Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by JPioneer

What kind of shoes would you guys recommend with a suit? I'm about to buy my first suit ever and I need some shoes to go with it...
Any loafer would work. Go to a few stores and try on several pairs and go with the one that fits you the best. I'm probably one of the few here, but I actually really like the square toe box loafers since I have wide feet.

That too. It all depends on your foot. I like with more of a round toe.

Thanks RFX, but yea, AMs have more of a wider shape to them. I went more with comfortabilty/sporty look I guess.

Rest of fit
1493xvd.jpg

Rest of fit with LVs
2m5i794.jpg

Cords
sniiis.jpg

Levis
2heevet.jpg

Clae sneakers
11ac36p.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by JPioneer

What kind of shoes would you guys recommend with a suit? I'm about to buy my first suit ever and I need some shoes to go with it...
Any loafer would work. Go to a few stores and try on several pairs and go with the one that fits you the best. I'm probably one of the few here, but I actually really like the square toe box loafers since I have wide feet.

I wouldn't recommend loafers as a good shoe for suits, it's just too casual. Go with a traditional oxford lace-ups, or bluchers. I also likechukka's or chelseas, it's a good and different look. In brown of course.
Something like these:

Sorry for all the pics.
happy.gif

ESCO, those AM's make more sense now. I wouldn't really wear it but it does work with the shirt, if it is like comign back from a practice or game.
And which Levis are those? 511's?

Originally Posted by RFX45

ESCO, those AM's make more sense now. I wouldn't really wear it but it does work with the shirt, if it is like comign back from a practice or game.
And which Levis are those? 511's?
Levis Red Line.

Uniqlo jacket
2cymas3.jpg

I never considered the Levi's Red Line. I guess they are slimmer than the 514's but not as slim/skinny as 511's.
I have to check it out.

Great denim imo. I lack in the denim department though. Oaknyc.com has some nice things. A friend of mine interns for Hyden Yoo, check out some of hisstuff.

Ralph Lauren Denim
Polo Boots
30j4ux2.jpg

One of my everyday fits

Man Ive been wanting those Polo Boots for about 3 yrs now ... Ive always slacked on em
tired.gif
, those and a pair of Redwings when I get back to the City ... Good fits BTWEsco

Originally Posted by Prowler 23

Originally Posted by TD The God

Where can I cop some nice fitted spread collar shirts for a decent price...or which brands make them? Just got a new job and need to up my wardrobe

Catch the good sales @ macys and get them Tailored , When I was working I used to go in @ macys buying all there 40-60$ classic and regent fit Dress Shirts and would take them to my local tailor and get them taken in on the sides ... usually cost me about 15$ a shirt , so 55$ - 75$ in total
pimp.gif
, I cant wait to get back into the job market ...

Edit : Congrats !!!
Yea thanks gents....I'm in Canada so we don't have a Macy's....but maybeI'll take a trip down to Buffalo and see what I can get...I really hate how normal collars look now....looks like an empty void just waiting to befilled....I'm not big on Brand names right now, I'm just trying to get Quantity with "medium" quality...Banana Repub, Gap, TristanAmerica...even express...but I guess they haven't jumped on as of yet...

Those were just examples and stuff to show off the different sizes right? (Pics posted a few pages back)
Because they weren't well coordinated and lose the designer shoes
Not hate though, just advice

nwc96u.jpg

Loving this, pants should be a slimmer fit but that's IMO.
pimp.gif

Info on the setup (minus the LV Kicks of course).

I'm just waiting for the next Friends and Family to cop Clarks at Footlocker

Just a question with jeans, what good levis are there that are slim fit but not not hugging fit? Also, If i were to buy some Nudies or APC straight leg, wouldit be best to get them tapered? And can someone explain to me what Hem is exactly?

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Just a question with jeans, what good levis are there that are slim fit but not not hugging fit? Also, If i were to buy some Nudies or APC straight leg, would it be best to get them tapered? And can someone explain to me what Hem is exactly?
I like Levi 514, the slim straight fit. I have big thighs so there's no way I can wear the 510 or 511. Regardless of the brand, it dependson the style if it needs to be tapered or not. If it's say, boot cut, with wide leg openings and you don't like that and want a more fitted opening sothe jeans don't cover most of your shoes, yes tapering is the way to go. Getting hemmed means to adjust the length. A lot of expensive jeans out therecome in one standard inseam, around 34''. If you're under 6', it's going to look sloppy on you because the jeans will simply be too long. Getting it hemmed will make the inseam shorter, giving it a more cleaner look.

I'm trying to figure out why my Nudies are so tight in the crotch area.. I sized down on the waist which is tight but bearable, but my junk feel like itsin a death grip, but the legs aren't tight at all for the most part.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I work for the Federal Government so our dress code is sorta laxed, I still do my thing but I prefer drivers/loafers. Trying to get my shoe game right for the spring/summer.
You don't need many pairs for this type of style. I have 3 pairs of shoes I can wear on the regular, and 2 pairs of dressier shoes for rare occasions. I also love these shoes, couldn't believe how well they looked with jeans when I tried them on. With that said, I also bought.
laugh.gif

br547924-01av2v01.jpg

br547924-01av4v01.jpg

Props for posting these, I got them at banana republic reduced from 98 to 68 dollars
pimp.gif

5dpdee.jpg

Wore this the other night before dinner...got a lot of compliments in Italian. I'm not sure if I can make the jump to grown man shoes just yet.

Back
Top Bottom