Dressing better

Here's a difference. Shirt one is off the rack. Shirt two had the width taken in. Small details make the biggest difference.
11qhidz.jpg

v8h3md.jpg

Can someone name me brands that are affordable & slim fitting?

I know H & M is one, how about Banana Republic? Thanks in advance

Zara is the only other option I would say that are particularly slim and affordable.
Others on sale, as I mentioned a few post up, Hugo Boss and RL Rugby.
Frankly, those are still too baggy for me so it depends on your build and frame.
Uniqlo and Asos are supposedly relatively slim, maybe even slimmer than H&M.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Zara is the only other option I would say that are particularly slim and affordable.
Others on sale, as I mentioned a few post up, Hugo Boss and RL Rugby.
Frankly, those are still too baggy for me so it depends on your build and frame.
Uniqlo and Asos are supposedly relatively slim, maybe even slimmer than H&M.

Thanks a lot, you've been a big help. I'll go check out Zara's this weekend

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by iBlink

What's the bet fit jeans to wear with boat shoes so that the cuff stops at the laces?

Levi's 514 do the trick for me

No, do not do 514's, since it is straight leg and if you get it without any break, it'll look weird with boat shoes, trust me.
It looks like a straight fit bell bottoms but high waters if worn with boat shoes or low profile sneakers.
I would suggest a more tapered leg opening, about less than 8" opening should work.
I wear Levis 511's now and I try to get it with the least break as possible and it looks much better.
Overall, it isn't the fit that determine if the jeans lands exactly on the top of the shoe for a no break look, it is the inseam or length of the pants.
If you can't fit in a Levis then you other option is probably getting it hemmed by the tailor.

Pics for reference?

pLEVI1-3450336p275w.jpg
514s
511_Levis_Silver_Beret_Front_M.jpg
511s
AAAACwtz8YkAAAAAAB-QYQ.jpg
510s

I am not sure if this helps but you can look at them all in a line and make a decision for yourself. I would say if your going for skinny go with 511s and ifyour going for skinny and tight 510s. But it might just be easier to go to a store that carries them all and try them on with your boat shoes. I know UrbanOutfitters has many different types of Levis but they are kind of pricey

What's the bet fit jeans to wear with boat shoes so that the cuff stops at the laces?

No, do not do 514's, since it is straight leg and if you get it without any break, it'll look weird with boat shoes, trust me.
It looks like a straight fit bell bottoms but high waters if worn with boat shoes or low profile sneakers.
I would suggest a more tapered leg opening, about less than 8" opening should work.
I wear Levis 511's now and I try to get it with the least break as possible and it looks much better.
Overall, it isn't the fit that determine if the jeans lands exactly on the top of the shoe for a no break look, it is the inseam or length of the pants.
If you can't fit in a Levis then you other option is probably getting it hemmed by the tailor.

Pics for reference?

Sure, keep in mind both jeans are 30x30 and Levis.

Levis 514's with practically no break.
As you can see, the straight fit is really straight from the thigh to the hem/leg opening.
Doesn't look like it tapers much or at all. I think this look will only work with boots or bigger/bulkier sneakers like Jordans or Nike.
p111.jpg

Levis 511's with practically no break.
You can see it tapers from the thigh to the hem/leg opening, which is more ideal and looks better with low profile sneakers, dress shoes, loafers or boatshoes.
j110.jpg

Pics for reference?

As you can see, the straight fit is really straight from the thigh to the hem/leg opening.
Doesn't look like it tapers much or at all. I think this look will only work with boots or bigger/bulkier sneakers like Jordans or Nike.
p111.jpg

You can see it tapers from the thigh to the hem/leg opening, which is more ideal and looks better with low profile sneakers, dress shoes, loafers or boat shoes.
j110.jpg

in my opinion, your shoe size comes into play on this. because when i wear 514s with loafers, you can see the sides of my socks by the tongue. if i were towear 511s with them it would just look ridiculous. probably make me look like i have clown shoes on.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Pics for reference?

You can see it tapers from the thigh to the hem/leg opening, which is more ideal and looks better with low profile sneakers, dress shoes, loafers or boat shoes.

in my opinion, your shoe size comes into play on this. because when i wear 514s with loafers, you can see the sides of my socks by the tongue. if i were to wear 511s with them it would just look ridiculous. probably make me look like i have clown shoes on.

That is true but overall, with the 514's, I would rather have a break in it with stacking than no break, I think at that point, it is all about personalpreference.
The 514's leg opening is 8.5" and the 511's are 7.5" so maybe to some, getting 514's and getting it tapered to 8" will work best?

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by wj4

Here's a difference. Shirt one is off the rack. Shirt two had the width taken in. Small details make the biggest difference.
11qhidz.jpg

v8h3md.jpg

na ma du.
laugh.gif
@ na ma du ...

But good looks everyone .. wj4 good looks on the picture joint, tailoring might be the way to go ...

RFX like I said, Century 21 by my job should have some dress shirts made by designers that have that european/modern cut ... I hate the "my shirt is toobig" look .. Being skinny FTL
tired.gif

Pics for reference?

p111.jpg

j110.jpg

What type of pradas are those?
eek.gif

Hey I was searching google but couldn't find an answer but is it possible to hem cord pants?

I bought some from H & M but they're too long

I went to Barnes and Noble to waste time between classes and ended up buying The Sartorialist.
Some real nice stuff, one day I'd want my style to mature like some of the older gentlemen in there.

What's "na ma du?" Is that an illiterate spelling of "Nah, my dude?"
laugh.gif

I'm just posting up pix that I thought would be helpful to the dude. Regardless of you fellas think, I'm still going to do me.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I went to Barnes and Noble to waste time between classes and ended up buying The Sartorialist.
Some real nice stuff, one day I'd want my style to mature like some of the older gentlemen in there.
It's just wild because he got EVERYTHING. From pictures of Kanye and Armani to an ex drug seller in Harlem who got the suit as a payment froma customer. I'm 1/3 way done. His stuff is wanting me to carry my DSLR around.
laugh.gif

very unique look JKissi

RFX keeps dropping the knowledge. Respect my dude. I just cant seem to keep up with the thread and questions, so you are doing a great job doing that.

for the guy who asked about dressing for a formal event - what type of formal event is it? If it is a black tie event, you definitely want to be in a blacksuit. the rule of thumb is, if it is formal, and its evening, you want to wear black - ideally a tux.

fits from the week:

Back
Top Bottom