Dressing better

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

so where can I find these in a size 13? the hundreds never have a variety of sizes on their shop
smh.gif

holiday08_shoes_johnson_black_03.jpg

holiday08_shoes_johnson_tan_03.jpg

help me out, thanx

nerd.gif

^^^ What size do you guys need?
PYS has the camel colorway in size 7, 8, 8.5, 10.5 and 12. Size 7 in black.
Ubiqlife.com has the purple and green colorways in plenty of sizes.

Not me but a good example of a good look/fit overall. I would have worn brown leather boots but the beatdown chucks works too:
antifit2mc58.jpg

Not me again but another good example and just got to love those red shoes:
jasonandclubman.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Can someone recommend me some good brand(s) of shoes beside say clarks, sperry, clae. Nothing too expensive or outlandish just a brand that I could wear to maybe go out/casual. Much appreciated.

Jack Purcell's are a safe bet.
A lot of people hate it but I feel that Creative Recreation isn't half bad.
Generic Man sneakers aren't bad either and cheaper than CP's.
generic-man-ss09-012.jpg
WOW those 1st ones you posted are Super Tuff , where can I find them ?

BTW. I think Thick as Thieves would make so much more money if he used other people than himself as the models
laugh.gif
, cant wait to order my 1st suit though ....

Not me but a good example of a good look/fit overall. I would have worn brown leather boots but the beatdown chucks works too:
antifit2mc58.jpg
I can't say that I agree. There's nothing special about that "fit" anyway. It's a light blue shirt, and some khakis.

It's the simplicity and how it fits that makes it work.
You can't really have any better starting point than that classic look.
It should be a staple in everyone's closet.
Compare than to jeans and a tee or someone with baggier pants and bigger shirt and it just wouldn't look as good.

As for Thick as Thieves, I agree. They need to get some models other than Jason.
You got to admit though, most of the things he wears looks good.
I have been considering ordering a suit from them but I need to make sure of my measurement before committing in making the purchase.
Prowler, post up pics when you receive yours. I think they are kind of backed up though and orders make take 1-2 weeks delay.
Doesn't sound like they are missing business at all.

RFX,

What good, quality, slim fitting button up shirts would you recommend? Im tired of the cheap quality H&M.

Something that fits similar to Band Of Outsiders, but for a more reasonable price.

Thx in advance

RFX,

What good, quality, slim fitting button up shirts would you recommend? Im tired of the cheap quality H&M.

Something that fits similar to Band Of Outsiders, but for a more reasonable price.

Thx in advance

The only one I recommend is the Ben Sherman Soho Fit but I think even those aren't as slim, although they are pretty slim.
I wear a Small in Hugo Boss slim fits while I have to wear a Medium in Ben Sherman's Soho Fit shirts.
The other option is ZARA. I tried one of their slim dress shirts in small and I couldn't even close the buttons.
Quality on Zara isn't the same as BoO but better than H&M. They aren't bad in price either, retail is around $40-$50 and msot go ons ale for around$25-$30.

Nothing really compared to BoO in quality and fit at a much reasonable price. They usually go on sale at end of the seasons though.
Gilt just had a sale on them where each shirt was about $100 each, of course it went by quick.
Eluxury and Barneys usually have these on sale at times, you just have to be lucky enough to spot them.

I just purchased 5 shirts from the Rugby website (I couldn't resist when I found a $25 off coupon).
I'll see how it fits when it arrives in 2 weeks and let you guys know if it is pretty slim or not.
I've heard numerous different opinions on it. Some say it is as slim as BoO while others said it is still 1 size bigger.
I'll find out soon enough . . . I guess.

Compare than to jeans and a tee or someone with baggier pants and bigger shirt and it just wouldn't look as good.
All of that is understood and agreed upon. I just can't rock with the dirty *## Chucks though.
laugh.gif
Clean low tops will do.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

All of that is understood and agreed upon. I just can't rock with the dirty *## Chucks though.
laugh.gif
Clean low tops will do.

I agree, I rather wear some wing-tips with the look but he pull off the chucks well. I certainly won't be caught wearing it with the beat-up chucks.

Originally Posted by Truballa72189

Hey so I decided I want to start dressing better since I am now a sophomore business major in college and usually go to class wearing sweats and a hoody. I feel like as a respectable business man I'll have to dress the part, so although I do not want to start wearing suits to class or anything, I do want to start "dressing up" a little more. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. My wardrobe now consists primarily of plain t-shirts, hoodies, a ton of Jordan stuff (sweatpants, hoodies, 60 pairs of shoes) and I want to gradually start wearing nicer clothes. At first I bought a few Burberry polo shirts, because I want to dress nice, but not just fit in with everybody else. I also subscribed to GQ to try to get some fashion tips. I was just wondering what the next step should be....button up shirts? nice pants/jeans? My roommate said to start with one outfit and work from there, but I just wanted to see if anybody else had any opinions on what to buy, and any reccomendations about this subject at all. Basically, I just want to dress nicer and stand out...where do I start? Thanks in advance!
I say, ferragamo's are nice, for a business atire, maybe lacoste, polo, there are so many things. it depends if your on a budget, i say go toNordstrom and have fun..

dorian_8093.jpg

would anybody wear these shoes? They're made by a womens brand but you can get them in mens sizes. lulz. I think they look alright for casual wear, but IDK

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Can someone recommend me some good brand(s) of shoes beside say clarks, sperry, clae. Nothing too expensive or outlandish just a brand that I could wear to maybe go out/casual. Much appreciated.

generic-man-ss09-012.jpg
What is this shoe called? The only CP shoes I see online are with that toe strap which I can't stand.

I think this look works because of the properly tucked in shirt. I have such a difficult time finding a shirt that looks good tucked it so I can appreciatethis. Usually my shirts flare out and look terrible - this really pisses me the !!$$ off.
mad.gif

antifit2mc58.jpg

generic-man-ss09-012.jpg

generic-man-ss09-011.jpg

generic-man-ss09-04.jpg

sportsman_white_canvas.jpg

chuckman_grey.jpg

golfer_black.jpg

sportsman_natural_canvas.jpg

sportsman_lowtop_grey.jpg
Where do they sell Generic Man shoes at
all these kicks are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23Jordancollector

dorian_8093.jpg

would anybody wear these shoes? They're made by a womens brand but you can get them in mens sizes. lulz. I think they look alright for casual wear, but IDK

It's ok but it is a bit too golf-shoe-like to me. It is like Saddle Sneakers. Not for me.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

What is this shoe called? The only CP shoes I see online are with that toe strap which I can't stand.

I think this look works because of the properly tucked in shirt. I have such a difficult time finding a shirt that looks good tucked it so I can appreciate this. Usually my shirts flare out and look terrible - this really pisses me the !!$$ off.
mad.gif

antifit2mc58.jpg
Which CP are you talkign about? Do you mean Creative Recreation?

As for the fit of that tucked in shirt, that is what you get from a tailored shirt. Get that torso tapered and you will get the same effect.
Of course it will flair out once you start moving and start sitting down but the flairing will be minimal.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

I don't know, I like Keep's other models more. It's basically an even more casual version of a boat shoe, and boat shoes are pretty casual as is. So why not wear real boat shoes or driving mocs?
So you would? I like The Guerra model, and I'm most likely copping it, but you know the brand name on the side is like.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom