Dressing better

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I feel that the black suit, in a stylish, slim fit has become completely acceptable to wear to work. You can even throw it on with a white shirt and white sneakers for an even more formal look, It is not just for black tie anymore.
Did you just suggest wearing sneakers with a suit? Not some thing many people can do

Originally Posted by rcdp

I feel that the black suit, in a stylish, slim fit has become completely acceptable to wear to work. You can even throw it on with a white shirt and white sneakers for an even more formal look, It is not just for black tie anymore.
Did you just suggest wearing sneakers with a suit? Not some thing many people can do

Yeah, no offense but I agree with rcdp. A black suit with white sneakers can only be pulled of by Justin Timberlake or maybe Karl Lagerfeld?
It's "fashionable" but I would not recommend that look at all, especially for work unless you work as one of Justin Timberlake back-up dancers.

When it comes to ties and jeans, I try to only wear knit ties with jeans.
I prefer dark jeans, light shirt (maybe white or blue) with some dark knit tie (or skinny tie) and brown dress shoe (maybe even black).
I particularly remember Shia's spread at GQ.
shia4.jpg
shia3.jpg

Add a navy cardigan with that instead of the trench and thats a great casual look.

Originally Posted by specialk619

Those AE desert boots don't seem that bad for the price of 30bucks, anyone have pair? worth the 30?
They're $30 so im not tripping lol

Props to whoever posted the link

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

American Eagle has two colors of desert boots on sale for $29.95. I was holding out for some new Clarks in sand suede, but for this price I got both colors for cheaper than the Clarks. You can search google for a 15% off code as well. My total order came to like $70 with tax and 2nd day air.

Link: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90084&productId=0212_4631&view=Large_265

all the coupon codes i'm finding are expired...you got a working one?

edit - nevermind
smile.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by rcdp

Yeah, no offense but I agree with rcdp. A black suit with white sneakers can only be pulled of by Justin Timberlake or maybe Karl Lagerfeld?
It's "fashionable" but I would not recommend that look at all, especially for work unless you work as one of Justin Timberlake back-up dancers.

When it comes to ties and jeans, I try to only wear knit ties with jeans.
I prefer dark jeans, light shirt (maybe white or blue) with some dark knit tie (or skinny tie) and brown dress shoe (maybe even black).
I particularly remember Shia's spread at GQ.
a suit with white sneakers can be pulled off by anybody with confidence .. you dont have to work for Justin .... just make sure they are simplesneakers ... Clean white Cons , adidas Stan smiths . . . .
But I concur with RFX45 .. stick to dark blue jeans ... doesnt have to be a knitted tie but not a fat grandpa type tie either , something skinny or a couple ofCM wider

Hard to tell but if I had to guess, really dark blue denim.
The jeans in the pic are made by Ksubi if that helps any.
Black denim would work with the look well too.

x4hfdd.png

came across this pull over shirt in the Oct. issue of DETAILS mag and I cant get it out of my mind
does anybody know where I can find something similar ?

Can't see the pics thinkinFRESH, can't see WJ4's pic either.
Stupid work cpu blocks tinypic hosted pics.

What's up everybody...

So I bought some Dockers "slim fit" chinos and decided to TAPEr them at home.
I got some tape and brought one pant leg in from the knee down to see the difference.
Looks much better then before, however, I'm afraid that when I do actually go get them tapered the tailor is going to ruin them or something.
I could've executed this whole thing a lot better if I would've taken my time... but yeah.

Anyways... here are the pics.

3945661020_71005fc130_o.jpg

3945656418_4b76ee462e_o.jpg

3944867297_5e5fd3d601_o.jpg

Might seem like I'm sagging or something... but nah, I'm not.
The angles the pics were taken make things look wierd.

well put together wj4.

wow @ the price on the AE DBs. Although i own the Clark DBs, I'm gonna buy a couple for beat arounds.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

What's up everybody...

So I bought some Dockers "slim fit" chinos and decided to TAPEr them at home.
I got some tape and brought one pant leg in from the knee down to see the difference.
Looks much better then before, however, I'm afraid that when I do actually go get them tapered the tailor is going to ruin them or something.
I could've executed this whole thing a lot better if I would've taken my time... but yeah.

Anyways... here are the pics.

Might seem like I'm sagging or something... but nah, I'm not.
The angles the pics were taken make things look wierd.
the pants have a lot of break, so its not making the tapering look good. you probably need to hem it first, and then taper it.

very adventurous of you. i would not dare do that myself, for fear of messing up my pants.

American Eagle has two colors of desert boots on sale for $29.95. I was holding out for some new Clarks in sand suede, but for this price I got both colors for cheaper than the Clarks. You can search google for a 15% off code as well. My total order came to like $70 with tax and 2nd day air.

0212_4631_232.jpg

0212_4631_278.jpg

Link: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat90084&productId=0212_4631&view=Large_265

thanks was about to jump on the clarks, but these will do and later ill just get some of the beeswax clarks.

came out to $62 after taxes and $7 for shipping.

Anyone have a pair of these? Thoughts?

I agree with Niidawg, fold it up an inch to an inch and a half and you will see it looks much better.
I wouldn't worry about the tailor messing it up much since that is your only choice to achieve the look you are looking for.
Just go to a well known tailor, or a tailor that has been established in the area for a while.

Niidawg I think I recall that you live in ATL. Do you know of any nice hotels in the Buckhead area of Atlanta that aren't too pricey?

I'm going down there this weekend and think I might split a hotel room with some friends as opposed to sleeping on the floor/couch of someones place.

Everything was done in like 5 minutes, so it looks sloppy, but when I really do wear them, they don't look that bunched up. They don't looklike high waters either... just the right amount of break for my liking.

And I didn't mess them up... I didn't split the pants legs in half or anything if that's what you're thinking...I just used tape.
laugh.gif

tony23retro, I think it looks pretty good, actually. You used the heat-induced fabric adhesive tape, or straight up Scotch tape? The length isn't bad,really. Lots of tailors measure where to hem by making the leg sit straight down the back of the leg (no break). The fact that you have a foot is going tocause some sort of break unless you get a much higher hem. Personally, I'd venture for the shorter length, but that's just my preference.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Been trying to look for some nice wingtips or any type of dress shoes for a while on ebay but really don't know what to search for. I'm looking for a brown/tannish color as well as burgundy.

any help guys?

any help guys? just tryin to use ebay since its cheaper and i dont mind if it has been used lightly (broke college student FTL).

Niidawg I think I recall that you live in ATL. Do you know of any nice hotels in the Buckhead area of Atlanta that aren't too pricey?

I'm going down there this weekend and think I might split a hotel room with some friends as opposed to sleeping on the floor/couch of someones place.

ha - i actually live in buckhead so i can give you a few. buckhead hotels will set you back a bit though. the following hotels are all on or right offPeachtree. My bet is that the cheapest will be Embassy suites or Holiday Inn Express. You can price it out on hotwire.com or priceline.com for best rates, butgenerally you will be paying a bit for hotels in buckhead.

[table][tr][td]A.[/td] [td] [h4]JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta[/h4] - marriott.com - (800) 613-2051 - 329 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]B.[/td] [td] [h4] InterContinental Buckhead Hotel[/h4] - www.ichotelsgroup.com - (877) 270-1390 - 383 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C.[/td] [td] [h4]Doubletree Hotel - Atlanta Buckhead[/h4] - doubletree1.hilton.com - (404) 231-1234 - 442 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td].[/td] [td] [h4] Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta / Buckhead[/h4] - www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780 - 86 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]E.[/td] [td] [h4] Staybridge Suites Atlanta-Buckhead Extended Stay Hotel[/h4] - www.staybridge.com - (888) 299-2208 - 71 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]F.[/td] [td] [h4]Grand Hyatt Atlanta[/h4] - grandatlanta.hyatt.com - (404) 237-1234 - 664 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G.[/td] [td] [h4]Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead[/h4] - www.atlantabuckhead.embassysuites.com - (404) 261-7733 - 127 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]H.[/td] [td] [h4]Atlanta Marriott Marquis: a Downtown Atlanta Hotel[/h4] - www.marriott.com - (404) 521-0000 - 773 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]I.[/td] [td] [h4]Beverly Hills Inn[/h4] - www.beverlyhillsinn.com - (404) 233-8520 - 44 reviews
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]J.[/td] [td] [h4]The Mansion on Peachtree, A Rosewood Hotel & Residence[/h4] - [/td] [/tr][/table]

has anyone ordered any shirts from Land's End? I came across this:
http://www.valetmag.com/style/products/2009/the-lands-end-varsity-collar-oxford.php/

my friend's dad is an executive and when hes not getting MTM shirts he swears by land's end stuff. anyone have any experience with them before? Thatparticular shirt in that mag feature is currently on sale and i'm thinking about getting a few. do they fit true to size? any shrinking/stretching? howsthe quality of the tailoring? thanks

Been trying to look for some nice wingtips or any type of dress shoes for a while on ebay but really don't know what to search for. I'm looking for a brown/tannish color as well as burgundy.

any help guys?

any help guys? just tryin to use ebay since its cheaper and i dont mind if it has been used lightly (broke college student FTL).

how much are you looking to spend and what is your size?

Originally Posted by brrraptors

has anyone ordered any shirts from Land's End? I came across this:
http://www.valetmag.com/s...rsity-collar-oxford.php/

my friend's dad is an executive and when hes not getting MTM shirts he swears by land's end stuff. anyone have any experience with them before? That particular shirt in that mag feature is currently on sale and i'm thinking about getting a few. do they fit true to size? any shrinking/stretching? hows the quality of the tailoring? thanks

my middle school uniforms were from lands end lol. but other than that I haven't ordered anything

Back
Top Bottom