ever . You're not in a boy band , stop . Maybe you should consider a bra and some jeans that fit .

Back
Top Bottom