Dressing better

niidawg3 - you're alright with me man.
Out and about today. Rugby and Adidas Stan Smith 80's (much better than the Stan Smith that are normally seen).
5n33r.jpg

are there any thicker khaki pants for cooler weather? the only kind i have are Polo and they seem kinda thin

Nildawg's fits are dope!

And Donjuan, I'm digging the solid shirt contrasting with the printed pants. Pretty clean way to be noticed.

NT's swag maturing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

niidawg, how long has it taken to build your wardrobe to what it is today?

thats a difficult question to answer because i have been a fan of clothes/styling my whole life. Added to that i've gone through phases, from hand-me-downs from my brothers to j's and nikes in high school/college, to the kenneth cole square toe shoes era till now. i have maintained items from each phase and still use elements of those now. example, my white shirt above, i got about 8 years ago, however my blue tie is like a year old.

in short, i'll say to consistently dress like i do now took me maybe 1-2 years? thats when i really started focusing on dressing more maturely. Dressing better has always been sometime i strived for whether wearing J's, khakis, hand-me downs or suits.

hope that helps.
Definitely. I just find myself trying to go out and buy literally everything all at once to make up for mistakes from the past.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

niidawg3 - you're alright with me man.
Out and about today. Rugby and Adidas Stan Smith 80's (much better than the Stan Smith that are normally seen).
5n33r.jpg

thanks for all the feedback. yo Ty, i like your style too. Especially liking those pants with the Stan 80s. my only feedback will be to lose/hide theundershirt. i feel like it distracts from the fit a little.

quick shot of my fit today:

Was pretty cool all morning, but gave up on the jacket around 3pm when the heat picked up ... lol:

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Went to Off Saks to get a belt, and I found these for $40...

33bza8l.jpg

was there an extra discount for these? i've visted 2 off saks and they were both selling these at $60. couldn't justify the price for thecomfort/terrible fit. i sized down 1, almost 1.5 on these. good pick-up though.

anyone know the best brands for casual dress shirts/ button ups ? im very slim and tall so its hard to find good ones since dress shirts dont look right if itstoo big. also nothing too expensive please, thanks

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

niidawg3 - Lose the glasses, you look 50.
lose your life, how you tell someone to drop something that i'm sure is essential to his everyday function?

Originally Posted by diew its james

anyone know the best brands for casual dress shirts/ button ups ? im very slim and tall so its hard to find good ones since dress shirts dont look right if its too big. also nothing too expensive please, thanks
Kinda an oxymoron that you want the best brands and don't want to spend too much.

Your best bet would be to visit the big and tall section at J. Crew, Gap, BR, etc. and get whatever fits you the best lengthwise. And go take the width in foran extra $10-20 at a tailor shop.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Went to Off Saks to get a belt, and I found these for $40...

33bza8l.jpg

was there an extra discount for these? i've visted 2 off saks and they were both selling these at $60. couldn't justify the price for the comfort/terrible fit. i sized down 1, almost 1.5 on these. good pick-up though.
They were originally $54, but w. the discount they got marked down to $41....

Off Saks usually sends out weekly flyers via email (also have stuff in-store as well) for sales and what not.....

*I gotta give both Nildawg & DonJuan props....yall really know how to pull of certain fits. The way you all dress is not my style at all, but you bothdefinitely make it work for you without looking ridiculous....

Originally Posted by diew its james

anyone know the best brands for casual dress shirts/ button ups ? im very slim and tall so its hard to find good ones since dress shirts dont look right if its too big. also nothing too expensive please, thanks
Ralph Lauren custom fit works for me and i'm also tall/slim. If you're worried about costs hit up the outlets or check out ebay.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Where can I get some white linen pants??

Banana Republic is the first that comes to mind. and since summer is about over they'll be on sale soon

Originally Posted by GQ smooth 4

diew its james wrote:

Ralph Lauren custom fit works for me and i'm also tall/slim. If you're worried about costs hit up the outlets or check out ebay.

best thing to do if you want high quality at discount prices is to find big time outlets. I don't mean off 5th or Nordstrom Rack, those are cool, but Imean outlet malls like in Orlando, and hope you get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom