Dressing better

The second one is definitely more formal and a lot nicer.
I would even get than one in blue if possible.
I rather like this look though:
pPOLO2-5575509_standard_v330.jpg

or
pPOLO2-5575098_lifestyle_v330.jpg

White is a safe way to go but I would try and go with maybe striped or another light color other than light blue.

thanks for the suggestions. if i decided to opt with one of he options you recomended, would black dress slacks compliment those nicely?

Yes, black shouldn't be too bad, as long as it isn't baggy.
I wouldn't say it compliments it as much as charcoal or navy slacks but it would flow nicely, but since it is a formal event, stick with black.
I think this might one of the instances I would prefer it with black shoes instead of brown. Black is more formal anyways.
I would be a very solid combo, keep in mind though, it is all about how it fits.
Make sure the shirt isn't too big that it flares out when you tuck it in.
The same with the pants, no sagging and no Steve Harvey type of slacks that could be mistaken for parachute pants.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Yes, black shouldn't be too bad, as long as it isn't baggy.
I wouldn't say it compliments it as much as charcoal or navy slacks but it would flow nicely, but since it is a formal event, stick with black.
I think this might one of the instances I would prefer it with black shoes instead of brown. Black is more formal anyways.
I would be a very solid combo, keep in mind though, it is all about how it fits.
Make sure the shirt isn't too big that it flares out when you tuck it in.
The same with the pants, no sagging and no Steve Harvey type of slacks that could be mistaken for parachute pants.

Good luck.
ill consider navy or charcoal. and with the shirts you posted, i agree black shoes would look better.
ill def. make sure any dress clothing is more fitted.
laugh.gif
i dont sag, fam.

gracias for your help.

Originally Posted by Chennylou

Can LV Damiers be purchased online guys?

Wrong place to ask but Louisvuitton.com is the only online retailer for LV.
You can purchase whatever they have available there.

Man RFX, I couldn't find any of my pocket squares so I had to improvise. Had some old jeans laying around so I justcut up a square and wet on my way.

Nordstrom 'Carson' Oxford $99 bucks, not bad.

JKISSI- I learned that the Raf Simons wear better with socks. I didn't make it that long without sock.

jumpmankb, for your cuff
1. Fold the cuff up so that it is the width of the cuff. If the shirt has no separate cuff, fold the end of the sleeve up two or three inches, evenly allthe way around.
2. Fold the sleeve again, using width of the first fold as a guide.
3. Repeat as many times as necessary or desired. Rolling a sleeve up with multiple folds or past the elbow can help keep it from slipping down as quickly.
4. Secure the rolled sleeve with a safety pin, if necessary.

Originally Posted by Chennylou

Can LV Damiers be purchased online guys?

Wrong place to ask but Louisvuitton.com is the only online retailer for LV.
You can purchase whatever they have available there.
Yep. It used to be E-luxury, but they moved. That's the only place online I'd ever get LV items from.

If you want to dress formal, then an oxford shirt and chino isn't the way to go.
For a summer wedding, to be different, I would get a khaki suit and casual it down with loafers or bucks.
Something like this with some brown shoes would be perfect.
windowslivewritermiloventimigliainkhakisuits-a9d0milo-ventimiglia-gq-khaki-suit-1-thumb.jpg
khaki_suit_perfection.jpg
windowslivewritermiloventimigliainkhakisuits-a9d0milo-ventimiglia-gq-khaki-suit-2-thumb.jpg

If you want to make it more casual, wear them with bucks and some knit ties and your good to go.
photo-vi.jpg

As for bucks, J. Crew and Brooks Brothers has some in the range of $115-$150 right now.
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...s/PRDOVR~67335/67335.jsp .
http://www.brooksbrothers...Id=522&default_color=Tan .
http://www.brooksbrothers...=522&default_color=Black .

Overall though, the shoes doesn't have to match the shirt because then you'll be limited. Brown shoes goes with almost any tones; gray, blue, brown and even black.
Instead, try to match the belt to the shoes and have the shoe compliment the color of pants and like I said, brown is a very versatile color.

first of all. i would like to compliment, congratulate, and thank you for saying that brown shoes can go with any tone, including black, which i must say is agreat clash if done right. so again, thank you.

secondly, do you or anyone know where i can get a think tie holder like the ones theses are rocking?
im not even sure thats what their called, but im sure everyone knows what i mean lol.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

TOBI

GETOUT40 for 40% off, except these restricted brands:

Anthony Logistics for Men, A.P.C., Comme des Garcons, Hudson Jeans, Nixon, Robin's Jeans, T by Alexander Wang

even on common projects!

USE JUNE09 for 15% off storewide, INCLUDING the restricted brands.

EDIT: ++$@ is expired, total crap
mad.gif
mad.gif
I was ready to go in!

I love the cut of the collar on regent fit shirts as well.

I have those Carson bucks from Nordstrom in the white nubuck color and plan on wearing them with navy pants this weekend. What type of belt would best go withthese shoes?

Option A:
Belk

Option B:
Belk

Option C:
1103TF26-340_pd.jpg

Option D:
593_480_0.jpg

(The shirt I'm going to wear matches this belt)

Option D should never be an option, ever.

With that out fo the way, if it were white bucks, I would suggest a white belt.
However, I do understand that getting a brown belt is more versatile than white so on versatility alone, I pick option B.
That is a personal choice in which I believe is the best of all the choices you posted.

If you want a real casual belt though, that would/might match the white bucks a bit, option C might work with the canvas but I do not like the croc pattern.

Option D should never be an option, ever.

With that out fo the way, if it were white bucks, I would suggest a white belt.
However, I do understand that getting a brown belt is more versatile than white so on versatility alone, I pick option B.
That is a personal choice in which I believe is the best of all the choices you posted.

If you want a real casual belt though, that would/might match the white bucks a bit, option C might work with the canvas but I do not like the croc pattern.
I couldn't find a pic of my belt for Option C, but it's just plain brown and not croc. The color of the canvas is a little different thanthe color of the bucks so I might go with Option B.

laugh.gif
at the reaction to the last belt posted. To each his own and I like wearing the belt when I'm out in Chapel Hill.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

school me on knit ties
What's there to really school? It's a tie that's knitted and not the traditional silk.
laugh.gif
It's more hip and can be worn formore casual events. I find it a bit more difficult to knot properly though, but no biggie.

BTW tie clips can be found at places like Macys too, ranging from the brands, it should be around $25-30 for one. I prefer it when you're just wearing ashirt with no jacket or anything over on a windy day to help keep the tie in place.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

tried on some levi 514s last night. 30-30 fit perfect but im afraid they are gonna shrink, 31-30 fit weird, 30-32 fit really good but were just a little bit long (but im used to jeans being kinda baggy anyways), 31-32 fit good but not as good as the 30-32. i dont think im gonna get the 30-30 because when theyre shrink theyre gonna be too short i think and i wont like them. so my question....

should i get the 30-32 or 31-32? when i pull the front of the jeans out in the 30-32 i have about 2 inches and have about 2.5 - 3 inches in the 31-32. but i look better in the 30-32. do they shrink a lot?
If 30/30 fits you perfectly, get it. However if you have 2 inches of space around your waist, that is BAGGY, and they will stretch out even moreafter several wears. You should be able to put your fingers in there, but they should not be falling off your waist, even without a belt.

Lengthwise, they don't shrink much. I find that Levi's length is longer than other companys. All of my jeans are 30/30 and Levi's are always thelongest.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

tried on some levi 514s last night. 30-30 fit perfect but im afraid they are gonna shrink, 31-30 fit weird, 30-32 fit really good but were just a little bit long (but im used to jeans being kinda baggy anyways), 31-32 fit good but not as good as the 30-32. i dont think im gonna get the 30-30 because when theyre shrink theyre gonna be too short i think and i wont like them. so my question....

should i get the 30-32 or 31-32? when i pull the front of the jeans out in the 30-32 i have about 2 inches and have about 2.5 - 3 inches in the 31-32. but i look better in the 30-32. do they shrink a lot?

How do 514's fit? I tried on some 511's at the Levis store and they were too tight but I dont want no baggy jeans either... I'm a pretty slimdude.

they should, levi's are machine made, they follow a pattern. as long as the bottom is the same width you should keep the same length. they look prettynarrow at the bottom so a shorter length is called for, don't want a massive bunchup

Jumpmankb,

Good Look. My shirts normally fit well so I should be straight then. I never had any levis but I decided to try some on in the store. Unfortunately I was in arush so I only got a chance to try on 1 pair of jeans. I think I might head to the store this weekend and try some 514's. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom