Dressing better

Macy's is having decent sale on the rack for dressier shoes. I got this CK wing tips for $52 taxed.
ruxrfp.jpg

After 4-5 months of waiting, it finally arrived.

Alden Indy Boots
indy_110.jpg

indy_310.jpg

indy_210.jpg

Just ignore the cuff on the jeans although I think it works well with it.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

TOBI

GETOUT40 for 40% off, except these restricted brands:
Anthony Logistics for Men, A.P.C., Comme des Garcons, Hudson Jeans, Nixon, Robin's Jeans, T by Alexander Wang

even on common projects!

USE JUNE09 for 15% off storewide, INCLUDING the restricted brands.

EDIT: #$!+ is expired, total crap

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Where can i get those khaki-colored Levi's, and how much would they run me?

You are asking a pretty broad question. What kind of fit are you looking for? They make khaki jeans in almost every style, although I think this quarter onlyoffers a Khaki in the 501 style if I'm not mistaken (more on the relaxed side of fit to me).

They do make a 511 in a Khaki color which is a true skinny, as well as a khaki "Slim" 514, and a "Slim Trouser" which has the same legwidth as the 514 cut but has trouser style pockets and a slightly different back pocket. I believe they also made their vintage straight (similar to a 501 legwith a slightly lower rise) in a khaki color two quarters or more ago I believe, but I haven't seen those in a while.

The 501 will run you $59.50 online or from a levis store, but you might cop less at macy's/jc penny on a sale if you get lucky. The 511/514/Trouser are allolder styles and might be found on sale for 50% off or more in store, but I think they took them down online. I know I found the Trousers in both White andKhaki for $29.90 recently, I sized down one from my natural size and they fit exactly how I like basically. Great more casual pants that you can still dressup.

Hope that helped.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Alden Indy Boots

indy_210.jpg

those the Alden shoes?'
yeah it is just checked, those are so nice. just can't bring myself to getting them though
anything similar but at a lower price

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by donjuan513

New shoes for me, Fred Perry x Raf Simmons Tassel Moccasins.

339hda9.jpg

What I wore them with.
2f0abgz.jpg

this is the first time EVER, youve posted shoes that I absolutely hate.
ohwell.gif

nice shirt. make/label?

Originally Posted by wj4

Macy's is having decent sale on the rack for dressier shoes. I got this CK wing tips for $52 taxed.
ruxrfp.jpg

very very nice ... please check your pm.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Alden Indy Boots

indy_210.jpg

those the Alden shoes?'
yeah it is just checked, those are so nice. just can't bring myself to getting them though
anything similar but at a lower price

I am sorry but there really isn't an alternative to these Alden Indy Boots.
The quality on these are superb though and it would probably last you a decade or more so it is a great investment.

Yo you can dress more formal and still wear all your sneakers. I'm 15. I shop at BR, AX, and I wear a lot of polos but I still wear Jordan nd stuff. Ithink it balances out good. I don't think you should go from wearing hoodies and sweatpants everyday to wearing button up shirts and ties. try to Find abalance. just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Lunatic 809

Yo you can dress more formal and still wear all your sneakers. I'm 15. I shop at BR, AX, and I wear a lot of polos but I still wear Jordan nd stuff. I think it balances out good.

Sorry to inform you but polo's aren't formal.
And no, you cannot wear sneakers with formal attire such as suits and tuxes.
A good example here, Derek Fisher.
I know the man can dress up and he is probably one of the best in the league but this one is horrible.
I love the YSL Rollins sneakers he has on (I have a pair myself) but with the pinstripe suit, it is a horrible look.
1.jpg

4.jpg

in going to a wedding in a few weeks.

im wearing a simple white rl oxford and some khakis. help me out with shoes.

i was thinking of wearing white vans authentics but idk if thats appropriate for a wedding or not

any suggestions?

Nice combo once again Ty.
I love the little denim pocket square, great detail.
That combo with thet hat and vest isn't easy to pull off but you got it.

Carbine, get some bucks or oxford shoes. Don't go the sneaker route.

Nice combo once again Ty.
I love the little denim pocket square, great detail.
That combo with thet hat and vest isn't easy to pull off but you got it.

Carbine, get some bucks or oxford shoes. Don't go the sneaker route.
agreed ty looking fresh

what about some sperrys would that be a good look or no?

102803933p.jpg

Sperry's are good but a bit too casual for a wedding.
In my personal preference, I would rather some loafers or bucks than Sperry's for a wedding.

Sperry's are good but a bit too casual for a wedding.
In my personal preference, I would rather some loafers or bucks than Sperry's for a wedding.
can you recomend me any good brands that are in the price range of $0-200? but id really like to keep it $100 or under. srry but im new todressing more formal.

btw, in your opinion. when dressing formal do your shoes have to match your shirt or should they just compliment it? and should your belt match your shirt oryour shoes?

If you want to dress formal, then an oxford shirt and chino isn't the way to go.
For a summer wedding, to be different, I would get a khaki suit and casual it down with loafers or bucks.
Something like this with some brown shoes would be perfect.
windowslivewritermiloventimigliainkhakisuits-a9d0milo-ventimiglia-gq-khaki-suit-1-thumb.jpg
khaki_suit_perfection.jpg
windowslivewritermiloventimigliainkhakisuits-a9d0milo-ventimiglia-gq-khaki-suit-2-thumb.jpg

If you want to make it more casual, wear them with bucks and some knit ties and your good to go.
photo-vi.jpg

As for bucks, J. Crew and Brooks Brothers has some in the range of $115-$150 right now.
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...s/PRDOVR~67335/67335.jsp.
http://www.brooksbrothers...Id=522&default_color=Tan.
http://www.brooksbrothers...=522&default_color=Black.

Overall though, the shoes doesn't have to match the shirt because then you'll be limited. Brown shoes goes with almost any tones; gray, blue, brown andeven black.
Instead, try to match the belt to the shoes and have the shoe compliment the color of pants and like I said, brown is a very versatile color.

Oxford is a bit too casual, try and getting an actual dress shirt if possible.
Is your Oxford shirt a button down (the collar has buttons to button it down)?
If it does, then it is definitely too casual.

Double check on what the clothes would be for the wedding.
I have been in a summer wedding that happens at noon and at a yacht and it really was a semi-formal/semi-casual environment so chino's and oxfords can bepulled off easily.
This may not be the case with you because if it is an evening wedding or the event continues on to the night, then being too casual may not be the way to go.

Oxford is a bit too casual, try and getting an actual dress shirt if possible.
Is your Oxford shirt a button down (the collar has buttons to button it down)?
If it does, then it is definitely too casual.

Double check on what the clothes would be for the wedding.
I have been in a summer wedding that happens at noon and at a yacht and it really was a semi-formal/semi-casual environment so chino's and oxfords can be pulled off easily.
This may not be the case with you because if it is an evening wedding or the event continues on to the night, then being too casual may not be the way to go.
yeah, its this one in white:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3257840&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=family

would something like this be better?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2231809&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=family

and it will continue to the evening

Back
Top Bottom