Dressing better

Originally Posted by Phouvieng

Where is NT's official 'WDYW VOL. Ascot To Match The Socks' thread?
nerd.gif
Here....

LINK

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

All this tapering dress shirts crap...smh. If you want your clothes to fit better just hit the friggin gym. You could be the best dressed guy and ya body justaint right, you wont get play anyway. So I'd recommend that you guys hit the gym along with trying to dress better.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by Phouvieng

Where is NT's official 'WDYW VOL. Ascot To Match The Socks' thread?
nerd.gif
Here....

LINK

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by br00klynrebel

All this tapering dress shirts crap...smh. If you want your clothes to fit better just hit the friggin gym. You could be the best dressed guy and ya body just aint right, you wont get play anyway. So I'd recommend that you guys hit the gym along with trying to dress better.

grin.gif

Oh,

Not quite Common Projects or Generic Man's, but..

S91CHB3zoom1.jpg
S91CHB3zoom2.jpg

S91CHB1zoom1.jpg
S91CHB1zoom2.jpg

Alife; $150, via Karmaloop. Not quite feeling the tumbled leather personally, but it's a cheaper alternative for anyone interested.

Where can I cop some nice fitted spread collar shirts for a decent price...or which brands makethem? Just got a new job and need to up my wardrobe

All this tapering dress shirts crap...smh. If you want your clothes to fit better just hit the friggin gym. You could be the best dressed guy and ya body just aint right, you wont get play anyway. So I'd recommend that you guys hit the gym along with trying to dress better.
Right, because everyone has the same body frame? You have no idea what you're talking about. Example: A built guy who works out at the gymon the regular is suppose to be a small, but has to wear a medium because his big arms due to big biceps and triceps. Without tapering to reduce the width ofthe shirt, it's going to look HORRIBLE on him. And FYI, I do hit the gym, 7 days a week, 2 hours a day.

BUMP!
still need a little help finding some khakis. I have clicked links but nothing appeals to me so much

wj4 I never said to bulk up. I was talking to those obviously out of shape flabby people in here tapering everything. EVERYTHING does NOT need to be tapered.Maybe its just me but I have never needed to taper a dress shirt.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

BUMP!
still need a little help finding some khakis. I have clicked links but nothing appeals to me so much

Give this a try. The pic looks horrible and I haven't tried them but I have heard good thign sbaout them.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=314664&CategoryID=43145

Here's a pic of someone who has them, I don't think it looks bad at all, I just think a little tapering below the knees will help:
image252yl4.jpg

Originally Posted by TD The God

Where can I cop some nice fitted spread collar shirts for a decent price...or which brands make them? Just got a new job and need to up my wardrobe

So you got the job? Congrats!
RL POLO should ahve some and they go on sale often. Just try to get the custom fit if possible.

Originally Posted by TD The God

Where can I cop some nice fitted spread collar shirts for a decent price...or which brands make them? Just got a new job and need to up my wardrobe

Catch the good sales @ macys and get them Tailored , When I was working I used to go in @ macys buying all there 40-60$ classic and regent fit Dress Shirtsand would take them to my local tailor and get them taken in on the sides ... usually cost me about 15$ a shirt , so 55$ - 75$ in total
pimp.gif
, I cant wait to get back into the job market ...

Edit : Congrats !!!

wj4 I never said to bulk up. I was talking to those obviously out of shape flabby people in here tapering everything. EVERYTHING does NOT need to be tapered. Maybe its just me but I have never needed to taper a dress shirt.

The thing is, everyone has different bodies and no matter how much you workout or look good, I will be 98% sure that any suit you get off the rack willstill not fit perfectly.
No one said everything has to be tapered, it is just a way of making clothes fit better. Now if people could find clothes that fit as close to their shape aspossible, which I think it the whole point of the trhead for the past few pages now, then that is good. That is why people are asking for slimmer chinos andbetter fitting shirts.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

ESCO, did those just come out(H&M khakis)? The fit looks great.

Negative. There was no specific release for the graphite damier collection, they did start releasing in early August '08, I believe.

edit*, Don't know about the khakis. Bought them back in early December.

What kind of shoes would you guys recommend with a suit? I'm about to buy my first suit ever and I need some shoes to go with it...

Originally Posted by instant klassic

wj4 I never said to bulk up. I was talking to those obviously out of shape flabby people in here tapering everything. EVERYTHING does NOT need to be tapered. Maybe its just me but I have never needed to taper a dress shirt.
You're really not making sense now. NO fat person needs a shirt taper, if anything, they need a bigger shirt. Taper = Taking and item in width wise.
Exactly. Tapering means to reduce in width. What would fat folks need to taper clothes for? To show off those sexy love handles?

If you haven't had to taper your dress shirts, you either A. lucked out and found a model that fits your built nicely or B. just aren't too pickyabout how it fits. Most people fall under B from what I've seen. Just raise your arms up and if the width pops up extremely wide and the sleeves looklike you're about to go gliding...you need to get it tailored.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

What kind of shoes would you guys recommend with a suit? I'm about to buy my first suit ever and I need some shoes to go with it...
Any loafer would work. Go to a few stores and try on several pairs and go with the one that fits you the best. I'm probably one of the fewhere, but I actually really like the square toe box loafers since I have wide feet.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Anybody know how PF Flyers fit?

From what I read, go a size up. I asked in another thread and one person said he is a 13 in Chucks and a 14 in PF Flyers.
Good luck!

Esco, nice clothes but I don't like the green AM's with the khaki. It looks too big and the color is just out there. The blazer looks good with thevest and tie but the pants is too short and needs a little tapering. The straight leg look just bothers me, maybe it's just me. Overall, not bad.

Back
Top Bottom