Dressing better

yo just helping fellow NTers out!
holiday08_shoes_johnson_black_01.jpg

holiday08_shoes_johnson_tan_01.jpg

40% off at http://www.digitalgravel.com
comes out to 45$
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That thicker insole in the JP makes all the difference.
It is my number one choice when I need sneaker when going out.

I wear strictly 1 pair of jeans for a good year now. (And they're not even RAW denim).. They are $165 RL's I picked up for like $22 at Dillard's.

I've had a pair of Nudies since October, but the sz 36 waist is still a little too tight to wear in public comfortably. I need to lose some pounds quick.

About a month ago I gave away a good 12 pair of jeans to Goodwill (Girbaud, Mecca, Pepe, Guess) all in sz 40-42..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They got absolutely no wear from me because I stopped wearing that crap after HS 04'.

i was about to get in to the jeans(nudies) but once i did a lil looking around and ran into the "dont wash them for 4-6months" i wanted NO part ofit.

Well I wear my jeans about 2-3 times a week max and 4-6 months of no wash on jeans seems ok to me, except in the summer when I sweat on them more often.
So i guess in my situation, that is fine with me but I am not really into going into too much thought and process into wearing jeans.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Jeans are unlike other clothing items though. It's not like your upper body, where its more prone to sweat, cologne rubbing off, etc. Your legs never really perspirate, your undergarments cover your bunghole/schlong, and we all take a shower before putting on clean clothes. I really don't see how they can get dirty unless you like rolling in mud, accidentally gotten something nasty spilled on them, wearing them in the summer, and +@!$*!%! your in your pants. I mean, tell me when's the last time your jeans ever stunk or actually looked dirty? Because it's never happened to me.
well im some what of a mess when it comes to food(everything really im always tripin over something or knockin stuff down
laugh.gif
)but i just dont see how i could go that long with out droping something onthem.

so lets say i make it 6months of 3-4 wears a week after that could i wash them normally ?(atleast once a month?)

im not knocking it cuz i want to step up to that lvl some day but i dont want to bit off more then i can handle

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by RFX45

Let's be fair now, the best jeans out there are all well over $100 such as Nudie, APC, etc...
I think Joe Jeans and Acne jeans are decent to good that can be found at a good discount.
They are more quality built than TR, 7FAM and R&R.

I'm just not a true denim/jeans expert so I can't comment much on it.
Although I would love to get my hands on some jeans that fit and look like these (I believe their Nudie's):
2n7ee01.jpg
Ehh, Nudies are good, but for the price you can get a better deal.

What's really important when investing in pricier denim is knowing the specifics, things like how much they stretch out, shrink when washed, etc. etc.

If you're looking for plain back pockets (something Nudies are criticized for not having), Dior Homme jeans are a pricy, but great option. The pricing is largely due to the Dior brand name, and if you're willing to try out the market there are a lot of cheaper Japanese denim companies which have some of the best product out there, but lack the marketing and publicity. There's several varieties, and if anyone wants more info, my PM box is always open.
I have a pair of uniqlo t-000 jeans. They were 30 on sale and they look and fit exactly like that. I'll be sure to take a picture of themtomorrow

I know some of yall said you weren't Jos A. Banks fans, but they are having a ridiculous sale right now. I think I am about to pick up a couple sweatersfor $24.

You can either go to their website or look at their stuff on Amazon.

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

This is a sort of "urban" forum, thus, with rare exceptions, you will get awful fashion advice.

Some of you guys know what's up though....ik, RFX, etc.

That's kind of ignorant....don't you think? What does being "urban" have to do with knowing how or how not to dress well?
Not ignorant ... maybe poorly-expressed though. What I mean is that, being an "urban" (for lack of a better word) board, most of themembers will follow "urban" clothing trends, i.e. the baggy clothing fad that was big ~8 years ago or the "streetwear" or "highfashion" (wearing Gucci beanies and LV shades and other random, flashy items by famous design houses) trends now. If you don't believe me take a lookat the WDYWT thread or any of the other clothing-related threads in the showcase forum.

None of those styles of dress look remotely good IMO.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by RFX45

Let's be fair now, the best jeans out there are all well over $100 such as Nudie, APC, etc...
I think Joe Jeans and Acne jeans are decent to good that can be found at a good discount.
They are more quality built than TR, 7FAM and R&R.

I'm just not a true denim/jeans expert so I can't comment much on it.
Although I would love to get my hands on some jeans that fit and look like these (I believe their Nudie's):
2n7ee01.jpg
Ehh, Nudies are good, but for the price you can get a better deal.

What's really important when investing in pricier denim is knowing the specifics, things like how much they stretch out, shrink when washed, etc. etc.

If you're looking for plain back pockets (something Nudies are criticized for not having), Dior Homme jeans are a pricy, but great option. The pricing is largely due to the Dior brand name, and if you're willing to try out the market there are a lot of cheaper Japanese denim companies which have some of the best product out there, but lack the marketing and publicity. There's several varieties, and if anyone wants more info, my PM box is always open.
I have a pair of uniqlo t-000 jeans. They were 30 on sale and they look and fit exactly like that. I'll be sure to take a picture of them tomorrow
I've been looking for a pair of those. Where did you get them?
nerd.gif

I don't really post in here giving my input on fashion...but Banana Republic is having a sale for 30% off tomorrow...

You really can't go wrong with The Hundreds Johnson, seriously a very under-rated shoe. I bought the blk, green, and pink/purple colorways around BlackFriday for $40ea. I might pick up another black pair, $45 aint bad at all.

As for washing jeans, unless I goto the club, and get a drink or two spilled on em, I rarely wash them. I agree with I. Klassic, jeans hardly get dirty.

You really can't go wrong with The Hundreds Johnson, seriously a very under-rated shoe. I bought the blk, green, and pink/purple colorways around BlackFriday for $40ea. I might pick up another black pair, $45 aint bad at all.

As for washing jeans, unless I goto the club, and get a drink or two spilled on em, I rarely wash them. I agree with I. Klassic, jeans hardly get dirty.

Back
Top Bottom