Dressing better

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Can someone recommend me a shirt and some shoes to wear with white pants to an event. I would like to find some nice drivers or moccasin type shoes. Thanks in advanced. Any help would be appreciated.
What fabric are the pants?
Some I have seen that I liked.

ViaMonteWhitePants.jpg
518456_fpx.tif
Jeremy_Piven_At_US_Open_Picapp_69635.jpg

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by infamousod

^ those look like Bally's, can't say for sure

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Its not the area that hits the floor, its at the top of the opening.. like an inch or so high its where the irritating hurts. I was thinking of using a band aid for now, but I don't want to have to do that every day. The foot feels fine and i think the shoe is very comfortable, its just the rubbing that occurs on the back of the ankle.

1. your shoes are on too loose causing too much movement back there

2. make sure your socks are in good shape, occassionally it can cause problems

3. try rolling the edge of the shoe back a little, only slightly though don't get overzealous. a shoe repair can do it right and might even put in a pad if called for.

4. let your foot heal before using the shoe again, it might've been a slight problem before the shoe was broken in and it's made worse cause your foot never healed.

are the shoes a lace up? if you can post a pic of the heel from the inside and outside. if you take it to a good shoe repair you'll get straightened out though.

The shoes are a laceup. I put shoe trees in them now to work out the heela bit hope that helps. And its usually every other day I'm wearing dress shoes. (mon/wed/fri) Here are some pics, best i was able to get.
If it continues next week I'll be going to a shoe repair for sure.
If they are anything like my old rockport shoes, the part just below the top roll (where it is stitched) gave me loads of grief. Cant wear themfor long periods without my heel getting mashed. The best thing that i found to stop the rubbing was to put a padded plaster (like the sort you would use for agraze on your knee or elbow) around the back of the shoe to cover up the join between the main shoe and the padded top part.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Can someone recommend me a shirt and some shoes to wear with white pants to an event. I would like to find some nice drivers or moccasin type shoes. Thanks in advanced. Any help would be appreciated.

ViaMonteWhitePants.jpg
518456_fpx.tif
Jeremy_Piven_At_US_Open_Picapp_69635.jpg

Yeah they look like the pants in the first picture. I'm trying to figure out a shoe and shirt combo to wear with them. I do like the shirt in the last pictho.

with white pants wear brown or tan shoes. I don't even own a pair of black shoes so that might be a bit biased but I would never wear white pants, blackshoes. as far as shirt you can do almost anything. blue, pink, beige, etc. see what shirts you own and match them.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

just picked up a knit tie from dillards, what's the best knot for it?
4q31q9.jpg

okay so this is what I picked up from Dillards today. Perry Ellis shirt reg 69.95 on sale for 20.85 and the knit tie. and yeah was just wearing those pants so decided to keep them on for the pic. and yes it's my sisters bathroom I'm using her computer cause mine is going through some thangs at the moment.

prodImage.ms

thinking about ordering these. Cole Haan for anyone who cares

I bought those Cole Haans Last year for retail...I think they were $199.00 or something like that...I forget, they're comfy though..

(Recycled Pics)

d3c25cde86b0d21ebbd301f0ca0e80b7f943013.pjpg

Originally Posted by omgitswes

just picked up a knit tie from dillards, what's the best knot for it?
4q31q9.jpg
I go with the small knot when I wear a knit tie. If you have too many steps when you tie a knit tie it bunches up.

HELP NEEDED: Hey, NT. I've never dressed up past a button up with a tie before. I've never gone with a full suit. However,I have a wedding to go to next Friday. I was hoping for some advice on what shirt/tie combo would look good... color-wise. I'm just borrowing akastealing my brother's old suit that he hasn't used in 3 years. The fit is great, but I just don't know what to wear on the inside.

Here's a picture of the suit.. well the jacket at least.
2qx02uo.jpg

Here's a close-up of the texture or whatever.
slllag.jpg

I'm guessing I should wear brown shoes?
embarassed.gif
I really have noidea.

Thanks, NT!

The new Junya Watanabe stuff looks great. Looks sooooo much more rockable than all the other lines I've seen this week.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

HELP NEEDED: Hey, NT. I've never dressed up past a button up with a tie before. I've never gone with a full suit. However, I have a wedding to go to next Friday. I was hoping for some advice on what shirt/tie combo would look good... color-wise. I'm just borrowing aka stealing my brother's old suit that he hasn't used in 3 years. The fit is great, but I just don't know what to wear on the inside.

Here's a picture of the suit.. well the jacket at least.
2qx02uo.jpg

Here's a close-up of the texture or whatever.
slllag.jpg

I'm guessing I should wear brown shoes?
embarassed.gif
I really have no idea.

Thanks, NT!
Yes a brown lace up would be nice, please don't forget the matching belt. I would do a sky blue shirt without a tie. When you say the suitfits well...There is nothing like owning your own suits and getting them tailored. The arm lengths and torso fitting is very important. IMO

http://bananarepublic.gap...id=5376&oid=OUT14303

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Yeah they look like the pants in the first picture. I'm trying to figure out a shoe and shirt combo to wear with them. I do like the shirt in the last pic tho.
I would say a dark brown driving shoe with matching belt, a fitted long sleeve oxford (pref light blue) tucked.

Originally made this post in another thread, but I thought some here could benefit from the 50% off sale...

http://gourmetinyourface.com/ Enter promo code GRMT50 at checkout for50% off...

I know this brand got a lot of hate when they first came out, but this is DEF my favorite brand right now.

Got two pairs of these chukkas in black cus they are
pimp.gif

Got both of these too...

Asked this before, but no luck.

Looking for black oxford dress shirts (preferably slim fit).

Under $100, please.

I doubt the CK is oxford, actually I am not sure I've seen Oxford shirts at TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall, etc...
Probably because I never look for it.
Check out Brooks Brothers, their having their annual up to 50% off sale.
You might find something you like.

As for me, finally received one of two shoes I have coming in.
A beautiful pair of shoes!

Paul Smith Red Cage

^^^
Nope, the only jeans I wear are 514's.
It is the only pair of jeans that fit me perfectly.
I actually just bought 3 more pairs.
laugh.gif

Stop buying clothes, dude.
laugh.gif

I thought I was done, but I'm now in a market for a suit for wedding.

Back
Top Bottom