Dressing better

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

How do Clarks Desert boots fit??? I normally wear a 8 1/2 in nikes..
This has been covered at least 5 times so far. Just look back a couple of pages where I gave my input.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^ That's too much.
For the price, I would pay $50 and get these Paul Smith on sale @ Barneys:
PG_104317536_TH.jpg
my dude
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the toe looks mad long/weird though. think its just the pic?

edit: also i been eyeing a lot of these....might as well post them for NTers

digging these CK's a lot:
8835-700593-d.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/product/7443644/color/50684

41IK%2B3-myZL._SL500__SS140_.jpg

http://www.endless.com/dp...;creativeASIN=B001NCDRHM

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ESCO i AM

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

What spots in NYC carry Sperry Topsiders or Sebago's (sp) regularly?
David Z.

My desert boots after months of wear...
Shoemania is closing down
50% off of both sebagos and Clarks
30 E 14th st has 2 locations (union square)
and there are other locations in NYC

pimp.gif

Haha damn I was like for $50 those are the steal of the century. Anyway, I'm not in the position to pay $150+ for boots right now. Those CK's for $90are looking very nice. I'm gonna pull the trigger pretty soon I think.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

How do Clarks Desert boots fit??? I normally wear a 8 1/2 in nikes..
This has been covered at least 5 times so far. Just look back a couple of pages where I gave my input.

I must have overlooked it before because I looked back a few pages. Since I normally wear dress socks with boots like you said I went down 1.5 sizes.Nordstroms takes returns in store so if they dont I'll be taking a trip there. Thanks!

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I have an awful habit of checking out lookbook every day.
most of the stuff is straight mo, but i guess whatever works for them.
i've been wondering about this coat ever since i saw it. does anyone have any info on what it's called and where to find one similar
259275_Military_Day.jpg
I really like this jacket also. My experience with rakish looks like this is the jacket looks very silly unless you're constantly posed witha swagger, standing smoking a cigarette. Meaning, if you're walking around and wearing this jacket for anything other than a photo shoot, it looks silly.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Anybody else like cargo pants/shorts? I know they're not necessarily in-style anymore or a classic look which is mostly what is being showcased here, but I still like them and feel comfortable in them. Now, I would obviously never wear them to a formal event or in a professional environment, and my style is usually pretty JCrew/Polo/preppy, but I'm a fan. I'm normally one to step outside the box when it comes to things anyways, I'm not one for cliches, so I think I'm going to get another pair. A pair of these and a t-shirt, polo shirt, or even sweater when you're just hanging out is good for me.

Anyways, I might get ragged on for bringing this up but...I wear what I like/what I'm comfortable in, just seeing if anyone else still liked them.
Cargos are FTW.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ESCO i AM

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

What spots in NYC carry Sperry Topsiders or Sebago's (sp) regularly?
David Z.

My desert boots after months of wear...
Shoemania is closing down
50% off of both sebagos and Clarks
30 E 14th st has 2 locations (union square)
and there are other locations in NYC

pimp.gif

Again good looks with the info.

Went by there today it was a damn madhouse in there.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Picked up a pair of Sebago's for myself and a pair of Clark's Desert Boots (those same Dark Chocolate Suede joints) for a friend I paid $39 for myshoes.

They also had Kenneth Cole and other Quality Brands when it comes to Dress Shoes.

anybody been to Woodbury Commons Outlet in NY?
Is the trip worth it from Manhattan? I've heard mixed reviews in terms of deals.

Going out in a bit with mom to do last minute shopping before the vacation. Going to wear the brown CK wing tips I got a while back with the outfit. I'mactually going to go look for a brown belt too.
laugh.gif
I only have a black one and a tan one at the moment.
avpt2x.jpg

Got my first pair of Clarks and my other pair of brown loafers.
pimp.gif

I'm loving these Clarks. Can't wait to wear them.

Good spots in NYC to get quality Khaki's?

There a J. Crew Store in the city?

You have a lot of options since NY is the Mecca of all shopping.
For somewhat affordable but quality khaki's, other than J. Crew, check out Brooks Brothers.
Check out the RL Rugby store too, they have some nice fitted khaki's that isn't priced high.
They are moving their items as well so some are on sale.
I'm not from NY though so I am not sure where these places are at but I am pretty sure they have all those stores in NYC.

Nice loafers and DB DStaxx. It will be your best friend since it just goes with almost anything.

I'm going to vegas for my 21st birthday and I was wondering if you guys can give me advice on what shoes to wear? I'm planning to go to XS and Tao.I've never been to a 21 and up club before so I really don't know what to wear. Any help would be great. Thanks!

DB's are awesome and very comfortable. Doesn't hurt the pockets much either.

Originally Posted by allboutkobe

I'm going to vegas for my 21st birthday and I was wondering if you guys can give me advice on what shoes to wear? I'm planning to go to XS and Tao. I've never been to a 21 and up club before so I really don't know what to wear. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Wear comfortable dress shoes. Unless your on the VIP list, chances are they won't let you in with sneakers and jeans on.
Wear something you don't mind getting stepped on either but once your in, your shoes should be the last thing on your mind so you really just need to becomfortable when it comes to footwear.

^I'll be on the VIP list so I was planning to just wear jeans with either a button up or just a white v-neck since it'll be pretty hot. Do you thinkboots or boat shoes would be ok?

Originally Posted by allboutkobe

^I'll be on the VIP list so I was planning to just wear jeans with either a button up or just a white v-neck since it'll be pretty hot. Do you think boots or boat shoes would be ok?
You probably won't be okay going to XS with that on.

And even if you were, you're in VEGAS at the best club there is. Do you really want to dress like a scrub when everybody else is dressed to impress?

By boots do you mean Timbs?
If so, that may not be a good look, even if it is black.
If it is some plain toe leather boots like:
s8xd-b155-cub-n3-16114.jpg

or
10qvzpf.jpg

Which could pass as a dress shoe when worn with pants, then I think that's ok and would actually be out of the norm, in a good way.

Boat shoes... I personally wouldn't wear boat shoes to a club.
Even loafers are pushing it for me, but that's just me.
I think black loafers are acceptable, I just wouldn't wear it.
I don't think boat shoes are acceptable though, not in the club at least.

Back
Top Bottom