Dressing better

i just bought a pair of 514s today and they seem to fit perfectly fine. the length is a little longer than i wanted but other than that it's fine

I tried on some 514's last week and the problem I found was that the 32's were a bit too skinny on me, but the 34's were baggy as hell. I might buythe 32's now that I hear they stretch.

someone needs to find me a red button down. long sleeved or short doesn't matter
because everyone I find is way too baggy, i'm getting heated lol

Originally Posted by Genius44

RFX45- Is it just me or don't levi's stretch a lot at the waist band after a couple wears?
I find that all jeans stretch, except for the 2 pairs of selvedge denim that I own. Anything else I've had/have..from $250 pair of R&R to$30 pair of Levi's stretch out after you wear them...which pisses me off because they become too loose.

FYI, BR is having a buy 3 or more on sale items and get additional 20% off.

I had plan on buying the 2 pocket squares left on sale. Both were $10 a piece. I picked up a pair of socks on sale for $2.99 and saved $4 for both pocketsquares and I think around 50 cents on the socks. Even though I didn't want the socks, I saved a buck or so just by buying it.

It would add up if you were to buy more expensive items, but those $2.99 socks is a nifty way to make up for the 3rd item to get the discount.

Can someone recommend me a good messenger style bag? I just got a new job, which has me hauling a ton of paperwork home each night. I don't want anythinghuge, but I don't want an Indiana Jones type satchel
laugh.gif
. I'dprefer something not all leather, maybe canvas or something. Anyone got an idea?
nerd.gif

horrible fit IMO.

The jean + dress shirt & tie combo doesn't work IMO.

Those jeans suck IMO.

What shoes?

Again, just my humble opinion.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

horrible fit IMO.

Those jeans suck IMO.

What shoes?

laugh.gif
How can you tell the jeans suck? They look like regular jeans to me, with whiskers on the front. I just think the belt is one size or twotoo large for him, and his tie is hanging a bit too low. Would look a lot cleaner if the tip of the tie just overlap the top of the belt buckle.

Originally Posted by wj4

horrible fit IMO.

Those jeans suck IMO.

What shoes?

laugh.gif
How can you tell the jeans suck? They look like regular jeans to me, with whiskers on the front. I just think the belt is one size or two too large for him, and his tie is hanging a bit too low. Would look a lot cleaner if the tip of the tie just overlap the top of the belt buckle.
The whiskers
laugh.gif
. If I were to put that outfit together, I'd need my jeans to be very dark indigo. I reserved comment about the belt beforeknowing what shoes he had on. Still enh though.

wj4 said:

horrible fit IMO.

Those jeans suck IMO.

What shoes?

laugh.gif
How can you tell the jeans suck? They look like regular jeans to me, with whiskers on the front. I just think the belt is one size or two too large for him, and his tie is hanging a bit too low. Would look a lot cleaner if the tip of the tie just overlap the top of the belt buckle.
The whiskers
laugh.gif
. If I were to put that outfit together, I'd need my jeans to be very dark indigo. I reserved comment about the belt beforeknowing what shoes he had on. Still enh though.

belt is too long and a lil too big for the dressier look. the jeans look like super heavy denim, too heavy for summer, that's the only thing I see wrongwith them.

the whiskering is a matter of taste and it's really the "in" thing right now, it's not too much for an office setting on a casual friday orsomething. as long as there are no rips. overall thumbs up on the outfit, shirt fits perfectly. I would shorten the tie juuust a bit.

BTW I NEVER wear a tie without a jacket. It doesn't look bad per se but a tie is meant to be worn under a jacket to me.

they sell the coat and pants separate? odd... and yes that's probably below cost by a hair. good pull. hope it's tailored well.

btw found these articles interesting:

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/gqrules/suit
building a business wardrobe
point by point, leads you into a long slideshow.

http://men.style.com/video/from-gq/from-igqi/3000768001/how-to-buy-a-suit/3177952001
8 minute video, how to buy a suit.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_6771
the best suits under $500 (how to make a $500 suit look like a million bucks)

i admit, i dont like the pants either, but everything else is proper.
i dont know why the tie is tucked in the pants though lol

Back
Top Bottom