Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Been trying to look for some nice wingtips or any type of dress shoes for a while on ebay but really don't know what to search for. I'm looking for a brown/tannish color as well as burgundy.

any help guys?

any help guys? just tryin to use ebay since its cheaper and i dont mind if it has been used lightly (broke college student FTL).

how much are you looking to spend and what is your size?
sz 9

Ill spend up to 200 if it's worth it but I just want to find a deal on some nice versatile shoes. I have a blk pair just want a nice brown/light brown andburgundy shoe.

copped these too from AE

0212_4635_232.jpg

$200 is a pretty big budget, you can probably find a good one, brand new, at Endless.com.
Sometimes, Allend Edmonds goes on sale on that place for $150, great deal and it is free overnight shipping, free returns and free exchanges of up to 365 days.
These AE are $192. http://www.endless.com/Al...nds&sort=shoesbrowserel2 .
41KfRpJsp-L._SL500__SS140_.jpg

This AE cap toe looks great, loving the burgundy color, $199.
http://www.endless.com/Al...len%20Edmonds&sort=price .
41phK00DUHL._SL500__SS140_.jpg

AE makes great quality shoes and once broken in and worn out, you can get them resoled through AE for a fee.
The shoe could definitely last you a lifetime with proper care.

sz 9

Ill spend up to 200 if it's worth it but I just want to find a deal on some nice versatile shoes. I have a blk pair just want a nice brown/light brown and burgundy shoe.
here are some examples from the bay ... and it looks like RFX posted a couple good ones too. These should give you direction as to what type ofshoes you want. Needless to say 200 bucks is a lot and if you search hard and wide, using the examples from below and from RFX's post, you shouldnt have aproblem finding a kick a.s.s shoe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALLEN-EDMON...hoes?hash=item518ccedae7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-EDMONDS-W...hoes?hash=item45ee371a31&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Shoe-9-M-J...hoes?hash=item19b6908fc1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

for $200 you can get an amazing dress shoe. keep an eye on sales on various sites for stuff like AE, alden etc. ebay has some terrific deals if you know whatyou're looking for. I've picked up barely used wingtips for sub-$50 originally paid for over $200. doesn't always happen but patience and know-howis your best friend if you're looking for a steal of a deal.

Thanks guys for the help. I found these the other day and was wondering your opinion on them. A really high BIN (500+) but hoping it I can get it for a steal.

29626.JPG

29627.JPG

29628.JPG

29634.JPG

29633.JPG

also, what do you suggest I search for in my title searches?

First thing I would suggest is know your size.
If you are not familiar with your size in a certain brand, I wouldn't risk getting it from ebay because you can't return or exchange them.
For example, I have plenty of Paul Smith shoes, and the sizes vary from UK7-UK8 and all fit me just right.
So even the same brands has different sizing. Alden has trubalance last, plaze last, barrie last, etc... then theres the width of C, D or M, E, EE, EEE, etc...

Buying shoes like these on ebay isn't the easiest and has risks when it comes to sizing.
When I was starting out, I purchased a size 10 Ferragamo online since I would a size 9.5-10 in Jordans, the SF fit huge on me.
My right size in Ferragamo is actually 8EE or 8.5E, depending on the last.

I do not mean to scare of discourage you but there really is a whole new world of shoe sizing when it comes to dress shoes out there and ebay can be real riskyand a waste if you have no idea of your sizing.
sole searchin, don't take this as an attack or to scare you away, it is a warning to everyone as most have experienced how sizing differs for those who hasstepped out of their sneakers and purchased the Desert Boots or Boat Shoes.

Originally Posted by RFX45

First thing I would suggest is know your size.
If you are not familiar with your size in a certain brand, I wouldn't risk getting it from ebay because you can't return or exchange them.
For example, I have plenty of Paul Smith shoes, and the sizes vary from UK7-UK8 and all fit me just right.
So even the same brands has different sizing. Alden has trubalance last, plaze last, barrie last, etc... then theres the width of C, D or M, E, EE, EEE, etc...

Buying shoes like these on ebay isn't the easiest and has risks when it comes to sizing.
When I was starting out, I purchased a size 10 Ferragamo online since I would a size 9.5-10 in Jordans, the SF fit huge on me.
My right size in Ferragamo is actually 8EE or 8.5E, depending on the last.

I do not mean to scare of discourage you but there really is a whole new world of shoe sizing when it comes to dress shoes out there and ebay can be real risky and a waste if you have no idea of your sizing.
sole searchin, don't take this as an attack or to scare you away, it is a warning to everyone as most have experienced how sizing differs for those who has stepped out of their sneakers and purchased the Desert Boots or Boat Shoes.
Yeah I completely understand what you are saying. I'm a 10-10.5 in SB's, Jordans, Air maxes, etc but for my Desert boots and other dressshoes it's between a 8.5-9. I was just asking on what brands and/or searches i should look for on ebay to save a little money and I was going to go intosome stores and try on that size in that particular shoe before i purchased it on ebay. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the brandsutor mantellassi since I do not.

Sutor is one of the high end shoemakers out there, they should be well made.
As for brands, I would suggest Ferragamo, Cole Haan, Johnston & Murphy, Florsheim, Esquivel, Alden, Allen Edmonds, Edward Green, Crockett & Jones,Trickers, Grenson, Lobb, Churchs, Vass, Santoni and Ferragamo Tramezza.

Ferragamo's are probably one of my favorites, especially since they fit me well. I can get away with wearing Zegna loafers to work, so that's my basicevery day black shoe. I rock with Johnston & Murphy for some browns. I have some Cole Haan drivers which I'm very disappointed in. The quality, IMO, issubpar.

Yeah, sizing and eBay can be risky--I have had that disappointment when I opened the package a couple of times in the past. Try asking the seller formeasurements (length, width at ball and heal). That usually helps. Or, go small and hope the length is ok--sometimes, taking the insole out does the trick.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ferragamo's are probably one of my favorites, especially since they fit me well. I can get away with wearing Zegna loafers to work, so that's my basic every day black shoe. I rock with Johnston & Murphy for some browns. I have some Cole Haan drivers which I'm very disappointed in. The quality, IMO, is subpar.

I'd say Cole Haan is below sub-par, then again I am biased as I hate the brand.
laugh.gif

I believe Zegna is made, or at least was, made by Ferragamo.

so far the only lucky shoe purchase on ebay was a pair of AE that was 1/2size too large. which wasn't too bad in the winter when i double socked. doesanyone have a pair of Lobb's? i can only dream. theres an awesome vid on youtube profiling Lobb and another about Cleverly. watching them makes me want apair so badly

Does anyone know how the AE Suede Desert Boots typically fit? Or Desert Boots in General? I wear an 11 in J's if that matters.

I'm trying to cop before they're all sold out.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ferragamo's are probably one of my favorites, especially since they fit me well. I can get away with wearing Zegna loafers to work, so that's my basic every day black shoe. I rock with Johnston & Murphy for some browns. I have some Cole Haan drivers which I'm very disappointed in. The quality, IMO, is subpar.
Which version do you have? The reason I ask is because I tried on a pair of Cole Haan Gunnisons and the shoe seemed great. Only reason Ididn't buy them was because of the ugly croc pattern and have been trying to find a pair without the pattern.

Cuffs are too big on those Claes.
You got the right idea but let cuff.
Funny, I was just going to post this in the Celebrities Wearing Heat thread but it might work here as well as a suggestion on how Claes could be worn.
Just nice and simple.
Tom-Cruise-in-Clae3.png

Yes, that is Tom Cruise.

Just copped all three pairs in size 11. The 2 suede joints, and the brown leather DBs.

2nd day air of $15 plus taxes of like $7, my total was at 97.XX.

I'm not complaining.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

I want this coat but the price is ridiculous
smh.gif

800x800.jpg
That coat is complete FIRE.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yeah, no way in hell I'm dropping 8 bills on it.
smh.gif

On a side note, my D&G timepiece finally arrived from Gilt. Good looks on puttin' me onto the site, NT.
smokin.gif

EDIT: Just got an email saying my Penfield Jacket shipped, too.
happy.gif

can someone recommend a nice white casual shirt? a crisp white shirt for wear with denim, knit ties, etc. I had a great one from paul smith that i wore foreverbut its seen better days and I need to replace it.

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I feel that the black suit, in a stylish, slim fit has become completely acceptable to wear to work. You can even throw it on with a white shirt and white sneakers for an even less formal look, It is not just for black tie anymore.
Did you just suggest wearing sneakers with a suit? Not some thing many people can do
I was just suggesting it to show how a black suit can be worn as a sporty look. I would be wearing it to work with some lace up, rubber bottomedPrada shoes. Any recommendations on a skinny black suit?

Back
Top Bottom