Dressing better

roll.gif
I can take the jokes. I didn't mean to tuck the tie into the pants, I had put the tie on before I fastened my belt so it kinda got stuck in there.

Originally Posted by infamousod

they sell the coat and pants separate? odd... and yes that's probably below cost by a hair. good pull. hope it's tailored well.

btw found these articles interesting:

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/gqrules/suit
building a business wardrobe
point by point, leads you into a long slideshow.

http://men.style.com/vide...to-buy-a-suit/3177952001
8 minute video, how to buy a suit.

http://men.style.com/gq/f.../landing?id=content_6771
the best suits under $500 (how to make a $500 suit look like a million bucks)
BR only sells the coat and pants separately.

After a whole day of browsing, finally settled on a Hugo Boss suit for myself to wear to the wedding. Now to the tailor tomorrow.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

New shoes for me, Fred Perry x Raf Simmons Tassel Moccasins.

339hda9.jpg

wow they come in blue? everyone was buggin' out on the Red pair the FP rep was rockin' at Project last July. what's the retail on them?

can anyone recommend me a good sports coat that i can wear with jeans and a button down shirt?

something casual but classy. pref, navy blue, but i'm open to suggestion.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

can anyone recommend me a good sports coat that i can wear with jeans and a button down shirt?

A blazer is a blazer, man. A good one will last you for years (assuming your body doesn't change much). I'd go with a 2 button blazerfor a more modern style. Navy is a good choice. If you can only have one blazer, IMO it should be a navy one. Now it just depends on how much you want tospend...

As always, stated before and will continue to..fit is everything.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Nako XL

A blazer is a blazer, man. A good one will last you for years (assuming your body doesn't change much). I'd go with a 2 button blazer for a more modern style. Navy is a good choice. If you can only have one blazer, IMO it should be a navy one. Now it just depends on how much you want to spend...

As always, stated before and will continue to..fit is everything.

Not necessarily. A sportcoat will most likely have a different button compared to a suit jacket/blazer. The buttons on a sportcoat usually has gold or brownbuttons as a little contrast while a suit jacket usually matches the color or are black to go with it the suit color. Sportcoat could also have crests in it oran elbow patch, it is not a requirement in a sportcoat but those are part of what makes sportcoats unique at times. Suit jackets/blazers also look too formalmost of the time, the shape, the lapel, the pockets, etc...

Check out DKNY, I have 2-3 blazers from them and fit nicely. The sleeves will be long but any sport coat you find will not fit perfect about 99% of the time sothat is to be expected.
Another one I got in a nice tweed version is made by Juicy Couture. The DKNY can be had for around $40-$50 at Loehmanns and the Juicy Couture for around$70-$80 at the same store.

Don Juan , those rafs perrys are sick in person my boy Trav purchased them for a very nice price. It was like a buck sometihng I forget the exact figuressite update
jkissi.png

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

roll.gif
I can take the jokes. I didn't mean to tuck the tie into the pants, I had put the tie on before I fastened my belt so it kinda got stuck in there.
indifferent.gif

About to go run errands in Beverly Hills/W. LA and link up with a friend for lunch.

I tried shorts on, but it looks weird with a long sleeve button down on me.
laugh.gif
Shirt is white with thin pink stripes...can't really see it. Shoes arebeeswax Clarks Desert boots.

feqic2.jpg

dwamhj.jpg

168botf.jpg

Originally Posted by Jkissi7

Don Juan , those rafs perrys are sick in person my boy Trav purchased them for a very nice price. It was like a buck sometihng I forget the exact figures site update
jkissi.png

eek.gif
I am all for skinny jeans, but damn. I want kids.

The RAFS are SICK too DON. I just prefer the red.

Anyone know of any companies that have suits for a decent price? i know H&M does, but I live in Florida, but I've actually been there last year.I'm looking for a black suit and navy suit. Any suggestions on material? Cotton/Linen/Wool etc. I looked at Banana Republic, which has reasonable prices,but I just haven't seen anything that's caught my eye. LMK what's good. BTW I'm looking for the suits to be professional/formal. 2 buttons forsure.

sport coats do have different color buttons as like an accent but it's not meant to be the focal point of the jacket. I agree with navy two button beingthe way to go. small shoulder pad or none at all.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Anyone know of any companies that have suits for a decent price? i know H&M does, but I live in Florida, but I've actually been there last year. I'm looking for a black suit and navy suit. Any suggestions on material? Cotton/Linen/Wool etc. I looked at Banana Republic, which has reasonable prices, but I just haven't seen anything that's caught my eye. LMK what's good. BTW I'm looking for the suits to be professional/formal. 2 buttons for sure.

where in Florida? If you're going to own two suits make sure they're wool. Linen and cotton are more seasonal and are really for people who alreadyhave a collection of suits.

I posted this earlier but I'll do it again

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_6771
the best suits under $500 (how to make a $500 suit look like a million bucks)

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/gqrules/suit
building a business wardrobe
point by point, leads you into a long slideshow.

http://men.style.com/video/from-gq/from-igqi/3000768001/how-to-buy-a-suit/3177952001
8 minute video, how to buy a suit.

they are mostly on point. pay more attention to the fit of a suit and the styling. since you're probably going for a bargain basement price you won'tfind good construction so might as well not even look at that. don't spend over $500 unless you really understand what you're getting (fused,semi-canvas, full canvas, one piece collar, good lining, good material etc).

SperryTopSiderShoes-ESQ-JetSetter-fb-5460967.jpg

So I got a pair of these recently, but I'm having trouble finding the appropriate chinos/slacks/khakis to go with them. I need something slimmer in fit.Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Anyone know of any companies that have suits for a decent price? i know H&M does, but I live in Florida, but I've actually been there last year. I'm looking for a black suit and navy suit. Any suggestions on material? Cotton/Linen/Wool etc. I looked at Banana Republic, which has reasonable prices, but I just haven't seen anything that's caught my eye. LMK what's good. BTW I'm looking for the suits to be professional/formal. 2 buttons for sure.
I don't know about your frame, but I fell in love with Hugo Boss suits. I bought one yesterday for around $300..which isn't far off fromBR's range at all. It retailed for $700, was on sale for $500, and another 40% off that. The cut is European so it's slimmer off the bat, although Ihad it altered still. The suit I got was 2 button too BTW. I'll probably buy more as time goes on.

PS if anyone is around Burbank, CA and want 4-5 free button down shirts from I.N.C. and Claireborne, let me know. I bought them from Macy's and never wornthem. They were on sale so it got me into a frenzy. Size small, you need to be around 5'9'' or shorter to fit right. I'm 5'10'' andthe sleeves are a bit too short for me.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

New shoes for me, Fred Perry x Raf Simmons Tassel Moccasins.

339hda9.jpg

What I wore them with.
2f0abgz.jpg

this is the first time EVER, youve posted shoes that I absolutely hate.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
Nope, the only jeans I wear are 514's.
It is the only pair of jeans that fit me perfectly.
I actually just bought 3 more pairs.
laugh.gif
Where did you cop the Levis' from? They don't have those colors at Macy's. I know the khaki colored ones is at Urban Outfitters.

info on those jackets?

nerd.gif

May have been asked before, but is it even possible to pull off Clarks Desert Boots with some sort of shorts for a summer type look? Or would it just lookfoolish

Originally Posted by SlamCity

May have been asked before, but is it even possible to pull off Clarks Desert Boots with some sort of shorts for a summer type look? Or would it just look foolish
it has been posted in this thread...look back a bit, doesn't look bad atall.....pair of khaki shorts above the knee would look great with them

Back
Top Bottom