Dressing better

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

I'm surprised I haven't seen any True Religion, 7 for all mankind, or Joe Jean love in here
That's because the thread is titled 'Dressing better', not 'I look cool just because my jeans run $100+'.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What kind of Jeans are you dudes wearing then?

Originally Posted by instant klassic

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Nothing with overly bedazzled embellishments on the butt pockets that glimmer in the light along with flared out bootcuts, thats for sure. Please take this to the denim thread.

Gladly...

Let's be fair now, the best jeans out there are all well over $100 such as Nudie, APC, etc...
I think Joe Jeans and Acne jeans are decent to good that can be found at a good discount.
They are more quality built than TR, 7FAM and R&R.

I'm just not a true denim/jeans expert so I can't comment much on it.
Although I would love to get my hands on some jeans that fit and look like these (I believe their Nudie's):
2n7ee01.jpg

I only wear Levis 514 at the moment. They fit me well, but liek I said before, the waist becomes too loose after a few wears.

Which CP are you talkign about? Do you mean Creative Recreation?

As for the fit of that tucked in shirt, that is what you get from a tailored shirt. Get that torso tapered and you will get the same effect.
Of course it will flair out once you start moving and start sitting down but the flairing will be minimal.
Sorry, I meant CR (Creative Recreation) but someone mentioned the shoes you posted were The Generic Men shoes. I looked at how much they run forand my jaw dropped. $250 for casual shoes nowadays is too much.

I read about Common Projects shoes and they're even more expensive, around $330.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I only wear Levis 514 at the moment. They fit me well, but liek I said before, the waist becomes too loose after a few wears.
Levis are cool but overtime the price you pay for them is reflected in the quality.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Levis are cool but overtime the price you pay for them is reflected in the quality.

That is true and I totally agree. But I couldn;t resist them for $20 each at Macys.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I am looking on purchasing more expensive pair or jeans but I am taking my time as I do not wear them as much.
About once or twice a week so my Levis last for a while.

Instant Klassic, you mentioned that BoO is slimmer than Rugby shirts, which is fine but Rugby are slimmer than RL Custom Fit shirts right?
I just need confirmation, although my order cannot be cancelled anymore.
laugh.gif

all jeans stretch , thats why you gotta buy them slightly tighter to get that good Fit ... I made the mistake of buying my Diors sz 34
laugh.gif
, but now that im learning the true elements of style I cant wait to get a pairof APC's or Diors in a 30 to stretch out to my true sz 32
pimp.gif

I don't, when I asked in a denim enthusiasts how to fix the stretching, they simply said to purchase better jeans.
Like i said I am no expert but I did get the Levis tighter but it still stretched to a point that I cannot wear them without a belt.

You guys are really having stretching problems with Levi's? Huh, I have some 539's and a pair of 501s and they haven't stretched yet. How long didit actually take for your problems to start?
I've worn each maybe 15-20 times and no problems yet.

^^^ In general though, it should be slimmer than custom fit right?
I mean I could imagine it being inconsistent in sizing but not to a point that it would be bigger than custom fit or the same size as classic fit, right?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I used to wear nothing but R&R, TR, 7, etc. Basically anything from Nordy. My jean rotation probably ran $3,000+ easily. This was about 2years ago. I sold all of them joints off and SMH at myself for ever wearing them. With the exception of Levi's, now I prefer jeans with no embroidery onthe rear pockets because it looks that much cleaner when you wear it with a shirt tucked in.

PS I've never had any problem with my Levi's..and I've gone through about 10 pairs in the last 6 months. Gradually went down from 36x30 to 34x30 to32x30 to now 30x30. The only pair of jeans that ever gave me a problem was a pair of R&R that ran $250ish. After the first wash, the skull stud fell offfrom the pocket.
laugh.gif

Edit: About the jean stretching, I've never had a pair of raw denim or anything, but every pair of jeans I've ever had regardless of brand stretchedout as you wear them. After washing them, they would feel tight again, but after a couple of wears, they would again stretch.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just got into jeans about a month ago, I'm still making baby steps, but now I see why people areobsessed with the quality of their jeans, it really does make the difference. At the moment, I'm wearing Fremont, Cassette (House of Cassette), andI'm looking into the new Simon Miller Jeans that just dropped not long ago. They retail for $230, but that's retail, they'll be on sale in a weekor two. When I used to wear Levi's, I strictly wore 30X30, but now I buy jeans 30X34, tapered of course, and they fit perfect. Once you wear a goodquality pair of jeans, you'll never go back to Levi's again. I've heard rave reviews about Nudies, and APC, but spending $250 on jeans is justsomething I won't do.

btw, Jeans with no embroidery on the back pockets is a must. I never understood why people wanted these big logos on their *#!, just seems tacky personally. A subtle logo will suffice.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just got into jeans about a month ago, I'm still making baby steps, but now I see why people are obsessed with the quality of their jeans, it really does make the difference. At the moment, I'm wearing Fremont, Cassette (House of Cassette), and I'm looking into the new Simon Miller Jeans that just dropped not long ago. They retail for $230, but that's retail, they'll be on sale in a week or two. When I used to wear Levi's, I strictly wore 30X30, but now I buy jeans 30X34, tapered of course, and they fit perfect. Once you wear a good quality pair of jeans, you'll never go back to Levi's again. I've heard rave reviews about Nudies, and APC, but spending $250 on jeans is just something I won't do.

btw, Jeans with no embroidery on the back pockets is a must. I never understood why people wanted these big logos on their *#!, just seems tacky personally. A subtle logo will suffice.
then nudies and APC should be right up your alley. only nudies RRDS run for more than that

On the subject of Jeans, in the next couple weeks or so, I'm gonna go check out this locally produced jean company called 'Raleigh Denim'.

I''ve heard good things about them.

I figure, if I go straight to the Warehouse, I can find the perfect pairs.

Cause I can't rock w/ those super skinny joints but I also can't really do the baggy look.

http://www.raleighdenim.com

Let's be fair now, the best jeans out there are all well over $100 such as Nudie, APC, etc...
I think Joe Jeans and Acne jeans are decent to good that can be found at a good discount.
They are more quality built than TR, 7FAM and R&R.

I'm just not a true denim/jeans expert so I can't comment much on it.
Although I would love to get my hands on some jeans that fit and look like these (I believe their Nudie's):
2n7ee01.jpg
Ehh, Nudies are good, but for the price you can get a better deal.

What's really important when investing in pricier denim is knowing the specifics, things like how much they stretch out, shrink when washed, etc. etc.

If you're looking for plain back pockets (something Nudies are criticized for not having), Dior Homme jeans are a pricy, but great option. The pricing islargely due to the Dior brand name, and if you're willing to try out the market there are a lot of cheaper Japanese denim companies which have some of thebest product out there, but lack the marketing and publicity. There's several varieties, and if anyone wants more info, my PM box is always open.

Originally Posted by dreClark

On the subject of Jeans, in the next couple weeks or so, I'm gonna go check out this locally produced jean company called 'Raleigh Denim'.

I''ve heard good things about them.

I figure, if I go straight to the Warehouse, I can find the perfect pairs.

Cause I can't rock w/ those super skinny joints but I also can't really do the baggy look.

http://www.raleighdenim.com
you live in NC? im currently on a extended visit in my Mothers house out here in Raleigh , abusing my NY state unemployment insurance
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Prowler 23

you live in NC? im currently on a extended visit in my Mothers house out here in Raleigh , abusing my NY state unemployment insurance
laugh.gif
Yep.

Durham to be exact.

Raised in Charlotte tho'

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Yes it should be slimmer being that it's their younger line, so they go with more modern fits and definitely not like classic fit.

Thanks, as long as it is slimmer than the custom fit, then I think I'm good. I ordered them all in small and I have been told a small in Rugby is a mediumin BoO and a medium in BoO is the same as a medium in Ben Sherman Soho fit, which fits me perfectly. So hopefully that logic and sizing analogy and translationworks.

If I buy a blazer to wear with jeans, should I still have it tailored even though its not going to be buttoned? If so, what parts of it should be tailoredconsidering I buy the size that fits me the best?

^^^ I say yes. Most blazers has a real long sleeve and about 95% of blazers needs that shortened.
The best suggestion is getting it perfect in the shoulders as that is the hardest part to alter.
Get a blazer with a vent and with a slightly tapered torso.
Don't get it too long either and with sport coats, I suggest going with one button, two the most.
Getting the torso and sleeves altered is simple enough with the exception of functioning sleeve buttons.
Be wary of getting functional sleeve buttons altered though, it is not an easy task.

Back
Top Bottom