Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

The tie is definitely too long, it shouldn't go past your belt or waistline.
Jacket also looks a bit too big, if I had to guess, it is a size too big judgin from the shoulders.
I wouldn't have gotten a 3-button suit, it's just a personale preference but I like 2 button suits better.
When you wear it, just make sure you never button the bottom button.
Pants is too long as well, it could use some hemming and tapering.

I would suggest a white shirt and a black solid tie to give it that tux look with some nice, non-squared toed dress shoe.
Thanks for the help RFX45. The tie/shirt is my dad's not mine which is probably why it looks like that, I'm looking for a good color combo
to wear with it. Besides a white shirt/black tie, what other colors do you think would look good?

And I always feel the pant's are too short, but everybody else says they fit right so who knows.

You suggest, non-squared toed dress shoes, but i HATE the pointy toe shoes. Could ya suggest some shoes or pics or
lead me in the right direction for the kind of shoes i should be looking for.

The pants are definitely too long. If you have no shoe son and it pretty much drags under your foot, it is definitely too long.
White shirt/black tie is as classic as it gets, any other color would look prom-@%$ now that I think about it.
Unless there is a theme or something, I would stick with those colors.
You can go white shirt/dark gray tie, it is a safe way to be a little different.
Just no patterned ties and add a pocket square.

As for shoes, here's a non-square, non-point pair of dress shoes.

Either of those would look good with a tux of formal event.
After the event, you can also use it for the office or other events.

The way that tie look... It was probably tied wrong. Beside the white shirt/black tie, I'd still go with the white shirt but yellow tie instead andchocolate brown shoes.

they got a bunch of quick tutorials on different knots for ties on youtube. You should peep & pick one you like that'll match the look your going for

step your game up
roll.gif

110x091.jpg

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Learn how to tie a full windsor, because that knot is way too small.

kleiner-windsorknoten.gif

Here you go....aslo, try to find a spread collar shirt so that this knot isn't"wasted", aslo since your suit is a little big, a spread collar will fill in that empty space up around your kneck between the collar of your shirtand collar of the suit (whatever it is called).

And yea, that tie is hideous....I'd just go to a TJ Maxx and find a designer tie that will matchthe shirt you purchase. Tristain & America make some pretty cheap spread collar shirts in various colors and styles.

Good luck....

RFX - are you on style forum? i've seen a similar s/n over there.

I have become less active on NT over the years, but wanted to contribute a few pics to this VERY good thread. These are my outfits from the last 2-3 weeks. Ipost regularly on styleforum and might start replicating my posts over here to contribute to this thread:

Exec meeting so had to come correct..lol:

The khaki suit:

Casual Friday @ work:

Playing with colors/textures:

Monochrome Day:

Seersucker suit i wore yesterday:

Keeping it dressy, yet casual:

What i am wearing right now ... about to take some out of town friends around the city:

Since this is niketalk ... have to show ze shoes (jack purcell's):

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

ox_ss_blu.jpg

Can someone recommend where I can find a shirt like this for the summer. I'd like more plain shortsleeve button downs but I don't want to spend $100 for just a shirt.

Although they do not have the exact same color, Penguin has a variety of choices.
http://www.originalpengui...egory.jsp?id=OPGMAPRLSTS .
They also have a 30% off sale going on right now.

Lost of choices at revolveclothing as well.
http://www.revolveclothin...rue&isStickyEnabled=true .
There should be a 20%-30% off coupon if you do a quick google search.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Martin and Osa have a similar shirt as well.
dickies holmes thats what i wear :.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I don't have anything against the name brand of Dockers, but their pants are horrible to me. They always fit so bad on me. I don't think that I could ever wear dockers just because of their unusual fits.
I don't have any, but they changed in the recent years. Just like 'boring' brands such as Van Heusen, Dockers have a variety of fits now. I used to wear them all the time when I worked in retail though. Hold up well in the warehouse too.
I've tried their fits, but they still fit awkward on me. Their slim fit pants are straight fit, so they're too tight in the thigh area andtoo loose in the lower leg/calf area.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

RFX - are you on style forum? i've seen a similar s/n over there.
Yes, I frequently look around at SF but do not really post much.

I like your overall style, looks good. I like the details with the pocket squares.
The only thing I am a bit iffy about is the combination with the Jack Purcell, looks somewhat awkward to me.

I'd love to get a suit game going, but I have no need really. I thought I was doing it at my prom with my suit, and while it was better than most, it justwasn't all that great.

Since then, I've learned about proportions, cuts, and colors. Had I known back then, I would have opted for something wayy better than an all black jawn.
Here's the only pic on my comp. right now. (I don't know that girl)

The blacks are all different. The tie has stripes. The tie is skinny, yet the suit isn't.
grin.gif
, whatever. If the the occasion calls for it, I'll beready.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I'd love to get a suit game going, but I have no need really. I thought I was doing it at my prom with my suit, and while it was better than most, it just wasn't all that great.

Since then, I've learned about proportions, cuts, and colors. Had I known back then, I would have opted for something wayy better than an all black jawn.
Here's the only pic on my comp. right now. (I don't know that girl)

The blacks are all different. The tie has stripes. The tie is skinny, yet the suit isn't.
grin.gif
, whatever. If the the occasion calls for it, I'll be ready.
lol both suits are bad...one more ridiculous than the other...the other dude with the brown pimp suit has got to stop...when buying a suit, youcan't have more than 3 buttons...

jeeebus these suits are starting to look like shirts with all them buttons...

the black one is a problem cause there's too many different shades of black....the tie isn't done correctly (and it isn't that loose look either)
the arms are also real bunched up...

Yeah man, I'd suggest you get yourself a real decent suit....you never know when you may need it..

Back
Top Bottom