Dressing better

I really like TOJ varsity jackets. was looking for one like a month ago then finally saw the price they're charging and decided against

I think $300 for a custom varsity jacket that actually fit well is a good price.
I mean you get to pick the color combo, that is one of the best features in the TOJs.
I also heard quality is top notch.

I like it that CP is branching to different colors and finally having midsoles darker than the uppers.
That burgundy leather looks great.

fit from just the other day

6291_786583079101_6002487_44621793_1461340_n.jpg

i would like to start dressing better, more maturely, whatever the %+#+ ever you want to call it but im a big dude
6'3" 230, and im pretty lanky, long arms + torso
where can i look for clothes that will fit me
thanks in advance

I think I heard that J Crew clothes fit slim?

I'm thinking about getting some pants on ebay and they're ending in the morning but I was worry about the fitting.

Usually I wear a size 34 in pants/jeans would a 34 j crew pants?

They're labeled " J Crew vintage chinos regular fit tan cotton pant"

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Ah man I really want to get a trench, but I mean I'm in SoCal. I'll tell myself Pea Coat>Trench Coat
Trenches are usually thinner than pea coats aren't they? I actually think you'd have more opportunities to wear a trench coat than a peacoat in socal.

Does anybody know where I can get a nice denim long sleeve shirt. I had my eyes on this one at H&M but it sold out.

What's the bet fit jeans to wear with boat shoes so that the cuff stops at the laces?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Ah man I really want to get a trench, but I mean I'm in SoCal. I'll tell myself Pea Coat>Trench Coat
Trenches are usually thinner than pea coats aren't they? I actually think you'd have more opportunities to wear a trench coat than a pea coat in socal.

Not all trench coats are thin, some are actually real thick and and wool.
Even the water proof ones has lining that makes it pretty warm.
Overall, I think the trench coats look in SoCal won't work especially since it rarely rains here.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I think I heard that J Crew clothes fit slim?

I'm thinking about getting some pants on ebay and they're ending in the morning but I was worry about the fitting.

Usually I wear a size 34 in pants/jeans would a 34 j crew pants?

They're labeled " J Crew vintage chinos regular fit tan cotton pant"

No way is J. Crew slim. Their regular fit is pretty big and roomy, maybe not as baggy as Ecko or Phat Farm but they are in the Nautica/Tommy Hilfigerterritory, or close to it.

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by iBlink

What's the bet fit jeans to wear with boat shoes so that the cuff stops at the laces?

Levi's 514 do the trick for me

No, do not do 514's, since it is straight leg and if you get it without any break, it'll look weird with boat shoes, trust me.
It looks like a straight fit bell bottoms but high waters if worn with boat shoes or low profile sneakers.
I would suggest a more tapered leg opening, about less than 8" opening should work.
I wear Levis 511's now and I try to get it with the least break as possible and it looks much better.
Overall, it isn't the fit that determine if the jeans lands exactly on the top of the shoe for a no break look, it is the inseam or length of the pants.
If you can't fit in a Levis then you other option is probably getting it hemmed by the tailor.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Hey is it rule of thumb to a formal event, black pants/black shoes?

I wouldn't say that is a rule but usually, it is one of the very few places you can get away with black pants with black dress shoes.
I would personally wear a black jacket or complete the look as a suit because black pants, black shoes, black tie and white (or black) shirt screams waiter tome at times.

RFX ... I need help !!

I am tall thin dude at 6 ft 5 / 190 lbs ... My dress shirts always puff out in the back ..

I can never seem to find a brand that fits great for slender dudes ... What name brand should I be looking for that doesnt retail for over $45 bucks (Yes, I amon a budget) ...

For pants, I do banana republic most of the time but w/ shirts I just never seem to get a nice fit !!

Help me out !! Dress shirts !!

The $45 price tag can be real barring, especially off the rack.
I would suggest H&M or ZARA, their shirt retail for $20-$40, which isn't bad.
Uniqlo is a good place to check out if you are anywhere near NY.
RL Rugby sometimes puts their stuff on sale for $25-$40, constantly check out rugby.com and wait for POLO to come out with a coupon for a good deal.
They are slim and long, perfect for shirts meant to be tucked in.
Other than that, I would just suggest waiting for sale at Macys and scope out the Slim Fit Hugo Boss shirts.
I got a few for around $35-$45 before.
I also just discovered that Hugo Boss has an Extra Slim Fit shirts, probably the best fitting shirt I have ever tried on, very close to the body, and I own aBoO.

Another option is just bring the shirts you already have to a tailor and try and get them slimmed down to your size.
It should be around $10-$15 each shirt.
Good luck.

whats good my dude-

im sure others will chime in

but you should try and get slim fit or modern fit shirts- the regulars will end up to big because you need a certain size on the neck and the sleeves but youare slim -

i get alot of buttons ups that come in slim or modern cuts from express...i think H+M has em as well

also if you hit macys you can get some ralph laurens in your price range - again avoid the regular cut and go for slim, euro, modern or whatever thatparticualr brand calls it

if that fails you might have to hit a tailor with your favorite shirts and make em work that way-

good lookin' my dudes
pimp.gif
... Gonna save up some $$$ or hit up century21 and see what they have ...

Tre I gotta link you too .. I'll hit you up later, in the office right now.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

RFX ... I need help !!

I am tall thin dude at 6 ft 5 / 190 lbs ... My dress shirts always puff out in the back ..

I can never seem to find a brand that fits great for slender dudes ... What name brand should I be looking for that doesnt retail for over $45 bucks (Yes, I am on a budget) ...

For pants, I do banana republic most of the time but w/ shirts I just never seem to get a nice fit !!

Help me out !! Dress shirts !!
There's a very easy solution...go to a good tailor and have the width taken in, with my tailor I pay $15 a shirt. That's what I do withall of my shirts. The hard part is finding a shirt that fits you well around the arm, you don't want it too snug that you can't hug yourself (it'sa test used by many people) as the material doesn't stretch like t shirts. And of course you don't want it too loose that it looks like you'rewearing someone's shirt.

Back
Top Bottom