Dressing better

Is there such a thing as too many jackets, especially in the same color or model? I recently found about five jackets I want. One I bought, the other is thesame coat in another color, two are plain lettermans and one is another black jacket.
I can almost hear my mother telling me "what a waste.." lol

I personally do not think there is anything wrong with it, it's not so different from buying Jordan XI's in Concords, SJ and blk/red colorway or buyingthe same suit in different colors and materials.
If you like the jacket, it's comfortable and fits great, then why not? Now if you are buying the same jacket in the same color just so you can stock it forlater then that is up to you.

Most people would actually advise you to buy a piece you like that fits you in multiple colors so you can always switch it up a bit.

Originally Posted by joree85

Originally Posted by RFX45

Received the Levis 511 trousers in khaki and grey.
I hate how Levis sizing inconsistencies.
I got both in 30x30 and the waist on the khaki version is about 2-3 sizes too big while the grey one fits almost right at about half a size too big.
I hate it because the 30x30 fits just right by the thighs and legs but when I tried on the 29x30 the thighs were practically painted on even to the calves.
I'm not sure if I want to get the 29x30 and wait for it to stretch or just live with the 30x30 and maybe get the waist tailored.
118.jpg

any info on what these shoes are yet? i need these.

Vuitton "Punchy"

Not sure about in-store, sorry.
Maybe you can ask the cashier to honor that if possible?
That would be my best recommendation and it wouldn't hurt to ask.

class keeps getting between me and these Gilt sales, the guy Billy Reid I talked about before was today, and the sweater I wanted was gone in a Large
oh and BR has a nice little sale going on

Lots of good stuff today actually at GILT.
Billy Reid, Yohji, Tretorn and Gant from yesterday.

By the way, ALIFE sale on GILT this Wednesday.
Look for it to be similar to the Clae sale a month or so ago, so get in there early is anyone is interested.
I really want to stop spending so I hope the John Varvatos on Thursday sucks.

Hey RFX, how much do the LV Punchy sneakers retail for? Also, are there any online retailers of LV shoes?
nerd.gif

LouisVuitton.com is the only online retailer for LV.
The regular leather LV Punchy retails for $560 and the Damier retails for $515.
I usually just post it at the High-End threads because I didn't want to bring a non-needed hate but since KingTre outed me
laugh.gif

More fit pics, just love the shoe overall.
fit10.jpg

I usually just post it at the High-End threads because I didn't want to bring a non-needed hate but since KingTre outed me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
my fault- i just saw like 3-4 questions regardingthem...and i mean its clear you werent just brand whoring and showing pix of the logo so its whatever...dont see why anyone would hate
http://vuitton.com/web/flash/index....AUPU?buy=1&langue=en_US&direct1=home_entry_us

No biggie, I'm just messing with you.
Just didn't want to bring any more negativity to the thread, but it's all good.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

7efd3e77f5322daff620109206f2bddeda3fdfe6_m.jpg

I like this look, but I typically wear socks to work, and I'm not bold enough to cuff my dress pants, yet.
can someone recommend some shoes like the ones on the right.

No biggie, I'm just messing with you.
Just didn't want to bring any more negativity to the thread, but it's all good.
pimp.gif
its too late for the hate anyways...people already saidthey liked em and wanted more info...now the price might turn em off but it is what it is

i still say elan > punchy tho
laugh.gif

That's true, but then again they didn't see the LV logo before so that might add to the turn off along with the price.
I still love my Elans but my pair probably won't get much wear this fall/winter season. I still have these 3 LV's and the Lanvin hi-top to break in.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Grimey

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

7efd3e77f5322daff620109206f2bddeda3fdfe6_m.jpg

I like this look, but I typically wear socks to work, and I'm not bold enough to cuff my dress pants, yet.
can someone recommend some shoes like the ones on the right.

Alden longwings in black.
975.jpg
AF75_1.JPG

Thanks for the info RFX. The regular dark pair is amazing.
pimp.gif
also, who cares if a few salty NTer's hate on the shoes?
laugh.gif
it's not like you weretrying to blatantly show them off just because they were LV.

laugh.gif

the pants look familiar. where are they from?

Originally Posted by AF187

ok , i will go to the tailor tomorrow and do what RFX45 said. is it to long too ? how much shorter should it be ?

EDIT:i mean where should it normally end ? under the ankle ?

might make sense to just return them and invest in another pair. you will be set back 10-15 for a hem, and another 15-20 for a tapering. if you add that to theoriginal price of the pants, i bet you, you can find a better fitting chino for less than the total price.

just a thought.

Lots of good stuff today actually at GILT.
Billy Reid, Yohji, Tretorn and Gant from yesterday.

By the way, ALIFE sale on GILT this Wednesday.
Look for it to be similar to the Clae sale a month or so ago, so get in there early is anyone is interested.
I really want to stop spending so I hope the John Varvatos on Thursday sucks.
Yes sir. Tretorn had a nice selection. Copped a sweater & khakis.

Really looking forward to the ALIFE x John Varvatos sale.
pimp.gif

I really gotta stop spending..Rent's almost due AGAIN!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

laugh.gif

the pants look familiar. where are they from?

Levis 511 trousers from PacSun.

Agreed with Niidawg, if it is a pair of pants you can return and you can keep looking, I would.
But then again, the pants were $25-$30, at least last time I tried them on, and for even with all the tailoring cost, I'm not sure a slim pair of chinosare available for $50-$60 that would fit as well as the one he has after it's been tailored to fit him.
I, myself, is still looking for a slim slacks/chino otr for a reasonable price (<$50). So far, still not much luck.

RFX and Kingtre - Thanks for posting up info on the Punchy shoes. I'll try to find myself a pair in that brown colorway in-store (can't seem to find itonline).

Back
Top Bottom