Dressing better

Got a question for you guys that wear dress shoes everyday. I recently got an internship in a property mgmt office, and I'm not wearing dress shoeseveryday i work. I bought a pair of rockports, that I've been wearing, but they kill the back of my feet after walking alot. Anything I can do to help itout, i was thinking of putting a pair of shoe trees inside to loosen up the leather a bit. (I tried them on 1st before i purchased them and they fit great,felt great....until i start walking alot in them.

It feels its cutting the back of my ankles.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Got a question for you guys that wear dress shoes everyday. I recently got an internship in a property mgmt office, and I'm not wearing dress shoes everyday i work. I bought a pair of rockports, that I've been wearing, but they kill the back of my feet after walking alot. Anything I can do to help it out, i was thinking of putting a pair of shoe trees inside to loosen up the leather a bit. (I tried them on 1st before i purchased them and they fit great, felt great....until i start walking alot in them.

It feels its cutting the back of my ankles.

#1. shoe trees are a must. you should put them in immediately after you take your shoes off.

now you say the back of your ankles like at the opening of the shoe, like the achilles tendon area (aka heel counter)? or do you mean the part that's onthe floor because of lack of cushioning?

if its the heel counter area there are some remedies, you can put a pad there but I'm not sure where you can get one unless you're in Miami. try takingthe shoe to a good shoe repair guy and letting him know. a band-aid would be a temporary fix.

if it's lack of cushioning you either need better socks, better shoes or a foam insert.

Its not the area that hits the floor, its at the top of the opening.. like an inch or so high its where the irritating hurts. I was thinking of using a bandaid for now, but I don't want to have to do that every day. The foot feels fine and i think the shoe is very comfortable, its just the rubbing that occurson the back of the ankle.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned but banana is having a legit sale. These gray suede loafers are fire and they are only 40 bucks (normally 100)
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26227&vid=1&pid=626288

And if you are also looking for a very nice casual bag to wear (44 bucks, normally 120
eek.gif
)often check this out....
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26226&vid=1&pid=626062

I've been eyeing that bag for a minute. Get your grown man on. You're welcome in advance
pimp.gif

Copping those grey suede loafers that I just mentioned with dark blue fitted chinos tomorrow. I'm gonna wear it on friday to sushi and a movie(transformers) with shorty. I'm also gonna rock a quality (A&F) solid white v-neck with the fit. Nice outfit, but at the same time cool and relaxed.I'm just gonna be co-chillin enjoying the wonderful life that the lord has blessed me with
smokin.gif

BTW those suede loafers fit pretty narrow. I tried on a pair at a store before. I'm usually a sz 8 in BR shoes, but an 8 in that was too tight on the sidesfor me. And a 8.5 was too big length wise for me.

BR sales are better in store than online BTW. You will find a lot of nice items for under $40 in the stosre, but online...rarely. Pretty much why I visit thelocal branch at least once a week.

Yura-I think you will get used to them after several wears. I have a Rockport driving loafer that gave me identical cuts on the back of my ankle the first 2-3times I wore them. After about ~4 times, they finally got broken in and are now pretty comfy.

I agree with Liquid and RFX..take it with a grain of salt, but that outfit is in the elementary stage..something a freshman in college would've done.That's what I did in the first year or two in college.
laugh.gif

If you don't want to size down, you can get it altered and take the width in. This is what I do with all of my button down shirts. In some cases, I size upto a medium, with brand like Fred Perry, so the sleeves fit me properly since the material won't stretch like a t shirt. But you don't want to haveexcess material around on the width..it will show especially when you tuck your shirt in. Just plain sloppy.

Originally Posted by wj4

BTW those suede loafers fit pretty narrow. I tried on a pair at a store before. I'm usually a sz 8 in BR shoes, but an 8 in that was too tight on the sides for me. And a 8.5 was too big length wise for me.

BR sales are better in store than online BTW. You will find a lot of nice items for under $40 in the stosre, but online...rarely. Pretty much why I visit the local branch at least once a week.

Yura-I think you will get used to them after several wears. I have a Rockport driving loafer that gave me identical cuts on the back of my ankle the first 2-3 times I wore them. After about ~4 times, they finally got broken in and are now pretty comfy.

I agree with Liquid and RFX..take it with a grain of salt, but that outfit is in the elementary stage..something a freshman in college would've done. That's what I did in the first year or two in college.
laugh.gif

If you don't want to size down, you can get it altered and take the width in. This is what I do with all of my button down shirts. In some cases, I size up to a medium, with brand like Fred Perry, so the sleeves fit me properly since the material won't stretch like a t shirt. But you don't want to have excess material around on the width..it will show especially when you tuck your shirt in. Just plain sloppy.

My feet are pretty narrow so i'm good.

^ those look like Bally's, can't say for sure

Its not the area that hits the floor, its at the top of the opening.. like an inch or so high its where the irritating hurts. I was thinking of using a band aid for now, but I don't want to have to do that every day. The foot feels fine and i think the shoe is very comfortable, its just the rubbing that occurs on the back of the ankle.

1. your shoes are on too loose causing too much movement back there

2. make sure your socks are in good shape, occassionally it can cause problems

3. try rolling the edge of the shoe back a little, only slightly though don't get overzealous. a shoe repair can do it right and might even put in a pad ifcalled for.

4. let your foot heal before using the shoe again, it might've been a slight problem before the shoe was broken in and it's made worse cause your footnever healed.

are the shoes a lace up? if you can post a pic of the heel from the inside and outside. if you take it to a good shoe repair you'll get straightened outthough.

a few ppl asked for full length fits ... these are Monday through today's fits:

and this is from a couple weeks ago ... posted the upper part, now adding full length shots:

Can someone recommend me a shirt and some shoes to wear with white pants to an event. I would like to find some nice drivers or moccasin type shoes. Thanks inadvanced. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by KIDFLY SniperElite007

Originally Posted by jmal519

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

i've been looking for beads, similar to the ones he's wearing (the smaller ones on the left hand)

anyone know where i can get some like that?

Info on the shoes.. They are dope
nerd.gif

Very popular shoe style. Jcrew makes one. You can check it out at Jcrew.com right now.
So does Hush Puppies and Cole Haan.

Originally Posted by infamousod

^ those look like Bally's, can't say for sure

Its not the area that hits the floor, its at the top of the opening.. like an inch or so high its where the irritating hurts. I was thinking of using a band aid for now, but I don't want to have to do that every day. The foot feels fine and i think the shoe is very comfortable, its just the rubbing that occurs on the back of the ankle.

1. your shoes are on too loose causing too much movement back there

2. make sure your socks are in good shape, occassionally it can cause problems

3. try rolling the edge of the shoe back a little, only slightly though don't get overzealous. a shoe repair can do it right and might even put in a pad if called for.

4. let your foot heal before using the shoe again, it might've been a slight problem before the shoe was broken in and it's made worse cause your foot never healed.

are the shoes a lace up? if you can post a pic of the heel from the inside and outside. if you take it to a good shoe repair you'll get straightened out though.

The shoes are a laceup. I put shoe trees in them now to work out the heela bit hope that helps. And its usually every other day I'm wearing dress shoes.(mon/wed/fri) Here are some pics, best i was able to get.
If it continues next week I'll be going to a shoe repair for sure.

just picked up a knit tie from dillards, what's the best knot for it?
4q31q9.jpg

okay so this is what I picked up from Dillards today. Perry Ellis shirt reg 69.95 on sale for 20.85 and the knit tie. and yeah was just wearing those pants sodecided to keep them on for the pic. and yes it's my sisters bathroom I'm using her computer cause mine is going through some thangs at the moment.

prodImage.ms

thinking about ordering these. Cole Haan for anyone who cares

^ four in hand I would say.

damn those shoes look extra padded around the heel too, weird. either way try to press and roll the top outward just a bit to give it a lil more breathingroom. that part of your heel really shouldn't be touching the shoe. if the shoe repair guy wants to charge more than you're willing to pay then justsee if he can put a tongue pad (cheap piece of felt with adhesive), you put that on the heel of the shoe where the outermost part of your foot touches, thatwill move your foot *forward* just a bit and hopefully stop the contact from a bit higher.

they're nice looking shoes btw. good grab if you can get them to stop the irritation
hey I see myself in your pic!

yeah windsor is no good for it. its no good for most occasions.

you can pull it off with jeans if you like wearing the jeans/spt coat look. very nice for the summer

You can go to ross/ nordstrom rack to find some nice dress shirts. Just get a female's touch to it to find a good design if you can't find a nice stylefor shirts. Get some black and grey slacks, solid ties and your good.

Originally Posted by infamousod

^ four in hand I would say.

damn those shoes look extra padded around the heel too, weird. either way try to press and roll the top outward just a bit to give it a lil more breathing room. that part of your heel really shouldn't be touching the shoe. if the shoe repair guy wants to charge more than you're willing to pay then just see if he can put a tongue pad (cheap piece of felt with adhesive), you put that on the heel of the shoe where the outermost part of your foot touches, that will move your foot *forward* just a bit and hopefully stop the contact from a bit higher.

they're nice looking shoes btw. good grab if you can get them to stop the irritation
hey I see myself in your pic!
Thanks for the input. If the shoe trees don't help and i still feel discomfort Monday when I go to work I'll be checking out the shoerepair. I really do like these i just want them to be comfortable too. The kinetic padding on the ball of your foot is like a little pillow that pops up, andmakes the bottom feel that much more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom