Dressing better

^
hahahah.

Totally ignorant question, but what do the beads represent? Ive noticed MJ wears them alot, and I saw Lebron wear them in his 60 Minutes interview

Those are Buddhist beads.
It was a trend back in high school but I still see a few people wear them.

^
so essentially, most people that wear them now in the 20-30 yr old age range, do so because theyve seen famous people wear them.

Fair statement?

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif
Word. Even though I'm a Buddhist I never got into them. A lot of the Filipino b-boys rocked them in HS around here.

Wore this to my mom's dancing studio for the summer showcase. Didn't put on shoes and socks yet because us Asians don't rock shoes in the house. This is why I strive for items on sale, the whole outfit was around ~$130. I wish I can get the sleeves on the cardigan altered though, a bit long so I haveto fold them up. But for $23, I couldn't resist. The color of the pants came out weird, in real life they're white with light blue stripes.
24bsqw4.jpg

2itt283.jpg

did yall know you can build your own shirt at Jos A Bank?
i went in there today for the first time looking for knit ties (which they did not have btw) and just now looked on their web site. pretty nice stuff

Originally Posted by omgitswes

i went in there today for the first time looking for knit ties (which they did not have btw) and just now looked on their web site. pretty nice stuff
Yes, there are several sites of that nature. Build your own shirt, select the type of collar and sleeves you want and put your initials as well. Just too bothersome for me, I hate buying stuff online unless it's something like accessories where sizing doesn't matter.

i would of done it till it got to the sleeve size idk which one to pick.
Go get measured at a local Macy's or tailor shop. They'll probably do it for free. It takes less than 5 mins to get everythingmeasured..neck size, chest, and arm length.

Originally Posted by wj4

Yes, there are several sites of that nature. Build your own shirt, select the type of collar and sleeves you want and put your initials as well. Just too bothersome for me, I hate buying stuff online unless it's something like accessories where sizing doesn't matter.

heh what a lame marketing scheme. all that is a clever way to sort through the shirts they have left in stock. build your own shirt and there are only 2 colorchoices? give me a break.

btw there's nothing like a real custom shirt. and nothing better than a handmade custom shirt.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
Word. Even though I'm a Buddhist I never got into them. A lot of the Filipino b-boys rocked them in HS around here.

Wore this to my mom's dancing studio for the summer showcase. Didn't put on shoes and socks yet because us Asians don't rock shoes in the house. This is why I strive for items on sale, the whole outfit was around ~$130. I wish I can get the sleeves on the cardigan altered though, a bit long so I have to fold them up. But for $23, I couldn't resist. The color of the pants came out weird, in real life they're white with light blue stripes.
24bsqw4.jpg

2itt283.jpg
info on cardigan?

Nice overall fit WJ4, the horizontal stripes makes you look wider though but liek you said, for $23, I might have pulled the trigger too.

The cardigan is from Banana Republic. It's been on sale for $55 for a while, but I took my chance and waited. I ended up getting it for almost half of that2 days ago at their 'start of the summer sale'.

Russ-the pants are from J. Crew. I got it from the local J. Crew outlet. It was $29.99. I've never seen a similar pair online or instore and unlike otherJ. Crew bottoms that usually have a style written on it somewhere, this one just simply has "J. Crew" on the inside tag.

Originally Posted by wj4

The cardigan is from Banana Republic. It's been on sale for $55 for a while, but I took my chance and waited. I ended up getting it for almost half of that 2 days ago at their 'start of the summer sale'.

Russ-the pants are from J. Crew. I got it from the local J. Crew outlet. It was $29.99. I've never seen a similar pair online or instore and unlike other J. Crew bottoms that usually have a style written on it somewhere, this one just simply has "J. Crew" on the inside tag.

good lookin...i'mma hit up BR tomorrow...

RFX-yeah, I do look bloated in that picture.
laugh.gif
I'll wait until mid or late Aug. before doing another outlet round up to pick up more cardigans. I'llbe set with 2-3 more I think.

If you're not a small or medium, selections are usually good at the on sale sections in stores like BR and J. Crew. Slimmer dudes act quick.

I thought about picking up some short sleeve button ups from BR since most of them in the store are on sale for around $27, but I realized the hidden tailoringcost will catch up with me.
laugh.gif

I agree, it is a good fit but both shirt and jeans are too long.
Try folding up your jeans to shorten it and lessen the break.
Although I am not sure how it would look with those shoes, but better than dragging them though.

I agree, it is a good fit but both shirt and jeans are too long.
Try folding up your jeans to shorten it and lessen the break.
Although I am not sure how it would look with those shoes, but better than dragging them though.

nah..the jeans actually aren't that long...

I just hadn't put on my belt....

the shirt...is perfect for my shape...I have broad shoulders...and if I got a smaller size, it wouldn't fit...

or it would be too tight like like those other pictures posted earlier...that ain't the look i'm going for....

but good lookin on the opinions...

Cool, yeah just take my criticisms with a grain of salt and more nitpicking than anything else.
For an untuck look though, I suggest getting it tailored to be shorter maybe an inch or an inch and a half.
Again, just a suggestion.
Overall, the fit is fine and it would be perfect for tucking in.

Back
Top Bottom